lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    In the US, the American Cancer Society offers supports to people who have your condition. Perhaps this Canadian organization does the same. Is this your correct region? If not, this same site has info for other Canadian regions.

Canadian Cancer Society - Newfoundland and Labrador

http://www.cancer.ca/en/support-and-services/support-services/financial-help-nl/?region=nl
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    @bametels Has anyone told you lately that you're awesome? :) I hope one or more of these organisations can help the OP.
  • bametels
    Options
    @SueSueDio Thank you, you are so kind. I, too, hope that these organizations can help.
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    @SueSueDio Thank you, you are so kind. I, too, hope that these organizations can help.

I have contacted all of them had to leave msgs most likely no one in on the weekends.

And i have to agree you are awesome.
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Now to get back to the weight lose my weight seems to go from 460-465 every week dont go lower then 460 and dont go higher then 465. Now it dont help that someone keeps moving my scale around the bathroom (I'm living with my grandparents and they dont like anything out of place they seem to think it a out of place where i puts it but it's the only level place i can find in the bathroom.)
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    Now to get back to the weight lose my weight seems to go from 460-465 every week dont go lower then 460 and dont go higher then 465. Now it dont help that someone keeps moving my scale around the bathroom (I'm living with my grandparents and they dont like anything out of place they seem to think it a out of place where i puts it but it's the only level place i can find in the bathroom.)

explain that you need the scale left in the same place all the time

That may mean putting it somewhere else in the house like in a garage or something
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

for a normal person that would mean maintenance calories. but since you have all these health issues. it could be due to them why your weight loss is super slow. I have a genetic defect that causes me to have a metabolic disorder and weight loss is super slow for me too. but your condition can also cause whats called etopic cushings syndrome which means an increase in cortisol production. so that could make it hard to lose weight in itself. so I can understand the struggle. just keep doing what you are doing and dont worry about the weight loss so much as getting the help for your health issue(which I know you are trying to do) .I know you need to lose weight and you are trying. it just may be a lot slower than it is compared to others who dont have your health issues. try not to stress as that also raises cortisol.
  • bametels
    Options
    bametels wrote: »

I have contacted all of them had to leave msgs most likely no one in on the weekends.

And i have to agree you are awesome.

Thank you. I hope you hear back from them tomorrow morning!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Any return calls from the various organizations @bjcrewe ? Hope so.
  • KimiDenise810
    KimiDenise810 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I'm so proud of you! You've taken the first steps already.. WAY TO GO! If I were you, I would start with food/calorie tracking. And, just like someone else said, start taking trips around the living room if you have to. I'm personally on a mission to lose about 80 lbs. I am scared shitless because I don't want to fail.... but, it's day two. I "cheated" once on my diet and tomorrow is a new day! Good luck to you and I hope you come back to give an update as to how your weight loss journey is going. I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Little update the government cant or won't help we eaither and i have not heard back from any one else. Called my local mha office a total of 100 times in the last days and only talked to some one 3 times to be told they working on it.

In that case it is time to speak to others who might take up your cause - outside medical profession

local government
    your elected representatives
    churches
    TV stations
    radio
    newspapers
    sports franchises
    local celebs
    Chambers of Commerce
    Freemasons
    The round Table
    various other lodges

in the developed world you simply cannot be left in this position, it is frankly ludicrous
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I won't be on for the next i dont no how long i will not have access to the internet i will stay on track the best i can with the food that is provided while I'm gone.

If you think it'll be any help, if you have a mobile device, you can still access any recent foods you've logged. I know you say the food is provided, but just a thought.