Liquid Diet Advice?

Options
124»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    User deactivated. Surprise, surprise.

Oh darn it. Just when I was going to suggest champagne as the answer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should've stated this in my original post, but I thought it was a give-in. If you can answer my questions with general knowledge on the subject of juicing/liquid dieting, I'd appreciate your answers to my questions. I don't care about anyone's opinions, as a matter of fact, I'd rather if you kept them to yourself. I guaranty a juice diet is healthier than anything any of you guys are eating. So unless you are somehow qualified to answer my questions, stop cluttering up my thread......please. :)
    Juicing doesn't "detox or cleanse". There are no peer reviewed studies that support the idea. As I mentioned before, a liquid diet would just reduce your calories even more and slow metabolic rate even more. It takes energy to digest food (TEF) so cutting it out reduces calories burned. And just reducing calories while you're already "drained" isn't going to give you more energy. I understand about your chronic fatigue, but it doesn't mean you can't attempt to exercise in some doable fashion when able.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    This thread was like a train-wreck.

I have to add that I've seen some MFP forums turned abusive on the OP, but no one who posted a response to this question came across as abusive. The OP turned hostile. I guess we'll forgive him or her, though, considering the CFS. Maybe it was too much to deal with.