Thread for people that DON'T watch The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Because I'm a toddler apparently and too many people have told me to, so I wont!

This is me

You're only cheating yourself. It's like some people I know that refuse to watch Star Wars (original movie) because it's cool (in their mind) that they are one of the few people that haven't seen it.

I get it but with TV shows and movies, it's a good story, worth watching if you have the time and like good stories. Why cheat yourself out of that?

I will dig my eyes out with spoons before I watch Star Wars also.
    I just cant

And that's gonna get me a lot of hate I bet haha

Just curious but why so adamant against it?

I don't like to try new things. And when something is talked about all of the time I get annoyed and even less likely to try/watch them.
    I'm just crazy. I have nothing against these things other than I feel like it's everywhere and it bothers me.

Wow. That sounds really bitchy and I kinda feel bad now haha

You should of just said you like Nickelback that would of explained everything to me. ;)
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a toddler apparently and too many people have told me to, so I wont!

This is me

You're only cheating yourself. It's like some people I know that refuse to watch Star Wars (original movie) because it's cool (in their mind) that they are one of the few people that haven't seen it.

I get it but with TV shows and movies, it's a good story, worth watching if you have the time and like good stories. Why cheat yourself out of that?

I will dig my eyes out with spoons before I watch Star Wars also.
    I just cant

And that's gonna get me a lot of hate I bet haha

Just curious but why so adamant against it?

I don't like to try new things. And when something is talked about all of the time I get annoyed and even less likely to try/watch them.
    I'm just crazy. I have nothing against these things other than I feel like it's everywhere and it bothers me.

Wow. That sounds really bitchy and I kinda feel bad now haha

You should of just said you like Nickelback that would of explained everything to me. ;)

Haha I know, I know
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    the show alright I've seen up to the end of season 5. i just couldn't be bother any more by trying to watch the whole season just to catch up. so i stopped. one day i might pick it up again.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it. I don't watch much tv and I guess it just didn't spark my interest. I might like it if I tried it.
    I think the last series show I watched was Stranger Things because my dh wanted to watch it together. It was better than I expected.
    I think I have a hesitation about starting to watch series shows because I don't want to get caught up in things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't watch it...I have some friends that do and they're always trying to convince me, but it has no appeal to me. Not to mention, we cut the cord because we watch so little t.v. that it wasn't worth paying for satellite or cable anymore.
  • cee134
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I've never watched it. I don't watch much tv and I guess it just didn't spark my interest. I might like it if I tried it.
    I think the last series show I watched was Stranger Things because my dh wanted to watch it together. It was better than I expected.
    I think I have a hesitation about starting to watch series shows because I don't want to get caught up in things.

The 2nd season of Stranger Things is about to come out October 27th.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    Eh, it's like with everything. When it's "not cool" no one likes it, it gains traction EVERYONE likes it, until it's "too cool" then it's not cool to like it.

Just like greenday

I wonder if Nickelback is hated enough to come back around to cool yet. It happened with Comic Sans it can happen with anything!

I like Nickelback :(

See it's happening!

You've opened my eyes. I can only like things if everyone else hates them.

OMG that explains kfed!!!
    I am ashamed
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    Who wooed me?! Rude!
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    :|
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    you're only cool if you DONT watch The Walking Dead
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I can't be the only one?

Never watched a single episode. Actually have only seen a few clips ever.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I can't be the only one?

Never watched a single episode. Actually have only seen a few clips ever.

I don't think I've ever even seen any clips of it!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I just cycle through Hannibal DVDs. Manhunter, Silence, Hannibal the movie, Red Dragon, Hannibal Rising, and all the seasons of the tv show. Sometimes I sprinkle in another random movie. Not having cable or internet is actually pretty great. I'll never not go for a jog because I'm caught in a marathon or something.

But no, no Walking Dead. Ever.
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I watched it until the governor came along like what happened. Every season is the same the get to a new place and people are crazy and they kill some zombies I'm a huge zombie and horror fan so I had high hopes for this show and they ruined it. Oh well. There's tons of good shows out there and GAMES OF THRONES is NOT one of them
  • cee134
    Options
    Who wooed me?! Rude!

Woo can be good or bad. It's really hard to tell and makes no sense to have as a reaction button, IMO.
  • cee134
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I watched it until the governor came along like what happened. Every season is the same the get to a new place and people are crazy and they kill some zombies I'm a huge zombie and horror fan so I had high hopes for this show and they ruined it. Oh well. There's tons of good shows out there and GAMES OF THRONES is NOT one of them

I need to know what some of your favorite shows are. Please?!?
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    Who wooed me?! Rude!

Woo can be good or bad. It's really hard to tell and makes no sense to have as a reaction button, IMO.

I agree. I see more people saying it's a negative thing than positive though. I wasnt genuinely upset haha
  • cee134
    Options
    Who wooed me?! Rude!

I agree. I see more people saying it's a negative thing than positive though. I wasnt genuinely upset haha

Yeah, I'm worried that if I go into the wrong thread and people check my profile out, they are going to judge me based on my Woos as a bad thing and not as a ironic funny thing.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Who wooed me?! Rude!

Yeah, I'm worried that if I go into the wrong thread and people check my profile out, they are going to judge me based on my Woos as a bad thing and not as a ironic funny thing.

People can see how many reactions you have?
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I need to know what some of your favorite shows are. Please?!?

Wentworth (its a women's prison show, like if you took orange is the new black and made it really good)

I really love Netflix originals they're killing it right now.

"GLOW (its a show based in the late 70s early 80s I believe about a director who wants to have an all women wrestling show its awesome)
    *Mindhunter(based in the 70s after Charles Manson, its about an FBI agent who is a hostage negotiator teacher who gets interested in seriel killers and the way their minds work and starts interviewing and researching them. Its amazing)
    *Friday Night Lights(I have a weakness for sports shows and movies which is funny because I don't like sports)
    *The Office
    *Sliders
    *Atypical(about a teen with autism trying to find love its adorable and funny)

Those are all on Netflix except sliders they sadly took that off.