198 lbs lost in a little over a year :D

Options
14567810»

Replies

• beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Brilliantly done and GQ magazine handsome.
  • ambernicoleperez
    ambernicoleperez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    YOU MY FRIEND ARE FRICKEN AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!! WTG!!!! THIS ACTUALLY BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES FOR SOME REASON (NO OTHER B&A HAS DONE THAT)
  • sisqo8182
    Options
    Wow... That is great! You look amazing! I have to say I am so confused... because I thought if you do not eat enough calories that your body will store fat and cause you to gain weight. I am always told to meet at least 1200 calories or my body will feel like I am starving it so I will gain weight or destroy my metabolism. Did your body do this when you first started eating 800 calories? I am at a plateau and I was thinking about eating less that the 1200 calories to make my goal of under 200 before my son return back from overseas in Dec.

Thanks! Have a blessed day!!!
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow... That is great! You look amazing! I have to say I am so confused... because I thought if you do not eat enough calories that your body will store fat and cause you to gain weight. I am always told to meet at least 1200 calories or my body will feel like I am starving it so I will gain weight or destroy my metabolism. Did your body do this when you first started eating 800 calories? I am at a plateau and I was thinking about eating less that the 1200 calories to make my goal of under 200 before my son return back from overseas in Dec.

Thanks! Have a blessed day!!!

This is generally true. It is important to know that not all calories are equal. Nutritional density is the #1 most important thing in a diet.
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    From the OP on page 5...
    Hello everyone.

This thread was deleted (locked I guess because itr is back) for some time today because of complaints that I am endorsing a VLCD. I am not. I am simply saying "this is what I did and it worked". It doesn't work for most people. You have to be very careful what you choose to eat, if you are not going to do the research on everything you eat and ensure that you are getting the nutrition you need do not come anywhere near attempting a diet like this.

Doing this diet wrong can and will kill you.

I obtained advice from a nutritionist at the University of Colorado Hospital when starting this diet. I based my diet plan on the diet plan that they ask you to follow for 3 months prior to bariatric surgery. I gave my food logs to the nutritionist once a week for 3 months; she and I where both pleased with the results and I kept doing my diet. I do not know how anyone can think what I did is worse than the surgery. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that you have an opinion and would not try to silence your opinion. Please do not take your opinion to the next level by trying to silence my reality.

I just want to quote this update you made on page 5 because the bolded part seems pretty serious and important and I guess if people missed it on the first 4+ pages that's sad. Maybe by quoting it here anyone who reads and replies will see it when checking back on their own reply. Again congratulations on successfully mimicking bariatric surgery using nothing but spreadsheets and your own mind.

Thank you, I appreciate it. and I do want people to know that this is a dangerous diet if done wrong. I would hate to have someone think they are mimicing me and hurting themselves, that would make me feel very low.
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation. Congratulations!
    I'm curious, did you have any side effects from such rapid weight loss? Also, from getting most of your nutrients from shakes and bars?
    You've done a tremendous job. I hope you'll have as much success in your new goals as well!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    What you've been able to do without surgery is absolutely fantastic!
    It's wonderful to see someone work so hard at getting healthy without resorting to some of those scarier options. :flowerforyou:
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! Congratulations on your hard work!
  • littlecjhatton
    Options
    Holy smokes Batman! Wow, just wow. Good job. Hell of a motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!