124»

Replies

• batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    tyrindor wrote: »
    Since i am also 31, i understand the mindset you have, everyone around you has met someone, they have their own families, and you still feel like this big boulder (weight) is in the way.

Lose your weight, get healthy, love life.. but girls aren't anymore whack-a-doodle then the ones attracted to you already lol
    I thought that i would have a better selection once my weight was gone... *BUZZER SOUNDS*
    In the end, people can be more attracted to each other physically, but their personality can still be terrible.
    All the people who i get checked out by now are people i would have to spray with Lysol before standing too close lol

I think it might be harder for guys. From what I've seen overweight women can still pick up guys decently. Just last week my (very fit) friend took a girl home that was easily double his weight.

I've never seen it in reverse though. I genuinely have not had a female interested in me since high school (15 years ago). I have been "friendzoned" 100 times over. My guy friend who is a little bigger than me, has never had any female interest despite being a very nice guy that has no problems talking to girls. They basically just treat him as their bodyguard while they pick up hotter guys.

Being a fat guy is rough in the dating department. :/

My advice - scrub the word, and concept of "friendzone" from your vocabulary and mind. It doesn't exist. It is a concept invented by entitled guys who think that a woman is obliged to sleep with them because they're nice to her.

I think of the word in a relationship sense, not a "one night stand" or "friends with benefits" sense. When you ask a girl on a date, and she says "no you're just a friend", that's what I think of being "friendzoned". Sex wasn't even in the cards, but she's still not willing to let you take her out on a date.

I stand by it. She's got no obligation to go out on a date with you.

Well yea, but that's why people invented the term. She thinks of you as a friend, nothing more. The term has nothing to do with expecting women to have sex with you just because your nice. You can be friendzoned as both a female or male, so saying the term was brought up by "entitled males" seems a bit sexist.
    Since i am also 31, i understand the mindset you have, everyone around you has met someone, they have their own families, and you still feel like this big boulder (weight) is in the way.

Lose your weight, get healthy, love life.. but girls aren't anymore whack-a-doodle then the ones attracted to you already lol
    I thought that i would have a better selection once my weight was gone... *BUZZER SOUNDS*
    In the end, people can be more attracted to each other physically, but their personality can still be terrible.
    All the people who i get checked out by now are people i would have to spray with Lysol before standing too close lol

I think it might be harder for guys. From what I've seen overweight women can still pick up guys decently. Just last week my (very fit) friend took a girl home that was easily double his weight.

I've never seen it in reverse though. I genuinely have not had a female interested in me since high school (15 years ago). I have been "friendzoned" 100 times over. My guy friend who is a little bigger than me, has never had any female interest despite being a very nice guy that has no problems talking to girls. They basically just treat him as their bodyguard while they pick up hotter guys.

Being a fat guy is rough in the dating department. :/

My advice - scrub the word, and concept of "friendzone" from your vocabulary and mind. It doesn't exist. It is a concept invented by entitled guys who think that a woman is obliged to sleep with them because they're nice to her.

I think of the word in a relationship sense, not a "one night stand" or "friends with benefits" sense. When you ask a girl on a date, and she says "no you're just a friend", that's what I think of being "friendzoned". Sex wasn't even in the cards, but she's still not willing to let you take her out on a date.

Because she doesn't want to have sex with you... so why would she go on a date with you? If she isn't attracted to you, she isn't attracted to you. End of.

No really? Hence "friendzone".

That's why the term exists, people invented a word to describe a situation. Assuming friendzone means "guys assume women should have sex with them if they are nice to them" is just not true and honestly quite appalling. Very few guys think like that, and women can be friendzoned too. What would a guy in a relationship call other girls he is friends with? Friendzoned.

Either way this is super off topic now so let's just move on...
  • batorkin
    Options
    There are a lot of self entitled guys out there.

Lol.. i remember one time, i got asked out for coffee, I wasn't at all interested so i declined and the guy told me I was going to die alone. Really? Die alone? because i won't go have a coffee with you? lol.. and i am sure he can be a nice guy... you know.. when he's getting what he wants.. lol.. but just cause youre a nice guy doesn't mean I have to be open to going out on a date when there is no attraction there.

Guys like that give other guys a bad rep. This thread is a perfect example, I use one term in a non harmful way and get jumped on assuming I am some entitled male for using it. It's time for bed. :|
  • batorkin
    edited October 2017
    Options

Lol.. i remember one time, i got asked out for coffee, I wasn't at all interested so i declined and the guy told me I was going to die alone. Really? Die alone? because i won't go have a coffee with you? lol.. and i am sure he can be a nice guy... you know.. when he's getting what he wants.. lol.. but just cause youre a nice guy doesn't mean I have to be open to going out on a date when there is no attraction there.

Guys like that give other guys a bad rep. This thread is a perfect example, I use one term in a non harmful way and get jumped on assuming I am some entitled male for using it. It's time for bed. :|

It's because it's not a harmless term. Interpret how you will, but it originated, and remains, a term used by guys who get butthurt because they think a woman should go out with them just because they perceive themselves as nice guys.

This is honestly the first time I've ever seen someone get worked up about that word. People around here use it all the time, females and males. No harm was meant, so let's just move on.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Didn’t read much of this but would add cottage cheese, yogurt, whole grains and beans.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get everything unhealthy out of the house, and ordering only select things that are easy to count calories. I plan to more or less remove everything from the house that is not on this list. Looking to lose ~90 pounds and currently 5 pounds in.

Fruits (Apples/Pears/Grapefruit)
    Vegetables (Asparagus/Cucumbers/Carrots/Broccoli)
    Fish (Salmon, Mackerel)
    Meat (Chicken/Turkey)
    Eggs
    Baked Potatoes
    Salad /w Light Ranch
    Oatmeal /w Skim Milk
    Chocolate Muscle Milk. Replacing this with one meal a day to fill my chocolate cravings, 50% DV Protein. I generally drink this after 40 minutes of exercise. (Gimmick or good idea?)
    Nuts (Almonds/Unsalted Sunflower Seeds). Main snack food if I am feeling overly hungry on certain days.

As far as I can tell I am vastly under eating. 800-1100 calories a day, and the website wants me to eat about 1500-1700 calories to lose 2 pounds a week. I really only want to eat foods that I can track easily and know exactly when I need to eat more or less. I am also unsure about multi-vitamins. I've heard when you are eating healthy, they can actually be a bad thing.

Does this list look well balanced to you guys? Anything you would add or remove?

Eat the calories MFP tells you to eat. Don't eat below the bare minimum 1200 calories without medical supervision.

It is very limited list of food and maybe not sustainable long term.
    You could have more fats. Choose fuller fat dairy.
    What about yogurt, or cottage cheese for snacks?
    You seem to be severely limiting or avoiding grains and legumes. Do you dislike them? Stuff like beans, lentils and quinoa can be pretty filling.
    Proteins, fats and fiber tend to satisfy people so make sure you get enough of those.
    Do you have a plan for dealing with situations like holidays, parties, family dinners, eating out?

I would advise starting with what you normally eat, logging as accurately as you can, learning more appropriate portion sizes and making smaller dietary changes over time.
    Put more vegetables of your plate to bulk out your meals as you reduce portion sizes of higher calorie foods. Try more types of vegetables and different ways of preparing them.
    If you like pizza start getting a thin crust instead of stuffed crust. Eat less but pair it with a big salad. Make your own at home with lower calorie ingredients. If you see you use a lot of calories on drinks switch to low or no calorie drinks. Switch from a cheeseburger to a regular burger. Use less oil in cooking. Try grilling meats or vegetables sometimes.
    Add low calorie flavor with herbs, lemon juice, garlic, hot sauce, salsa or vinegars.

A digital food scale is a very valuable tool and not expensive.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm trying to get everything unhealthy out of the house, and ordering only select things that are easy to count calories. I plan to more or less remove everything from the house that is not on this list. Looking to lose ~90 pounds and currently 5 pounds in.

Fruits (Apples/Pears/Grapefruit)
    Vegetables (Asparagus/Cucumbers/Carrots/Broccoli)
    Fish (Salmon, Mackerel)
    Meat (Chicken/Turkey)
    Eggs
    Baked Potatoes
    Salad /w Light Ranch
    Oatmeal /w Skim Milk
    Chocolate Muscle Milk. Replacing this with one meal a day to fill my chocolate cravings, 50% DV Protein. I generally drink this after 40 minutes of exercise. (Gimmick or good idea?)
    Nuts (Almonds/Unsalted Sunflower Seeds). Main snack food if I am feeling overly hungry on certain days.

As far as I can tell I am vastly under eating. 800-1100 calories a day, and the website wants me to eat about 1500-1700 calories to lose 2 pounds a week. I really only want to eat foods that I can track easily and know exactly when I need to eat more or less. I am also unsure about multi-vitamins. I've heard when you are eating healthy, they can actually be a bad thing.

Does this list look well balanced to you guys? Anything you would add or remove?

Eat the calories MFP tells you to eat. Don't eat below the bare minimum 1200 calories without medical supervision.

It is very limited list of food and maybe not sustainable long term.
    You could have more fats. Choose fuller fat dairy.
    What about yogurt, or cottage cheese for snacks?
    You seem to be severely limiting or avoiding grains and legumes. Do you dislike them? Stuff like beans, lentils and quinoa can be pretty filling.
    Proteins, fats and fiber tend to satisfy people so make sure you get enough of those.
    Do you have a plan for dealing with situations like holidays, parties, family dinners, eating out?

I would advise starting with what you normally eat, logging as accurately as you can, learning more appropriate portion sizes and making smaller dietary changes over time.
    Put more vegetables of your plate to bulk out your meals as you reduce portion sizes of higher calorie foods. Try more types of vegetables and different ways of preparing them.
    If you like pizza start getting a thin crust instead of stuffed crust. Eat less but pair it with a big salad. Make your own at home with lower calorie ingredients. If you see you use a lot of calories on drinks switch to low or no calorie drinks. Switch from a cheeseburger to a regular burger. Use less oil in cooking. Try grilling meats or vegetables sometimes.
    Add low calorie flavor with herbs, lemon juice, garlic, hot sauce, salsa or vinegars.

A digital food scale is a very valuable tool and not expensive.

The lower limit for men is 1500
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I <3 this comment.

I actually like nice guys. My husband is a genuinely nice guy. But there are a lot of "nice guys" out there who aren't as nice as they think they are. Playing at nice in order to manipulate your way into getting what you want isn't really nice. And then throwing a tantrum or getting bitter when the ploy doesn't work isn't cool. If a woman isn't attracted to you, it doesn't matter how "nice" you are. It just isn't there. That's not her problem. She can date or not date whoever she wants and it doesn't make her a jerk. That's her prerogative. I'm sure men wouldn't want to be forced into dating women they weren't attracted to either, just because the women were nice... ;)

ETA: OP, I'm not referring to you specifically when I talk about "nice guys" here. I'm not even talking about men in general. Just some men. :)