The rudest people!

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
To those who have had problems gaining or losing weight:

We all know people can be rude. The world is full of cruel people always making fun of someones weight. The good thing is always having family and friends to be there with you through it all. Also having apps and trainers to help you reach your goal is great.

My question is. What are some hateful things people have said to you about your weight and how did you respond to it??

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My boss( we get along and are friends) said I should stop working out cuz my arms are starting to look manly. I laughed and said "yeah okay", and moved along.
    I pay no attention to what people have to say. It serves no purpose, but at the same time people are intitled to their own opinion. There's no need to get hurt but it. The train keeps moving.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have found everyone really great and supportive, but then I don't bother with trolls. To be honest if someone doubted my ability to lose weight I'd probably try harder to prove them wrong, I'm stubborn like that.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    A friend of mine had a similar comment from a guy in the gym. Her response was "If you started lifting weights you could look manly too" lol

This just made my day. :D Kudos to your friend for handling that situation so well.

I am not sure if I have anything to contribute to this thread since "hateful" is not how I would describe the comments I have received, but rather bad handling of information which makes these individuals feel uncomfortable. For example, I have had a housemate continuously dismissively calling me insane or a fitness maniac (which I found quite rude), because I went 4-5 times a week to 1 hour group lessons. To her it was outrageous that someone would go that often in comparison to her schedule. She got used to it though when she began associating it as a normal thing with me and not only stopped the rude calling, but also ended up often joining me.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head. When fat, I was asked if I was pregnant.... I had already lost 50 and I have infertility :| and last week, told that if I keep trying to reach new PRs I’m going to look like a dude.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head. When fat, I was asked if I was pregnant.... I had already lost 50 and I have infertility :| and last week, told that if I keep trying to reach new PRs I’m going to look like a dude.

when I was pregnant people didn't realise I was pregnant as I was so fat... you can't win
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I used to get eye rolls from flight attendants when I would ask for a seatbelt extender. I have big hips, whether I'm overweight or not. I can't help it!
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I used to get eye rolls from flight attendants when I would ask for a seatbelt extender. I have big hips, whether I'm overweight or not. I can't help it!
    It’s their job to oblige these requests. Shame them on twitter. That creates a PR mess.

I had a particularly horrible experience with a flight attendant on a United flight from Tokyo to San Francisco a few years ago. I went to Twitter and blasted that guy, even tagged United and put the flight number, and that I was sitting in Economy Plus so they would know who it was. United did nothing. That was the only bad experience I've had with United. I still prefer to fly them over any other airline. Probably because I fly coast to coast or overseas and they have more direct flights from Washington DC than any other airline.
  • DianaPrinceDET
    DianaPrinceDET Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was called a fat *kitten*, just this week.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I call myself a fat *kitten*. But I would never call someone else that.
  • DianaPrinceDET
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    diana i'll treat you you like a princess

But will you call me a fat *kitten*?
  • DianaPrinceDET
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    If you get on my good side I'll call you whatever you want

I just require a deposit of a $52 itunes gift card

lol why a gift card? Will coupons work?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Angall08 wrote: »
    To those who have had problems gaining or losing weight:

We all know people can be rude. The world is full of cruel people always making fun of someones weight. The good thing is always having family and friends to be there with you through it all. Also having apps and trainers to help you reach your goal is great.

My question is. What are some hateful things people have said to you about your weight and how did you respond to it??

Why focus on the negative?
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My 6 year old stepson looked at me serious as can be and said "I know how much you weigh 200 pounds" not saying 200 pounds is an insult to some people but I'm naturally small so I was highly offended even though he's only 6. I'm 5'4 130 pounds and I've been dieting for 3 months now so I did feel discouraged that it hasn't looked like I lost that much. Also when I was like 12 weeks pregnant I wore a dress and my stepson straight out told me "you look fat in that dress." Mind you I didn't start showing until 6 months along.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

unpossible.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I ignored the one where he said I look 200 pounds even though I was secretly devastated and when I was pregnant I was emotional so I bawled
  • DianaPrinceDET
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

unpossible.

ununpossible