Online Dating!

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Posts thread about dating troubles with profile picture of hot bod in string bikini...

Seems legit.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    A quick rundown of online dating

If you have the vaj and are even remotely aesthetically pleasing (say 5 and up/10), you get inundated with tons of emails. You pic the attractive pictures, delete the rest. Then check profiles to weed out the ones you reply to.

If you have the d, you send an email to every profile that has a remotely aesthetically pleasing pic hoping to make the cut, and rarely get a reply because the odds just aren't in your favor. However, if you are aesthetic (say 7 and up/10), you will get quite a few messages from 0-3 or so/10 thinking they have a shot.

Basically, as a female you can generally date 2-3 notches above your level (aesthetically speaking), whereas a male generally has to drop a couple notches below his level to have consistent results.

Call me shallow, but that is the reality as confirmed by personal experience as well as several others, male and female included.

Yep pretty much.
  • chocolate_totoro
    chocolate_totoro Posts: 827 Member
    Who needs a boyfriend when I've got cats and chocolate?

jk, forever alone (//__//) lol
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Husband and I met online and are now married with a baby. :)
  • My husband and I also met online. I made it very clear on my profile that I was not looking for a one night stand. I would email a few times with guys, then start talking with them on the phone. If I didn't get a creep vibe, I'd agree to meet them. My husband was the only one I met and we are soul mates :love:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I haven't had much luck with dating lately so I am thinking of doing online dating. I'm kind of nervous about it though!

I was hoping you guys could share your experiences with online dating. Any tips or advice?

Thanks! :)

And also which site is the best? Haha, I don't know what site I should use!

My friend did it. Total train wreck. It's really hard to figure it out how to get the kind of guy you deserve without bragging. She got lots of guys attracted to her working status, if you know what I mean. She did find the bedroom genius that she could never let go of in there too though, so there's that.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I haven't even used it because I would be to nerous to go on a date I think. But who knows maybe I should give it a try.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    you have nothing to lose. Have fun. Try it :)
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    A quick rundown of online dating

If you have the vaj and are even remotely aesthetically pleasing (say 5 and up/10), you get inundated with tons of emails. You pic the attractive pictures, delete the rest. Then check profiles to weed out the ones you reply to.

If you have the d, you send an email to every profile that has a remotely aesthetically pleasing pic hoping to make the cut, and rarely get a reply because the odds just aren't in your favor. However, if you are aesthetic (say 7 and up/10), you will get quite a few messages from 0-3 or so/10 thinking they have a shot.

Basically, as a female you can generally date 2-3 notches above your level (aesthetically speaking), whereas a male generally has to drop a couple notches below his level to have consistent results.

Call me shallow, but that is the reality as confirmed by personal experience as well as several others, male and female included.

This is very true in my experience. You have to know what you want, be cautious, and stay clear of ppl giving weird vibes.

I met my current boyfriend in February of this year on okcupid.com.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mishie62
    Mishie62 Posts: 2 Member
    Well I am on a 2 different dating sites for the last month or so.. so far.. just fishing..... no real hits....they say they are interested, I say Hi and then no reply at all.. HA! sounds like a Genesis song right?
    I asked my work husband what he thought about online dating... he said honestly? the men are looking to just get laid.. well isn't that just wonderful?

Shrug.. Maybe I need better pics.. I am 20 pounds shy of my goal.. so maybe that will be the winner winner chicken dinner??

PS watch out for the scammers and there are TONS of them.. look for grammatical spelling errors in the emails or notes.. or claims to be in the military (I am former US ARMY so thankfully I am experienced there) there are so many.. anyhow I am rambling now...

But all in all Good luck...
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    I am currently seeing a guy I met on OKCupid.com. We have been dating about a month now. He's a really good guy, who works a lot so we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together.
    I recommend just putting yourself on and keeping an eye on the hits you get anyway. Most of the guys who had messaged me were either looking to just score or just chat. Just be careful and use common sense about meeting people.
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    overall getting to know some1 online is more fluent & safe. i mean i met my ex online an we lasted 5yrs together :D , in great terms too, but yup goes to show their can be success in online dating :D , and well you have alot more variety online, people of different parts of the world,lifestyles, hobbies, goals etc. and making life renovating and exciting is always something to look forward too :D , just make friends , talk,flirt, tease etc. and if you click then well take gradual steps accordingly :D

I always say, enjoy life by living in the moment- the future is never for certain.

lol , send me an addy request id love to have you in my buddy list =D
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I watched a program last night showing how, in th UK, people are paid to use fake profiles to get desperate daters to pay to use sites. I hope the regulation is better in the US.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    meme-oswyn-dalek.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I watched a program last night showing how, in th UK, people are paid to use fake profiles to get desperate daters to pay to use sites. I hope the regulation is better in the US.

No regulations in the US, the internet is like a Mad Max world.
  • just cruise MFP you are bound to find a like minded person here who could turn out to be your soulmate.

Im not looking and I still get offers :laugh:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    My friend said she only has met crazy *****es on Oasis...I've never used a dating site but people find love everywhere.

Good luck with finding a boyfriend :smile:
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    I met my husband playing an online game, Second Life. We talked and long distance dated for a year and a half and then we met in person. It took us so long to meet because we lived on opposite sides of the Atlantic. After meeting we were married within 6 months. Three years and some months later we're still married, we just found out we're finally pregnant and I'll be getting a new citizenship at the end of the year! =)
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    No luck with dating, jeeeez the guys must be crazy around your way. In the UK i tried PlentyOfFish.com, found a couple but yeah nothing came of it. There are weirdos everywhere you turn so watch out for them.
  • I never visited a dating side but I guess some people do it.
    I dated on line before and was quite nice but distance is not a good thing in the end.