Folks 40 and over?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ahanksa
    ahanksa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello folks!!

Just turned 46 this past week and am feeling like I need a new start in this healthy mind and body journey. I lost s lot of weight a few years ago but life and my body have caught up with me just as I stopped logging my food and working out regularly.

Time for a fresh start and self forgiveness! Looking forward to reading about everyone's posts and participating in a group again.

Warm regards
    A
  • insanytee
    insanytee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me!! I am not sure how to add people. I have been here a little while and would love to have some friends to share this journey with
  • PlumPetals
    PlumPetals Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 41 and joined MFP a week ago. I’m fairly active but feel like I need to tweak my food to help me lose weight and boost my energy levels. Would love to build some connections to increase motivation and support!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well over 70 years been on here over 4 years
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Vince_1964 wrote: »
    I’m in! Could use some more friends on here for motivation and support. I’m 53, been on MFP for several years. Pretty consistent with exercise but need to improve diet for results!!
    Feel free to add me!

Will do. Good to see someone nearer my age.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    62 and in the best shape of my life, after many years of decline. Been on here 3 1/2 years.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    insanytee wrote: »
    Please add me!! I am not sure how to add people. I have been here a little while and would love to have some friends to share this journey with

To add friends - Click on the user's name in the left sidebar. That will open a window with the user's photo. Click on the name again. Another window will open. You will see a button that says "Add as Friend". Click on that button and your request will be sent. You can also send a message with the request.

Add me if you like. Online here most days!

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    43 here
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    44 here
  • tracey_lee_68
    tracey_lee_68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there

My name is Tracey and I am 49. 10 years ago I lost 18kg using My Fitness Pal. Today I have officially regained 15kg and I feel awful. I have tried and failed over the last 3 years to stop the steady weight gain, using the app but fail within days.

I know a habit takes two weeks to form. I am hoping to find a buddy who will support me in making this habit form and restick.

Any takers?
  • noonansnook
    noonansnook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Introduce Yourself
    I’m looking to connect with others to give and recurve support and maybe make some friends along the way I’m a 40
    Something year old Working mom who has lost herself— yes in the midst of a mid life crisis- I️ have finally come to terms that I️ need to figure out who I️ am who I️ want to be—I️ am
    More than this- I️ just know I️t I️ am more than my anxiety and depress and the weight I️ keep holding on to— join me and we can help support each other Much love and respect! I️ will accept all friend requests
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm in. Turned 47 today and have been using MFP since May 2017. Been on my journey a bit longer. I'm 6'3' 252 as of this morning after being at 395 near my heaviest. I'm within 12 pounds of my target and I think I'm more anxious about that than I was starting the process to begin with. It's a different challenge and I'm looking for all of the insights I can gather.
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Tracy & 42 years old. Feel free to add me! I have been struggling to lose the last lbs, but am pretty consistent with workouts. It would be great to have more friends to support and help motivate each other!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I'm 66 and you can feel free to add me. Just make sure to mention you're over 40...lol..Otherwise I might think you are someone random. I have been with this for almost 2 years, and am down 110 lbs. Have some health issues, but still tried to get to the gym everyday. Yesterday I had a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin, so I am entering a new phase...a maintenance phase...I am totally committed to eating and staying more healthy, but enjoying life at the same time...I would be happy to support anyone and receive support from anyone on this journey to a new lifestyle..
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I'm 66 and you can feel free to add me. Just make sure to mention you're over 40...lol..Otherwise I might think you are someone random. I have been with this for almost 2 years, and am down 110 lbs. Have some health issues, but still tried to get to the gym everyday. Yesterday I had a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin, so I am entering a new phase...a maintenance phase...I am totally committed to eating and staying more healthy, but enjoying life at the same time...I would be happy to support anyone and receive support from anyone on this journey to a new lifestyle..

Awesome accomplishment! You have inspired me to try harder. I’m 65 with a bad leg( blocked arter) and bad back otherwise healthy.

• jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    47...silly active, in fact maybe stronger than I have ever been, and very determined to keep progressing. Been a rock climber, weight lifter, triathlete, and now just a long distance competitor cyclist. Happy to support if you want to add me.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been at this for a little over 2 weeks. Starting to become a habit. I could use some friends to join me in this especially with the holidays coming up.

6'5"
    SW: 370
    CW: 353
    GW 240

Please add me.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I welcome all!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    50 AND LOVING IT! So much better than the 20-somethings and 30-somethings.....
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. I lost 55 pounds a few years ago and have mostly kept it off. I did gain a bit more this fall than my usual 5 pounds, so I'm losing some more to get ready for races next year.
    For my 50th year, I'm doing a Spartan Trifecta, plus a couple of trail half marathons. I've also talked a friend of mine into trying to walk a trail that is just over 30 miles with me in one day. It'll be called "Sean's 10 League Day".

I am not going gentle into that dark night.
  • Robbie_G_
    Robbie_G_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    51yo from Scotland,. Been on mfp on and off for a few years had good results in the past, aiming to get my target of 172lb by February.
    Work long shifts supporting disabled adults, usually get to the gym 2 days a week also walk quite a bit. Fitbit user..
    Feel free to add me I usually log every day