slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    naftlul2gx51.jpg
  • mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    a1krbs7jqwmo.jpg

I'm not even two pages in and already feel like I need to rethink my life 😂😬
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I just started this:

x5na3dwfggj6.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hard-Boiled-Wonderland-and-the-End-of-the-World.jpg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I just started this:

x5na3dwfggj6.jpg

Nice, let us know if it's amazing
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    Night School - Jack Reacher series
  • chloerebeccamfp
    chloerebeccamfp Posts: 5 Member
    Currently rereading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Currently working my way through, in chronological order rather publishing order, the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. The hero being my namesake and my father being a Major Sharpe may have piqued my curiousity.
  • CarbsAndCoffee41
    CarbsAndCoffee41 Posts: 264 Member
    Such a good read if you want to feel normal.
    pkl7g916qsgo.jpg
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    I'm reading Wool by Hugh Howey!
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    She Got Up Off The Couch by Haven Kimmel. Very funny/cute memoir with a poignant section toward the end about her parents marriage.
  • vanpienaar
    vanpienaar Posts: 5 Member
    Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Alien Reindeer's Bounty by Nancey Cummings. Trashy romance. Not my usual fare, even when I read romance...but Nancey is a friend of mine...and she's a good writer, even when trashy.

I think I'll probably head for some LE Modesitt Jr after.

And I'll say sorry for anyone reading the Richard Morgan (Altered Carbon)...I've read two of his and won't read another.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    honor few fear none the life & times of a mongol

it's pretty easy read and i find it interesting how he came from nothing to being a leader of a biker group
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I'm reading "The Vorrh" by Brian Catling. It is the most unique work of fiction I have ever read. It's strange and twisted and draws the reader in with some of the descriptions that are like describing something you think you should not be watching but can't look away from. It's the first in a trilogy. If anyone has read it PLEASE let me know, I've asked so many people and no one has read it. I'm dying to discuss it with anyone.

I'm also reading "Disfigured: On Fairy Tales, Disability, and Making Space". It's a work of non-fiction about the role and perception of disability through fairy tales and how people interpret that in a modern lens. Really interesting and I love that she is challenging the ableist society we live in, in terms of beauty, capability, and overall who and what a hero is.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Jane Eyre (again) and 84 Charring Cross Rd

Can never ever go wrong with Jane Eyre. Who doesn't love
    a secret wife hidden in the attic that then burns the house down? I absolutely adore Gothic Romance and the Gothic genre. Have you read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    I've apprently decided to nose dive into Modesitt's Ecolitan trilogy (I think there are only 3). I'm on The Ecologic Seccession now. They were all publish late '80's-early 90's and are sci-fi.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Just started Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Lisa Scottoline's "Someone Knows"