Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What book are you reading?

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffeecowbellsandcoffee Member Posts: 2,973 Member Member Posts: 2,973 Member
    Starting this now.

001z2tzn0aoo.jpeg
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,381 Member Member Posts: 9,381 Member
    Starting this now.

001z2tzn0aoo.jpeg

Aaaaaaand I found a new book to add to the list. Thanks, man.
  • cowbellsandcoffeecowbellsandcoffee Member Posts: 2,973 Member Member Posts: 2,973 Member
    This will be next when it's released.

mwfg0h5v5pnl.jpeg
  • mynameisnobody1990mynameisnobody1990 Member Posts: 71 Member Member Posts: 71 Member
    This will be next when it's released.

mwfg0h5v5pnl.jpeg
    sign me up!
  • RyotaFujikawaRyotaFujikawa Member Posts: 420 Member Member Posts: 420 Member
    War and Peace! I had just read The Brothers Karamazov and loved it, and I wanted to go back to Tolstoy for a bit :blush:
  • tuddy315tuddy315 Member Posts: 8,008 Member Member Posts: 8,008 Member
    Night School - Jack Reached series
  • runinthesun7runinthesun7 Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
    ^ I read that several years ago. 👍
  • eigwgteigwgt Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    Pompeii-The Life of a Roman Town, by Mary Beard.

You can watch her too on YouTube if you are interested in ancient roman history.
  • anl90anl90 Member Posts: 928 Member Member Posts: 928 Member
    Four Past Midnight - Stephen King

It's a little different, but so far I like it. Just started the second novella of it. :)
  • steph6556steph6556 Member Posts: 689 Member Member Posts: 689 Member
    Yay, book people! I love us. I just finished Warrior Soul by Chuck Pfarrer. I like seals. I like adventure. I like badasses. Next one up is the Beach. Yes I know all about Leo DiCaprio movie. It’s the first thing I hear when I say I’m reading it.
  • WeekendWarriorTXWeekendWarriorTX Member Posts: 1,857 Member Member Posts: 1,857 Member
    Rereading the Stormlight Archives in preparation for the next in the series being released this year
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 4,528 Member Member Posts: 4,528 Member
    Too Much and Never Enough by Mary Trump
    Enlightening :)
  • Dootzy1Dootzy1 Member Posts: 903 Member Member Posts: 903 Member
    The Institute- Stephen King
  • melaniedscottmelaniedscott Member Posts: 566 Member Member Posts: 566 Member
    The Devil Amongst the Lawyers by Sharyn McCrumb.

She had me with Bimbos of the Death Sun and The PMS Outlaws...because who can resist titles like that?!? But she's actually a very good writer.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 14,114 Member Member, Premium Posts: 14,114 Member
    My son insists I’ll like it,
    getting ready to start the series.

1mcn3enh80gv.jpeg
  • Reckoner69_lmaoReckoner69_lmao Member Posts: 1,000 Member Member Posts: 1,000 Member
    Monster of the week: tome of mysteries
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 796 Member Member Posts: 796 Member
    I'm reading Thomas Hardy for the first time, this year. Tess of the d'Urbervilles is my favorite so far & probably one of the best books I've ever read.

Oh my gosh. Tess is one of my favourites! The tragedy. I’m ridiculously excited. Feel free to DM me and tell me what you think!

PS: BBC did mini series of it a out 10 years ago and it’s pretty good.
  • Revolu7Revolu7 Member Posts: 461 Member Member Posts: 461 Member
    Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual....by Jocko Willink
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 796 Member Member Posts: 796 Member
    Monster of the week: tome of mysteries

Sounds intriguing! What’s it about?

Also...I need to hang out in this thread more! 🤓