Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What book are you reading?

Replies

• KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 17,827 Member Member Posts: 17,827 Member
  • slessofmeslessofme Member Posts: 6,810 Member Member Posts: 6,810 Member
  • mydogisthebestdogevermydogisthebestdogever Member Posts: 629 Member Member Posts: 629 Member
    The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,510 Member Member Posts: 11,510 Member
    a1krbs7jqwmo.jpg

I'm not even two pages in and already feel like I need to rethink my life 😂😬
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 789 Member Member Posts: 789 Member
    I just started this:

x5na3dwfggj6.jpg
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,036 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,036 MFP Moderator
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I just started this:

x5na3dwfggj6.jpg

Nice, let us know if it's amazing
  • sloth2notsloth2not Member Posts: 235 Member Member Posts: 235 Member
  • tuddy315tuddy315 Member Posts: 7,654 Member Member Posts: 7,654 Member
    Night School - Jack Reacher series
  • chloerebeccamfpchloerebeccamfp Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Currently rereading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • BrianSharpeBrianSharpe Member Posts: 9,033 Member Member Posts: 9,033 Member
    Currently working my way through, in chronological order rather publishing order, the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. The hero being my namesake and my father being a Major Sharpe may have piqued my curiousity.
  • ShrinkingNerdTShrinkingNerdT Member Posts: 236 Member Member Posts: 236 Member
    Such a good read if you want to feel normal.
    pkl7g916qsgo.jpg
  • RepswithRyanRepswithRyan Member, Premium Posts: 168 Member Member, Premium Posts: 168 Member
    I'm reading Wool by Hugh Howey!
  • slessofmeslessofme Member Posts: 6,810 Member Member Posts: 6,810 Member
    She Got Up Off The Couch by Haven Kimmel. Very funny/cute memoir with a poignant section toward the end about her parents marriage.
  • vanpienaarvanpienaar Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
  • melaniedscottmelaniedscott Member Posts: 453 Member Member Posts: 453 Member
    The Alien Reindeer's Bounty by Nancey Cummings. Trashy romance. Not my usual fare, even when I read romance...but Nancey is a friend of mine...and she's a good writer, even when trashy.

I think I'll probably head for some LE Modesitt Jr after.

And I'll say sorry for anyone reading the Richard Morgan (Altered Carbon)...I've read two of his and won't read another.
    edited June 18
  • michael1976_camichael1976_ca Member Posts: 3,476 Member Member Posts: 3,476 Member
    honor few fear none the life & times of a mongol

it's pretty easy read and i find it interesting how he came from nothing to being a leader of a biker group
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 649 Member Member Posts: 649 Member
    I'm reading "The Vorrh" by Brian Catling. It is the most unique work of fiction I have ever read. It's strange and twisted and draws the reader in with some of the descriptions that are like describing something you think you should not be watching but can't look away from. It's the first in a trilogy. If anyone has read it PLEASE let me know, I've asked so many people and no one has read it. I'm dying to discuss it with anyone.

I'm also reading "Disfigured: On Fairy Tales, Disability, and Making Space". It's a work of non-fiction about the role and perception of disability through fairy tales and how people interpret that in a modern lens. Really interesting and I love that she is challenging the ableist society we live in, in terms of beauty, capability, and overall who and what a hero is.
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 649 Member Member Posts: 649 Member
    Jane Eyre (again) and 84 Charring Cross Rd

Can never ever go wrong with Jane Eyre. Who doesn't love
    a secret wife hidden in the attic that then burns the house down? I absolutely adore Gothic Romance and the Gothic genre. Have you read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier?