Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    As I say

contact a local, elected representative

they are elected to help you and they will

And if they don't, go to a local newspaper or radio station and make a fuss to get yourself noticed.

My boss likes to say that "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" - it's not right that a person should have to make a scene to get the help they need, but it sounds like that's what you might have to do.
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    And dont get me wrong i know the rules are put there in place for a reason and what not but there needs to be room for common sense and leaway there somewhere ( Alltho i had some one tell me common sence ant to common anymore its now a a freakin supper power and to date i still believe theses words to be true)
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    As I say

I have and have not heard anything back as of yet. I was told they will look into it.

don't wait

phone them back, if they don't jump on board phone someone else

keep phoning, writing, e-mailing until someone with influence takes up your cause

elected reps, journalists, trades union peeps, talk radio jocks, TV shows, sports franchises

local celebs...

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    As I say

I have and have not heard anything back as of yet. I was told they will look into it.

don't wait

keep phoning, writing, e-mailing until someone with influence takes up your cause

elected reps, journalists, trades union peeps, talk radio jocks, TV shows, sports franchises

local celebs...

I AGREE keep on these people to get things done. raise heck. your life in in jeopardy. call tv shows,new stations,new papers,and so on if you have to.sometimes you have to be pushy when it comes to your health and getting things done
  • Rickster1967
    Options
    As I say

don't wait

local celebs...

I AGREE keep on these people to get things done. raise heck. your life in in jeopardy. call tv shows,new stations,new papers,and so on if you have to.sometimes you have to be pushy when it comes to your health and getting things done

DAMN RIGHT

you have the right to get the help you need, make plenty of noise - your very existence is at stake
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I'm working on something now to send to my local news reps and email who ever i can as for local celebs that's probably is the mha lol.

alltho thinking i think i have a relative that use to play for the new york rangers but he not a close relative but its work a try.
  • Rickster1967
    Options
    I'm working on something now to send to my local news reps and email who ever i can as for local celebs that's probably is the mha lol.

alltho thinking i think i have a relative that use to play for the new york rangers but he not a close relative but its work a try.

Great!!

Get in touch and ask 'is there anything you can do to help?'

They then might know someone who can reach influential people - get your story out there!!

I also tell you this because if you do reach out and get the help you need the benefit will go way beyond getting financial and medical help. Your self confidence, mood, positivity and all kinds will improve. Just doing something novel will have benefits on your health

And you never know who is going to be listening and what they might do when they hear your story.

Rooting for you buddy
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    Follow up on the go fund me thing sence i made it i have reaches what i was looking for i set the goal low because i hates asking
  • Rickster1967
    Options
    Follow up on the go fund me thing sence i made it i have reaches what i was looking for i set the goal low because i hates asking

you'll find people will get behind it

make the short video, get it on Twitter, ask everyone on here to go retweet it
  • Rickster1967
    edited January 2018
    Options

My mother is rewriting what i had done up so it makes sence and to the point. She good with words.

A good way to do the video is as an interview

Have a list of questions, have someone ask them and give the answers to the interviewer

then at the end turn to camera and ask the viewer to click on the link...

make sure you appeal for help - that is known as a "call to action" and it will make a huge difference to the response - say something like

"Please having heard my story, if you can help me out just a little bit, click on the link.."
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Get in touch and ask 'is there anything you can do to help?'
    Great idea!

I would suggest a slight change in wording. Ask them - What can you do to help? Don't make it easy for them to quickly say that there is nothing they can do.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Another thought re: securing assistance.

Does the doctor you are seeing or the hospital she or he is affiliated with have a social work/social services department or an ombudsperson that you could reach out to? These folks will know who to call (in terms of social service agencies, government offices, etc.). They might even be able to do some of this outreach for you, given you are an established patient or will be soon (in the case of the hospital.)
  • bjcrewe
    Options

My mother is rewriting what i had done up so it makes sence and to the point. She good with words.

A good way to do the video is as an interview

Have a list of questions, have someone ask them and give the answers to the interviewer

then at the end turn to camera and ask the viewer to click on the link...

make sure you appeal for help - that is known as a "call to action" and it will make a huge difference to the response - say something like

"Please having heard my story, if you can help me out just a little bit, click on the link.."

I would have to say i would never have thought of that.

• bjcrewe
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Another thought re: securing assistance.

Does the doctor you are seeing or the hospital she or he is affiliated with have a social work/social services department or an ombudsperson that you could reach out to? These folks will know who to call (in terms of social service agencies, government offices, etc.). They might even be able to do some of this outreach for you, given you are an established patient or will be soon (in the case of the hospital.)

I will look into that there might just be. There might just that one person that i have not talked to that can help or point me to someone that can.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I dont think i ever said what it is i have that i see so many doctors.

I have Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 or Wermer's syndrome is part of a group of disorders, the multiple endocrine neoplasias, that affect the endocrine system through development of neoplastic lesions in pituitary, parathyroid gland and pancreas. At present i have tumors on my pituitary (they wont do Sergey to risky) , parathyroid, and my pancreas and that's just what they know of from the test they can do.