Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Morning banana diet

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    shero17 wrote: »
    Anyone tried this diet?

No.
    I just eat the food I normally eat that fit my calorie goal.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,220 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    New Diet Program -
    1 Eat a sensible breakfast
    2 Eat a sensible lunch
    3 Eat a sensible dinner
    4 Don't eat after 7pm
    5 Watch your portion sizes
    6 Drink lots of water
    7 Get 30-60 minutes of exercise everyday.

^^ If this is serious post.

I would refine further. This is for weight loss and general nutrition/ healthy lifestyle. (my post is serious)

1 Eat a sensible breakfast
    2 Eat a sensible lunch
    3 Eat a sensible dinner
    Do 1,2,3 most of the time, treats within moderation are ok too. Also ok is variations like eating less than 3 meals per day or more than 20 - as long as total calorie consumption, most of the time, is at or near the right level.
    All of above is totally regardless of meal timeing
    5 Watch your portion sizes - yes ,as part of 1,2,3
    6 Drink lots of water - if you want to. Or don't.
    7 Get 30 ish minutes of exercise most days, if possible.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I'm fairly certain I would vomit if I ate bananas in the morning.

Why?? I often have one chopped up in my bowl of cereal for breakfast.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    ummmmm i have something kind of the shape of a banana in my mouth every morning. but i dont think thats what you mean LOLOLOLOLOL

i know i shouldnt have said it. it was worth any slap on the wrist. i couldnt help myself LMAOOOOOOOOOO

in all seriousness, bananas have calories. if the calories work for your breakfast 'allotment', go right ahead.

but so do chocolate chips. you can make those fit too.

or eggs and toast.

or oatmeal.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,220 Member
    Seriously, I do sometimes have a banana for breakfast, occasionally even 2 bananas.

and I often have one as part of my lunch.

They are nutritious and convenient - but they don't have any magical qualities and it doesnt matter when in the day or night you eat them or exactly how many you eat. (within your calorie allowance and as part of a balanced diet)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Bananas all day long got to burn lots of calories. The bigger the better.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited October 2017
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I would vomit if I ate bananas in the morning.

Why?? I often have one chopped up in my bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I'm with @MotherOfSharpei

Bananas (anything which tastes even remotely like bananas actually) make me throw up. It's psychological in my case. I've got a bit of a banana trauma that I can't seem to get past. Weird how the brain works sometimes.

So this diet would actually work for me... eat and regurgitate almost immediately and lose my appetite for the rest of the day so that the only meal I'll eat would be dinner and even that would be on the light side.

I know this cause I try at regular intervals. Bananas would be a brillant 'grab and go' breakfast for me with a nice micronutrient profile. I'm rather annoyed at that reaction since I can't seem to control it. *shrugs* but that's life.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    The premise is that the bananas and warm water are supposed to give your insides time to relax, if they can't relax, you gain weight and potentially get diseases that could cause blindness or death.

No, no, no.

It's not "hosted" on webmd, it's reviewed by webmd. They say this: "The Morning Banana Diet will probably work simply because you’ll eat less. There is nothing, though, about a morning banana that specifically promotes weight loss." Webmd then goes on to point out that some other things recommended by the diet like stopping eating by 8 p.m. may reduce your calorie consumption and that may result in weight loss. Other things recommended like increasing exercise and getting a good night's sleep are also conducive to weight loss but only with a calorie deficit.

Webmd simply reviews diets in an A-Z list giving the pros and cons of them. Just because it is listed there does not mean it is recommended.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Someday I'd like to meet the people who make these things up. They must really be a hoot.

Freelee the banana girl
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Oy. Now I want rum.

Oh, wait. That's nothing new.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Is that a banana in your morning or are you just happy to see me?