The rudest people!

Replies

• marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    A couple of years ago I was in a grocery story looking at the cheese selection when this weird guy came up and said "oh no, no you're already fat enough." My response was of course the standard "f-off."
  • finallyfitmommel
    finallyfitmommel Posts: 39 Member
    Maybe not hateful but rude IMO: people asking if I'm pregnant. STFU. Unless there is a child actively emerging from my vagina, No.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Years ago (like eons) shopping with an old friend at the mall and in the store I was helping my (tall & thin) friend look for jeans, so the sales lady came over and chuckled at me and said "oh the larger sizes are over there." (Pointing to plus section) it was lovely that she simply assumed I was trying to buy myself size 2 jeans even though obviously I'm not a size 2. Wtf ... I left.

On the flip side, hitting my goal weight and feeling pretty proud some guy pointed at me in a public eatery saying loudly "get this one a cheeseburger!" So I guess the moral is women are either too fat or thin. Beats me!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    The other day my 5-year old told me not to say that someone has a beard. I asked why not and he responded "Because people don't like when you make them feel different." He's got the right idea, but I couldn't help but laugh.

That is actually so adorable.

Although for a moment I was concerned he meant like, beard beard, like some celebrity men.

LOL I thought that too.

But that kid is pretty wise for a 5 year old and I hope no one ever corrupts the way he thinks.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Not really on topic...but had an ex tell me that his friend didn't think I was at all attractive.

Like why tell me that? Something you really don't have to tell someone.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    This thread looked like it was going to be fun when I read, The Nudist People. Then I put my readers on and was like, ughhhhh...rudist.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I had a sales associate in Victoria Secret tell me that the size medium pants I had picked out would shrink. I still have them and have to roll them down a few inches at the waist because they are too big now and no they didn't shrink! I also had a catcaller scream "Ride fatty" while I was out riding my bike. Some people are just stupid and some are just mean.
  • DianaPrinceDET
    DianaPrinceDET Posts: 54 Member
    Today I was flipped off because some dill hole tried to merge into me.
  • jonezy444
    jonezy444 Posts: 14 Member
    Online dating. Need I say more? A lot of men show their true colors through the anonymity of the internet. Sending rude messages just because they don't like fat chicks
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    jonezy444 wrote: »
    Online dating. Need I say more? A lot of men show their true colors through the anonymity of the internet. Sending rude messages just because they don't like fat chicks

I think you will find that's not limited to one sex or the other.. Thats just online dating.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    My friends and even people I have just met, has never bullied me or stated anything
    (to my face) about my weight. It was my family that did the most damage to me. Now, as an adult, I have learned my worth, they cannot hurt me now.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    My friends and even people I have just met, has never bullied me or stated anything
    (to my face) about my weight. It was my family that did the most damage to me. Now, as an adult, I have learned my worth, they cannot hurt me now.

I don't want to take anything away from what you said. Because we are all on our own journeys. But I kinda have the opposite thing going on. I had a bad MV accident and while recovering I just started packing on the weight, and nobody in my family said a darn thing. Maybe it's one of those careful what you wish for things, but I really do wish someone had grabbed me by the shoulders and said mate, you are letting yourself go and you've got to put the brakes on.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Fyreside wrote: »

I don't want to take anything away from what you said. Because we are all on our own journeys. But I kinda have the opposite thing going on. I had a bad MV accident and while recovering I just started packing on the weight, and nobody in my family said a darn thing. Maybe it's one of those careful what you wish for things, but I really do wish someone had grabbed me by the shoulders and said mate, you are letting yourself go and you've got to put the brakes on.

I completely understand this! My senior year in high school, I was gaining weight, due to not being as active as I was playing soccer and in dance. So, I ate the same without being productive. My dad was the only one that pulled me aside, and nicely encouraged me to start losing weight. He motivated me and supported me, and I did lose that weight! I completely understand how you wish you had someone supportive help open your eyes.

However, in my early 20s, after my dad had passed, cousins, my younger sister, aunts, all that I was close too started in on me, and it wasn't encouraging. I didn't see what they saw, I didn't feel fat, I just felt they were mean. They stated things while they were angry over a situation, not because they wanted to help.

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Angall08 wrote: »
    To those who have had problems gaining or losing weight:

We all know people can be rude. The world is full of cruel people always making fun of someones weight. The good thing is always having family and friends to be there with you through it all. Also having apps and trainers to help you reach your goal is great.

My question is. What are some hateful things people have said to you about your weight and how did you respond to it??

Who the *kitten* cares what people say about my weight? I sure as hell don't. I learned a long time ago that life is too short to care what other people ( esp people I don't know or don't like) think about me.
  • 39andfat
    39andfat Posts: 144 Member
    My line manager asked me when my baby was due.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    My SIL's future FIL asked me if I was Italian because I "look like I could eat". *kitten*.
    Doesn't he realize that Italians have many talents??