Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    You look fab in that dress, Nony!

Thank you :)

Some dewby perv thought so too apparently. This is why I seldom post anything like that in the forums...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    anubis609 wrote: »
    ... I need approval to post?

nvm.. past 2 replies just went straight to hell.

There are certain phrases and number combinations that will get caught in the spam filter. It's because the spam filter has to use phrase to eliminate the literal crap tons of spam. So when it gets caught, don't freak. Mods review and approve them regularly.

haha, I will retract my comment about the filter then :tongue: To be fair, I haven't seen any of the voodoo witchdoctor ones with the phone numbers in a long time (touch wood, anti jinx).

There are about 40 or 50 different number/word combinations to address the issue. We actually check each day and add more daily/weekly. Ever since we started doing that, the spam has significantly decreased. We have also given a handful of people a special capability to nuke spam immediately.

If you need a 'while the US sleeps' person to help with that, let me know. I flag what gets through in the evenings (my time), but it takes five and there's not many people around often.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ... I need approval to post?

nvm.. past 2 replies just went straight to hell.

There are certain phrases and number combinations that will get caught in the spam filter. It's because the spam filter has to use phrase to eliminate the literal crap tons of spam. So when it gets caught, don't freak. Mods review and approve them regularly.

haha, I will retract my comment about the filter then :tongue: To be fair, I haven't seen any of the voodoo witchdoctor ones with the phone numbers in a long time (touch wood, anti jinx).

There are about 40 or 50 different number/word combinations to address the issue. We actually check each day and add more daily/weekly. Ever since we started doing that, the spam has significantly decreased. We have also given a handful of people a special capability to nuke spam immediately.

If you need a 'while the US sleeps' person to help with that, let me know. I flag what gets through in the evenings (my time), but it takes five and there's not many people around often.

Thanks. We'll let you know if they need more.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    Officially done with deficit. Do not care what the scale says under the water weight.

Am I out of the club now??

Honey, you OWN the house.

<3
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm more proud of the assertion for "not caring about what the scale says under water weight" (。◕‿◕。)

Haha, well yes, that is a big step for me. Though possibly made easier by the fact I only set that lower goal, what? A month ago? So not too fixated on it.

Also, tired (less than 4 hours sleep), grumpy, slightly itchy and dry feeling...

Anyway, you all know what I said my cut off was, so cutting off. I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, 100%.
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Nony! You are rocking that dress too. :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Happy for you and jealous, heh. I am sat here giving myself a pep talk. I only have two weeks until diet break (I will have two weeks tomorrow (Friday) as my last deficit day before Christmas but I am OVER IT. At the same time I have been so consistent for the first time since the new year that I am impressed with myself and want to fully see it through. Because I have to get to goal reasonably soon or I will drive myself even more bonkers than I already am.

You will get there :)

I feel bad for being such a Debby Downer when I know others are gritting their teeth and kicking the scales.

I need to work out what all this means in terms of cals and strength training etc. Obviously I want to see the whole of Strong Curves through (if I can make it past Day 1 of week 4 ffs) and build strength, but in terms of fat loss I'm at a yeah, nah stage. 'Cept my thighs. Are we sure I can't spot reduce? :D
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I should be happy, and I know that. And I'm sure I will be once I'm not sleep deprived. And I know this is going to sound dumb, but I kind of feel like I was robbed with this last bit, because it was completely unintentional. Like I didn't work for it and therefore don't deserve it yet.

Told you, dumb.

Yeah, it's a bit irrational, but I understand it.

I can understand that this is not how you envisioned hitting goal, but still.

Here it is, and that's awesome.

It was meant to be "look, I did this really smart thing of controlling for AT and minimising LBM loss, and..." and instead it's "oh hey, I got a really sucky rash and burned a billion calories generating it and the weight just fell off!"

Pfft.

Okay, grow up, Nony. Smile, be happy. It is awesome, I have learned a *kitten* ton in the last two months, I've made strength gains, I look pretty damn good, and I made a decision about where to stop based on how I look and feel (okay, sorta, there's some assumption, but based on where I was pre-mother of all eczema flares), not a number on a stupid piece of metal and plastic and wires.

And of course there is all of you guys :)

I think maybe it's that this is the smallest I've gotten sensibly in, like, ever (excluding tubby teen weight loss).

There you go. Exactly the sorts of things I would see you saying to someone else. Well, maybe not "grow up" lol. It's tough when you are feeling so rubbish and sleep-deprived. That's temporary, but all the valuable things you have learnt are here to stay!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I should be happy, and I know that. And I'm sure I will be once I'm not sleep deprived. And I know this is going to sound dumb, but I kind of feel like I was robbed with this last bit, because it was completely unintentional. Like I didn't work for it and therefore don't deserve it yet.

Told you, dumb.

Yup!

You worked hard for this over a long time. I am celebrating for you! Congrats!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Told you, dumb.

Yeah, it's a bit irrational, but I understand it.

I can understand that this is not how you envisioned hitting goal, but still.

Here it is, and that's awesome.

It was meant to be "look, I did this really smart thing of controlling for AT and minimising LBM loss, and..." and instead it's "oh hey, I got a really sucky rash and burned a billion calories generating it and the weight just fell off!"

Pfft.

Okay, grow up, Nony. Smile, be happy. It is awesome, I have learned a *kitten* ton in the last two months, I've made strength gains, I look pretty damn good, and I made a decision about where to stop based on how I look and feel (okay, sorta, there's some assumption, but based on where I was pre-mother of all eczema flares), not a number on a stupid piece of metal and plastic and wires.

And of course there is all of you guys :)

I think maybe it's that this is the smallest I've gotten sensibly in, like, ever (excluding tubby teen weight loss).

There you go. Exactly the sorts of things I would see you saying to someone else. Well, maybe not "grow up" lol. It's tough when you are feeling so rubbish and sleep-deprived. That's temporary, but all the valuable things you have learnt are here to stay!

Ha, not so sure I wouldn't tell someone to grow up!! Not on the forums, obvs. Have been known to think it though!!