Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

12346»

Replies

• FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 3,352Member Member Posts: 3,352Member Member
    Thinking about my dad, I have another one. This is kinda personal but he passed at home, in bed. Iv always been glad he was at home, in bed. It gives me peace to think he passed in his sleep. Anyway. As soon as we could return to the room, once he had been taken away by the ambulance, my brother went in first. He shouted on me quite urgently to come in, 'come in and feel this' he shouted, I ran in. ' What is it?' My brother told me to stand at the foot of the bed where he was.

No word of a lie. At the bottom of the bed, in an isolated spot it was ICE COLD. very odd. We passed our hands through the area and you could easily feel the icy spot in the room. I checked, Windows all closed. No drafts. Rest of room was regular temperature. I will never forget it. Was it supernatural? It was very strange anyway. Especially since my dad had just passed in that room.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 9,907Member Member Posts: 9,907Member Member
    Not so spooky but my husband died of an od and i was doing a walk with a group for sobriety a few months later and suddenly "our" song started playing on my phone. I didn't touch my phone. It played on iheart. And it isn't a band that i generally listen to. And then it stopped after the song was over.
    Years ago, an ex of mine was really good friends with this guy, really close and the guy had a kid. A little boy. At this time the kid was around, 3 years old? I don't know exactly but he was about that age. My ex was pretty friendly with this elderly couple.

So the elderly guy passed away and my ex took his friends little boy on a visit to kinda, I dunno, cheer up the old lady. The kid was too young and didn't understand what had happened or that the old man had died. My ex told me what happened when he had taken the boy to visit at her house.

He said that when they were all just sitting there, the little boy pointed to an area in the room and started patting his head repeating 'sore head, sore head'. The spot the boy was pointing to was the exact spot the elderly man had fell down and banged his head when he died.
  • helow88helow88 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    I have no clue if what I saw was a ghost or not. At the time, I decided to keep my experience to both myself and my family. It was only months later when I spoke with neighbors, at a party, about my encounter. I got some interesting feedback from neighbors about their experiences while living at our apartment complex. Here are both mine, and their stories.

The guy hosting the party had lived at that complex for several years. According to his research, it was built in the 1940's and was the housing units for the staff of a nearby (long ago demolished) hotel. Both he and his partner lived in an adjacent single story unit where they had a one bedroom bungalow. On more than one occasion, both of them swore they heard the sound of human feet walking on their roof. Pacing back and forth. At other times, they heard a loud bang and thundering noise of what they described like a "large wooden wine barrel being rolled across the ceiling". It would disappear after several minutes. This apparently only happened late in the evening.

Then the young couple ,who lived on the second floor of a seperate building, spoke up about how they could hear someone walking down their corridor only to see no one. The floors were made of wood so you could always hear someone coming from a distance. Again, this only occured very late at night. They even opened their door once to look and saw nothing. There was only one way down that hall, with only four units to one side. The other side was nothing but an open air banister.

My story was the creepiest. It occured late at night, in August 2008. It was around 11pm when I decided to take a shower before my husband came home from his shift. Our (ground floor) bathroom had a small frosted glass window that could be opened for ventilation. Please note that this window was at least six feet up from the floor. While in the shower I had the feeling someone was looking at me. I pulled back the shower curtain and saw the outline of a head an inch away from the glass window looking in on me. It had pale white skin with very dark/black lips and dark shadows for eyes. It looked very slender and youthful. It slowly leaned away from the window once it realized I noticed it. I called out my husband's name because I thought it was him. Thinking he got home early, I jumped out of the shower and threw on some clothes. I opened the front door and saw there was nothing. His motorcycle wasn't parked in his space and he was nowhere to be seen. My husband came home an hour later. I told him about it and he wasn't too happy. That thing had to be over six feet tall to glare into that tiny window. Was it a ghost? A passing weirdo? I dunno, but at least I was able to share this with people and face the reality that something did happen their in that old apartment complex.

edited September 17
    Was chatting to my work mate about ghost stories today and she told me some of hers and her families. I was freaking out ! Some aren't actually about seeing a ghost, perse, but same idea I guess.

Her daughter's dad died and he was a huge football fan. Like. Really loved it. His favourite teams colours were green. At his funeral everyone wore green in some way. One day his daughter was in the kitchen, making some toast but she was having a really bad day. Crying and sad. She opened the window and a green feather blew in. We don't have green birds of any description flying around here, so she took that as a sign from her dad. She kept the feather.

My work mate said she was once over at her mum's house. It's a fairly big house with a large staircase in it. All the family was over and she was in the kitchen making everyone tea / coffee. She said that from the kitchen, she could clearly see in the mirror, her sister (or what looked like her sister) walk up the stair case. She said she walked out and shouted up to her, 'would you like some tea?' She kept shouting and then her family called her through to the living room, everyone was in there....including her sister. She says that she 100% seen her sister walk up the stair case.

Another one of her ghost stories. Her family moved into a house in the 1970's and she said it was a Catholic family who had lived there previously. On the walls where crosses had hung, was the outline of the crosses. She said this freaked her out a bit. Her sister had a bedroom downstairs and she would often say that she could hear footsteps. But it sounded as if the hallway was a close, loud and echoey, not the way it actually was a normal hallway, with carpet. So it sounded like the feet were walking on concrete and loud. She said that one night her sister bent down to get something from the floor, while in bed and felt a babies hand touch hers.

She also told me about her dad's brother. Her dad and his brother were driving for many miles to attend their other brothers funeral. Her brother says that he was driving and was so tired, was falling asleep. He says that his brother, who had just died appeared right in front of his face and shouted loud 'wake up!' Had he not woken up, he would have driven into a ditch and possibly died.
    Another work mate told me a story that I find interesting.

She was unwell, in bed, years ago. She felt pressure on her bed sheets and looked round to check if the bed was touching anything or was maybe leaning against the bedside cabinet ? Nope. She turned over and went to sleep.

Days later her mum met a friend for a coffee. The friend, out the blue, said 'tell her not to worry, it was her grandad that was sitting on her bed the other night, he was just checking in on her.'

Freaky thing? She hadn't told anyone about that happening. So how did the friend know?
    I wonder if this qualifies as a ghost story or just freaky.

I hadn't stayed overnight at my bf house on my own often, this was gona be like the 2nd time (this was a while ago). So being a little scared, I checked the patio doors many times during the evening, trying the handles to make absolutely sure the doors were locked! Before going to bed, I again checked them. Locked. I asked Alexa to turn lights off. She did. I went upstairs.

I went into bedroom, then into bathroom. I looked down stairs, all the lights back on. I was like huh? I definetly put them off. So I carefully went down stairs, convincing myself someone else was in the house. I managed to get into the living room, I ran over to check the doors. It was open. The door was now open. I locked it and again asked Alexa to turn lights off. She did. I went upstairs. Again went into bedroom and quickly to bathroom and I looked downstairs to AGAIN see the lights back on. I hesitantly went back downstairs and this time I disconnected Alexa and ran upstairs. Honestly felt like calling my bf to come back home.
  • s131951s131951 Posts: 1,442Member Member Posts: 1,442Member Member
    I used to work in a haunted funeral home....
    This is copy/pasted from my post over at faygoluvers b/c I'm lazy.

Here's my pic and story:

This was back when I was working in a funeral home (side note: funeral directors are cool *kitten* folks, one of the guys became my best friend). anytitties, the pic is of the office I was working in at the time. The guy on the computer is one of the funeral directors (Kevin), the one taking the picture of my beautiful *kitten* (illuminattied in green btw) is my homie Dan. He had just gotten a digital camera and this was back in the 00s, like 05 I wanna say...and this was his first camera so he was dickin around with it. So this is one of the pictures he took. I circled what I think looks like a misty arm coming out of the wall. The thing is, on the other side of that wall is the embalming room...and that's the wall bodies would be put up against when they were worked on. I also think that funeral home was haunted....just based off of experience from working there.

QIGBAGS.jpg

Why did autocorrect go to anytitties or is that a thing?
  • 1sphere1sphere Posts: 2,440Member Member Posts: 2,440Member Member

this might be related to the topic, he makes loads of ghost story videos
  • AmericanbabydollAmericanbabydoll Posts: 754Member Member Posts: 754Member Member
    Bump because it's October. :wink:
  • NotSo_LittleRichardNotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,003Member Member Posts: 1,003Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Now that Halloween is right around the corner I want to hear ALL the ghost stories.

Tell me your best!

The other one isn't bumping.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10464709/ghost-stories-i-want-to-hear-your-best/p1

There's a bunch of new people. Any new or interesting ghost stories?

g7xq0j2aemrl.gif

Great stories in this thread and the original. I love this time of year
  • DonutEatThatDonutEatThat Posts: 1,327Member Member Posts: 1,327Member Member
    I was never close with my paternal grandfather, we butted heads quite frequently. A couple nights after he died, I was trying to go to sleep, being emo and thinking how we never were able to have a relationship that was positive. I always sleep with one foot out from under the covers, and that night I felt a very strong pull on my big toe. I stopped crying immediately and just laid there in the dark waiting to see if something else would happen, but nothing did. When I was a kid and we visited grandma and grandpa, my sister and I would sleep on the pullout couch in the living room. When he thought I was sleeping in too late, grandpa would pull my toes to wake me up. Never knew what to make of it, maybe it was a dream.