KETO SUCCESS

Options

Replies

• hankela
    hankela Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! Day 2 on keto and have lost .8oz already. Noticing it's a little hard with keto and the most important thing is to plan ahead and you will succeed lol. Meal prep is definitely key I'm noticing. My main thing is trying to stay away from sweets and pasta because I LOVE spaghetti but will have to control my urges lol. Am noticing I'm not getting vitamin c so I will be getting tablets. Also found out 1/4 Orange helps as well. Add me. Would love to see some more success stories

Bell peppers, especially red and yellow have more vitamin c than an orange as do some other veggies. 1 pepper = ~3 net carbs.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know why some people lose more weight on a low carb diet?
    Is it because some people don't 'process' carbs well?
    Thank you!
  • Cpenney87
    Cpenney87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cheilsea wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just getting started with the Keto diet as well. Would anyone mind sharing their go-to foods? Also, what do you use in place of milk? I usually try to drink 1-2 glasses of grass fed whole milk a day to help with my bone/teeth strength and am worried about that. Do you just supplement with Calcium? Thanks for your help!

So far, my "go to" foods, are avocado, spinach and 50/50 mix salad, cheese, different meat sources for protein (tuna, chicken, beef roast, ground beef, salmon), eggs, bacon, and almond milk. I drink the unsweetened, vanilla almond milk. I always loved regular milk, but this almond milk isn't bad at all as a replacement. I put it, or heavy cream in my coffee each morning.

• Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cpenney87 wrote: »
    Cheilsea wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just getting started with the Keto diet as well. Would anyone mind sharing their go-to foods? Also, what do you use in place of milk? I usually try to drink 1-2 glasses of grass fed whole milk a day to help with my bone/teeth strength and am worried about that. Do you just supplement with Calcium? Thanks for your help!

So far, my "go to" foods, are avocado, spinach and 50/50 mix salad, cheese, different meat sources for protein (tuna, chicken, beef roast, ground beef, salmon), eggs, bacon, and almond milk. I drink the unsweetened, vanilla almond milk. I always loved regular milk, but this almond milk isn't bad at all as a replacement. I put it, or heavy cream in my coffee each morning.

Thank you so much!!
  • timothytippett72
    timothytippett72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started Keto on Monday as of this morning down 6 lbs. I have been exercising as well with running and yoga. I haven't developed an exact routine yet but already seeing progress.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    hankela wrote: »
    Hi! Day 2 on keto and have lost .8oz already. Noticing it's a little hard with keto and the most important thing is to plan ahead and you will succeed lol. Meal prep is definitely key I'm noticing. My main thing is trying to stay away from sweets and pasta because I LOVE spaghetti but will have to control my urges lol. Am noticing I'm not getting vitamin c so I will be getting tablets. Also found out 1/4 Orange helps as well. Add me. Would love to see some more success stories

Bell peppers, especially red and yellow have more vitamin c than an orange as do some other veggies. 1 pepper = ~3 net carbs.

Ok great! I didn't know that. I also found out eggs have a lot of vitamin c as well. I'm learning a lot so far. Day 3 today. I had a leftover hamburger w/ cheese and literally only ate 3/4 of it cause I felt so full still after breakfast which was 3eggs, 1/4 bell pepper and onion
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why some people lose more weight on a low carb diet?
    Is it because some people don't 'process' carbs well?
    Thank you!

When it comes down to it, it's still the calorie deficit that leads to weight loss. Bigger losses means there was a bigger deficit.
  • Adriennecooper72
    Adriennecooper72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 2 on keto after being off for almost 3 weeks. I knew it was time for me to stop being lazy and count my macros. Down 1.5lbs and looking forward to losing the 30-35lbs I need to lose.
    SW: 188
    CW: 186.5
    GW: 155
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Struggling to understand what everyone eats
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I went down from 240 to 200, in keto during my first time around and that took around 3 months i think. I kept losing with just lowering calories for sometime but then i went on a vacation and dropped everything i had learnt and went back to my old ways >.< I'm doing low carb again now to help me get back on track
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    From 10/16/2017, when I started weighing in, to 10/30/2017 I've lost 16.5 lbs doing keto, and I assume I have lost up to 65 or 70 since August. I've been averaging 0.967 pounds lost per day since 10/25.
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    108lbs in 7 months. I monitor my calories and focus on protein and nutritious food more than "fat bombs". I workout at least four days a week (CrossFit and lifting).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!