Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So did the thread ever get nominated for sticky-dom and did we end up with any new nuggets out of the women's book?

We were nominated months ago, my guess is it isn't gonna happen.

Have not had time to even think about reading the Women's Book (still think he should have gone with Fifty Shades of Hormones :D ).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,783 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    So did the thread ever get nominated for sticky-dom and did we end up with any new nuggets out of the women's book?

We were nominated months ago, my guess is it isn't gonna happen.

Have not had time to even think about reading the Women's Book (still think he should have gone with Fifty Shades of Hormones :D ).

How does one vote for sticky dom? For example...I haven't voted! :flushed:
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I will be happy once the chips aren't in the house any more, though. I do have to say that. My son wanted them. They are a weakness of mine. I'm glad I'm giving in in a somewhat controlled fashion, though.

Chips are one of my favorite food groups in this whole world! Counting out 13 chips sucks, but I do it... :p
  • SpanishFusion
    Options
    :D Our thread is awesome. .

I've come to think of this thread as my 'home' thread. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I think I’m also pretty anxious to see how accurate I’ve been in gauging maintenance.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I think I’m also pretty anxious to see how accurate I’ve been in gauging maintenance.

I felt like you the first week of my diet break. Then the second week I got pretty comfortable (and happy with the extra calories!) So much so that I extended it another 3 days through the weekend :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised that my results seemed to bear out both my calculated maintenance and my logging were fairly accurate (or offset each other enough that in the end it didn't matter).
  • SpanishFusion
    Options
    I agree with eating what you eat on a deficit just more of it. It's easier to get back to your deficit after the diet break than if you just go all willy nilly. :) My experience anyway.
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Been lazily planning my treats for my diet break (thanks Sainsbury's). I plan to start my diet break a week on Monday, and I'm ready for it! 8 weeks at deficit is much more doable for me by the looks of things. The planning aspect has been great, when I've really fancied something it's gone on my diet break list, and half of those things are now off the list (apparently Creme eggs are no longer Dairy Milk, how dare they).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I started reading this thread way late so I’m nowhere near caught up on the discussion but just wanted to report:
    I started my first diet break on Sunday. It’s only Thursday and, while I feel like it’s easy from the standpoint of I have enough calories that I don’t struggle to stay under and if I’m low for the day I just have some Oreos before bed, I feel like this is so much more mentally taxing than eating at a deficit.
    I find myself longing for the two weeks to be over (I seriously have more than another week to go?!?!) so I can get back to a deficit and start losing again.

*waves hi to Carlos!!*
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Been lazily planning my treats for my diet break (thanks Sainsbury's). I plan to start my diet break a week on Monday, and I'm ready for it! 8 weeks at deficit is much more doable for me by the looks of things. The planning aspect has been great, when I've really fancied something it's gone on my diet break list, and half of those things are now off the list (apparently Creme eggs are no longer Dairy Milk, how dare they).

I gave up Creme Eggs (along with many people) when they stopped making them in NZ. Those UK ones are just wrong.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

I gave up Creme Eggs (along with many people) when they stopped making them in NZ. Those UK ones are just wrong.

Agreed! They're disappointingly ordinary now.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It’s a refreshing day. It’ll be healthier for you mentally. Do something that makes you feel good the next day: exercise, get outside, meditate, journal. Tomorrow is a new day. Focus on that and planning better ways to handle similar situations if they should arise.