Egg fast

13»

Replies

• twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Can I drink BCP during a egg fast?

What is BCP?

I googled and got "Better Concrete Products". I'm thinking that's not it.

This just made me lol in the middle of a conference. Well done. :D
  • Mytmo38
    Mytmo38 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm down to 288 lbs from 445. I need to get down to 280 before they'll schedule my hip replacement surgery. I'm a 64 yr Male, 6'3, I do 16/8 IF and am wondering how many Eggs I should eat for lunch and dinner. Been plateaued here for a month and can't seem to drop these last 8 pounds
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 14
    Lot of hilarity here....

This jumpstart/fad diet reminds me of one long ago, maybe ski team? Eat 7 eggs 1 day, 7 oranges another day, yada yada... stopped when i broke out in hives... lol

However, pretty normal to do a short-term/jump-start kind of plan. My various doctors often suggest various things ranging from keto/atkins, IF and OMAD, myplate or glycemic index, mediterranean, or whatnot. Get whiplash from the opposing recommendations from medical professionals... so it is not a far fetch to try the 'egg fast' as a temporary 'keto-style' version... if someone could tolerate eating so many eggs. It is, according to search info, generally only a 3 to 5 day meal plan.

@Mytmo38 - do a search on the net for the egg fast mealplans, theres some flexibilty there.

@Pumpkin34_160 - how's it going? Do you usually drink BPC on your keto plan? My concern reading the Egg Fast info is it seems to be a very low cal diet plan unless you are adding in enough extra like the fat in the BPC. And, wondering, if you were already following a keto eating approach, did you experience the results people have when they start a keto approach? I would be surprised if the Egg Fast had a big impact if you were already doing a keto plan.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    Mytmo38 wrote: »
    I'm down to 288 lbs from 445. I need to get down to 280 before they'll schedule my hip replacement surgery. I'm a 64 yr Male, 6'3, I do 16/8 IF and am wondering how many Eggs I should eat for lunch and dinner. Been plateaued here for a month and can't seem to drop these last 8 pounds

Are you following MFP plan and logging accurately?

I suggest you forget fad diets like egg fasts and just do that.

If you are having problems, start a new thread, be prepared to open your diary, and people can give constructive suggestions.
  • jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 41 Member
    You know what I'd do with those eggs? Mix them in with some sugar, flour, canned pumpkin, baking soda and spices, bake in a couple loaf pans and enjoy. But that's just me. :)

An egg fast is one diet I've never heard of. I've tried a lot of different diets in my day. I think the worst one was making my own liquid diet(found the recipe somewhere) and did it for a week. Lost 10 pounds, then gained 10 pounds. I also tried Dexatrim when I hit my 20's and that was like drinking 15 cups of coffee.

Has the OP been back since 2017 to update?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    Why had I not posted in 2017?🤔🤯 Just posting for completion. Are you supposed to 280 on the day of surgery or 280 to trigger the scheduling and who cares what you're at on the day of surgery?

How long have you been losing?

Generally speaking you're doing beyond great and the first 165lbs must already be positively impacting your life.... are they not?

Are you currently logging your food? Were you since the beginning?

How many calories are you taking in and, given the hip situation, what sort of activity are you engaged in?
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,489 Member
    The OP isnt answering quick enough for my big nose, so i went and googled it

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html

"What is an egg fast? It’s a (short term) diet that consists of primarily eggs, cheese, and butter. For each egg you eat, you should eat a corresponding Tbsp of pure fat in the form of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also eat a corresponding Tbsp of full fat cheese per egg. Doing this will result in an extremely low carb, high fat, moderate protein intake that will kickstart your body into fat burning mode."

"after reading through the threads it seems that the biggest issue people have is gaining the weight back when you go back to regular LCHF or keto. Across the board it seems that at least 90% of the people doing it will gain at least a portion of the weight lost back – "

Thank u I been googling, but I didn’t see this.

I'm all in! Food I love!
    The secret is to pickle the eggs in ACV, then freeze them and tape them to your stomach.

Unless you really have to do this.

Seriously, you've done so well. The egg diet is just another very low calorie diet. Depending on which version, maybe 700-800 calories a day. This version looks so low carb you'd probably be VERY dehydrated.
    You've done so well. Call your Dr.s office now and tell them to start scheduling. Tell them how close you are. Maybe they'll start.