Diet soda

Options
167891012»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Has your curiosity been assuaged @Christine_72 ?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Yes it has, I got some insightful answers :smile: Not pro diet soda, but anti scaremongering.
  • sijomial
    Options

Yes it has, I got some insightful answers :smile: Not pro diet soda, but anti scaremongering.

Nice summarising! :smiley:
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Just to turn that question around is there anyone here who genuinely believes that a good way to lose weight is to focus on getting over a diet soda habit?

No ones saying that. For me, anything that can't be made in a kitchen I wouldn't consume daily.

Would you apply that to vitamins and medicines as well?

I don't consume either. I don't get sick. My diet & my immune system is pretty bad *kitten*.

Edit: and I said daily not never.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious how often/how much the vehement pro diet soda advocates drink diet soda... Everyday, regularly? Knowing this will make their position a lot easier to understand :wink:

I pack a 20-oz bottle with the lunch that I take to school each day, so 5/week. Plus I might get a 20-oz bottle from the vending machine once every week or two. Don't order it at restaurants, because it's ridiculously overpriced. However, I put artificial sweetener in many of the other beverages I drink (tea, coffee, lemonade) as well. So, soda pretty regularly but not in large amounts. Artificial sweetener, all the kittening time.
    Just to turn that question around is there anyone here who genuinely believes that a good way to lose weight is to focus on getting over a diet soda habit?

No ones saying that. For me, anything that can't be made in a kitchen I wouldn't consume daily.

This is an unbelievably broad statement. You always have to bring SOME ingredients INTO the kitchen to make the foods. So... what's okay to bring in? Obviously not soda. Flour? I can't make that in my kitchen either. But it's okay to use as an ingredient, I'm guessing. So the soda must be okay to bring in if you use it as an ingredient but not by itself.

So by this logic, it would be perfectly find to bring diet Coke and rum into my kitchen and mix them... and consume them daily!

Lol. Mate, flour can be made in the kitchen. If you don't believe me type it into YouTube. Nice try haha.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    Options

I don't consume either. I don't get sick. My diet & my immune system is pretty bad *kitten*.

But you don't apply that rule to the whey protein supplement you drank Thursday and today.
    Not quite seeing the distinction?
    One item made in a drink factory and one item made in a food factory.

You do realise I said daily right?
  • sijomial
    Options

But you don't apply that rule to the whey protein supplement you drank Thursday and today.

So drinking a diet drink six days a week would be OK with you?
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    Options

So drinking a diet drink six days a week would be OK with you?

Where did you get that idea from? Not I.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I kicked diet soda once upon a time by switching to sparkling water, since it was almost impossible to kick carbonation entirely.

Excellent job trading flavored sparkling water for unflavored sparkling water.

There's also flavored sparkling water, though? I traded sweetened, dyed sparkling water for unsweetened, clear sparkling water.