Two months Keto ❤️

Options

Replies

• All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    also - Halo Top ice cream (or similar) is great for the occasional sweet treat
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Pumpkin34_160 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All1971 wrote: »
    also - Halo Top ice cream (or similar) is great for the occasional sweet treat

I love it!
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options
    viviancp wrote: »
    I started keto last Monday (9/25/17) - my doctor recommended it for weight loss. I weighed in on the 25th at 224.2. I weighed in yesterday, Monday (10/02/17), at 220. I joined a facebook group that his been incredibly helpful! For anyone doing keto, please feel free to friend me. I'm not sure if it's just the honeymoon stage, but I am loving this WOE and can see myself doing this long-term as a lifestyle (probably with a couple tweaks, mainly fruit!). Having a community is always helpful and fun!

I’m sticking with it :) I’m in love. Don’t crave carbs at all, I’m so much more aware of what foods I’m putting in to my body, and I’m awake to all of the chemicals they use for packaged foods. It’s amazing to me.
    Keto on girl!
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options
    Good luck ❤️
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    How many pounds did u lose ?
    And how many carbs did u stick with 20 a day ?

26lbs so far. I stick to under 17. But I started at under 23, and weeks passed I lowered my calorie count.

I don’t log my food anymore, after about a month n half I feel I have a right idea. Unless I go out to eat
  • Disney50Girl
    Disney50Girl Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Question....do you believe you can do this WOE forever? Please be honest. I was going to try Keto/low carb but I don't think it's realistic to believe I'm never going out for pizza/pasta/tacos etc? or go to an amusement park with my kids and get ice cream bars or fun snacks? I' d love to hear your honest opinions - multiple people please.
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options

26lbs so far. I stick to under 17. But I started at under 23, and weeks passed I lowered my calorie count.

I don’t log my food anymore, after about a month n half I feel I have a right idea. Unless I go out to eat

Do you exercise as well ... I am trying to do the low carb as well.

Some times prob not as much as I should, I do walk every day. When I do excerszie I do weights
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options
    Question....do you believe you can do this WOE forever? Please be honest. I was going to try Keto/low carb but I don't think it's realistic to believe I'm never going out for pizza/pasta/tacos etc? or go to an amusement park with my kids and get ice cream bars or fun snacks? I' d love to hear your honest opinions - multiple people please.

Yes it most definitely can be. I mean we’re all human, I’ve been out with my friends drinking and ate a slice of pizza. It happens. When u go with the kids get a burger get no bun And special sauce.

Sometimes I’ll sneak a fry or two. Sometimes you just have to get that little taste to keep your mind happy.

99.9% of the time I do keto, and I plan sticking with it, it’s not really hard, there are alternatives for things like rice, pasta, And breads.

:)

• Pumpkin34_160
    Options

Do you exercise as well ... I am trying to do the low carb as well.

Some times prob not as much as I should, I do walk every day. When I do excerszie I do weights

Did you take multivitamin ?

Can you please give me a days meal plan you do ?

I don’t take any vitamins. I prob could though. I’m terrible about taking a pill everyday.

Tbh I don’t really have a meal plan, I drink BPC every morning- I’ll take spinach to work, and whatever meat I had the night before, come home and try and eat before 6pm today I had eggs sausage and avocado.

I eat avocados as much as possible but they have gotten so expencive here so about 4 a week.

Sometimes I’ll have some almonds and cheese for lunch at work.

Weekends is when I have my big dinner meals and I use those for the week. To at least a few days.

I drink a TON of water everyday. That helps too
  • mreidkramer
    mreidkramer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can someone please clue me in to what "WOE" means?

And also... just a couple weeks into a loose start of keto, but already down 9 lbs. I've been looking for friends to share with and follow, please feel free to add me!
  • mreidkramer
    Options

I think only you can answer that for yourself. I did the Adkins many years ago, and did very well. But it was never my intent to stick with it, I wanted to lose baby weight only, and then I wanted mai tais. :) But I have learned over the years that I need to manage what I eat at all times. Pizza is a weakness. But otherwise, when going out I just make good choices at the restaurants. Instead of tacos, I have taco salads. I let the kids enjoy the ice cream, and I make a choice to not have one, because I know that it will land directly on my *kitten* and my jeans won't zip. You just have to decide what your priorities are in life. You can definitely still enjoy amusement parks and restaurants with your kids, without sacrificing your healthy lifestyle.
  • mreidkramer
    Options
    LOL! I typed a-s-s and it posted "kitten"!
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are you guys familiar with the low carb group here on MFP? I am keto too. 36 days now!! :smiley: I am always looking for new friends who are serious about keto.
  • mreidkramer
    Options
    I haven't heard of MFP. What is that?
  • trish55011
    Options

Hi, Disney50Girl. Yes, I believe this WOL is forever. I am a huge pizza nut and Butter Pecan ice cream is my fav. But since beginning keto, I haven't wanted either of them. I am not sure why, but one of my favorite candies has always been candy corn. Well, the office where I have been working this week has a dish full on the table in the break room. Before I realized it I had a piece in my mouth. I had to spit it out. It was way, way too sweet. As I am writing this to you, I am trying to work up the urge to go to Wallyworld and get some ice cream or pizza or you fill in the blank. I just don't want it anymore. It doesn't taste good to me. That's what keto does. It gets rid of the taste for the carb loaded, sugary sweet foods. What I crave now is butter in my coffee, bacon, avocado, spinach, green and red cabbage, I crave real, whole, live foods. Oh, just to throw this in, I had an idea for keto pizza. Here is the recipe: 1/2 joseph's lavash bread, 1 tbsp pizza sauce, 3 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese, 8 pepperoni slices, sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese and bake till bubbly. I think the total carb count is something like 6 grams net carbs. Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how good it is, but it's an idea if the pizza bee starts buzzing around. Feel free to friend me and take a look at my food diary. I'd be happy to talk to you more about keto.
  • trish55011
    Options
    Can someone please clue me in to what "WOE" means?

And also... just a couple weeks into a loose start of keto, but already down 9 lbs. I've been looking for friends to share with and follow, please feel free to add me!

WOE= Way Of Eating
  • Pumpkin34_160
    Options

Your using it. My fitness pal. And woe is way of eating.
  • trish55011
    Options

MFP=My Fitness Pal
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!