How lazy are you?

Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
Come on, share your stories. What is the most (or is it least?) you have done to get out of doing something?

I will get the ball rolling.

When I was in my early teens, I went to get the clothes off the line for my mum. Instead of taking them off, I sprayed them with a hose a little so I can say they were still wet when I checked. I could have just said they were wet, but that would be a lie. So a quick hosing and you are in truth city, population me.

So how about you? How lazy can you be?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    A quick hosing is never good. Never.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I would tell you my lazy story but I'm too lazy to type it.

This but like
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Sometimes I'm too lazy to put makeup on for selfies so I just block out my face with a sticker.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    meh
  • cee134

I see your ... and raise you

Have you ever been so utterly stressed out that you had to step aside for a few moments and close your eyes, pretending you’re somewhere else entirely? There are many things in life that I look forward to. Through tedious tasks each day, I can’t help but daydream about the things that I would most prefer to be doing. Sometimes it could be as simple as enjoying a coffee ice cream shake. For the most part, however, I fantasize about my favorite non-food items. A warm, sunny day with a gentle breeze. The fact that @MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian. A picnic at my favorite brook. Long road trips with great tunes and a friend. Though these are all fantastic ideas, I have to say that there is one day-off activity that I am an utter expert at: the ultimate retreat: the lazy day on the couch. Expert planning of a lazy day on the couch includes procuring the necessary items, food, and attire.

There are many components to the perfect day. Firstly, you must have the necessary items to make a lazy day just that- LAZY. These items include, but are not limited to, a wide assortment of movies and books. In order to completely anticipate the fluctuating moods and interests of a lazy lounger- there have to be at least six genres of movies. Action, romance, comedy, horror, suspense, and mystery. Books have to be varied- but not necessary by genre. I usually like to have at least three of my favorite old stand-bys, and two or three new books that are waiting to be read. Without these things, you run the risk of becoming bored and lazy- which is not nearly as much fun as just being lazy. Extra blankets and poufy pillows for the couch are a must. There is no lee-way on that subject. Without squashy pillows, the lazy day becomes an uncomfortable fiasco.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Anyone ever pick something up from the floor with their toes because you're too lazy to bend down? No?
    I may have once or twice. *shrugs*
  • Just_J_Now
    cee134 wrote: »

Have you ever been so utterly stressed out that you had to step aside for a few moments and close your eyes, pretending you’re somewhere else entirely? There are many things in life that I look forward to. Through tedious tasks each day, I can’t help but daydream about the things that I would most prefer to be doing. Sometimes it could be as simple as enjoying a coffee ice cream shake. For the most part, however, I fantasize about my favorite non-food items. A warm, sunny day with a gentle breeze. The fact that @MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian. A picnic at my favorite brook. Long road trips with great tunes and a friend. Though these are all fantastic ideas, I have to say that there is one day-off activity that I am an utter expert at: the ultimate retreat: the lazy day on the couch. Expert planning of a lazy day on the couch includes procuring the necessary items, food, and attire.

There are many components to the perfect day. Firstly, you must have the necessary items to make a lazy day just that- LAZY. These items include, but are not limited to, a wide assortment of movies and books. In order to completely anticipate the fluctuating moods and interests of a lazy lounger- there have to be at least six genres of movies. Action, romance, comedy, horror, suspense, and mystery. Books have to be varied- but not necessary by genre. I usually like to have at least three of my favorite old stand-bys, and two or three new books that are waiting to be read. Without these things, you run the risk of becoming bored and lazy- which is not nearly as much fun as just being lazy. Extra blankets and poufy pillows for the couch are a must. There is no lee-way on that subject. Without squashy pillows, the lazy day becomes an uncomfortable fiasco.

I'm too lazy to read this.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    I taught my kids to read and google by 3 and 4 so I never had to answer their parade of dumb questions.
  • _pi3_
    cee134 wrote: »

Tl;dr
  • _pi3_
    Anyone ever pick something up from the floor with their toes because you're too lazy to bend down? No?

No more like oh bf will get it
  • Just_J_Now

No more like oh bf will get it

:D
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    I've sprayed Febreeze on clothes that I didn't feel like washing, but wanted to wear anyways.
  • cee134
    I've bought new clothes in lieu of doing laundry

Socks?
  • cee134
    qfc1rar380v8.png
    z53bvm4fabv4.png
  • i wd respnd wth smthng whtty bt im 2 lzy 2 typ al thse lttrs