Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    Good Monday morning all!

12 days alcohol free!

Super, super proud of myself! Went the party Saturday night. Had one mini Coke and Lime LaCroix the rest of the night. :) Y'all. I can't tell you what a huge deal this is for me. I'm probably a borderline functioning alcoholic, so a social situation without any alcohol is just....unheard of for me! I was also able to control my eating, which was much easier sober. They had an Asian/Mexican fusion food truck and I split one chicken and one pork taco, along with a basket of sesame fries with my hubby.

Hope you all had wonderful weekends and have a good Monday!

This is amazing! I am very inspired by you!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    11/1-2 oz rye whiskey
    11/2-15 oz Pinot Noir
    11/3- nothing
    11/4- too much wine
    11/5-nothing
    11/6-nothing
    11/7- nothing
    11/8- 5 oz Chardonay and 2oz rye whiskey
    11/9-5 oz Pinot Noir
    11/10-15 oz Chardonnay
    11/11-5oz Malbec
    11/12-15 oz Chardonnay

I did meh, ok, this weekend. Saturday was good but only because I had my half marathon on Sunday. I am managing to stay under me goal of no more than 3 drinks per day and only went over by one on my weekly allowance of 7 drinks (Sunday-Saturday). I am already in for 3 drinks this week, but I am still hoping to do better overall this week. Another big kudos to those of you that continue to kill it! I am feeling inspired!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Today, had a small glass of rum 2 oz. maybe. Wanted more but resisted. Been making hot tea as a substitute. Not the same feeling but i want to give my liver a well needed rest. I think when I drink my face gets puffy. Want to just cleanse this body. Thanks for all your inspiration. Keeps me centered. Xo
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    Good Monday morning all!

12 days alcohol free!

Super, super proud of myself! Went the party Saturday night. Had one mini Coke and Lime LaCroix the rest of the night. :) Y'all. I can't tell you what a huge deal this is for me. I'm probably a borderline functioning alcoholic, so a social situation without any alcohol is just....unheard of for me! I was also able to control my eating, which was much easier sober. They had an Asian/Mexican fusion food truck and I split one chicken and one pork taco, along with a basket of sesame fries with my hubby.

Hope you all had wonderful weekends and have a good Monday!

Wow!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Still have not made my first no alcohol day.... maybe today.

For me this is not about NO alcohol. It is just about less. So don't beat yourself up. We give it a try day by day. I am down to about half the consumption rate as in previous months but there are some days - er, like Sunday - when my husband and I have some bubbly and then some wine. But that has only happened once in the last 2.5 weeks. For me it is just about 'less'.
    :)
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Monday was a good start for me. Only ginger tea. :)
  • naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I’m 10 days in and no booze, feels really good. 2 cigs in 14 days, need to keep trying with that one but not back considering I was having everyday “just that one” which turned in to 3 or 4 with a drink. Well done everyone
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Still have not made my first no alcohol day.... maybe today.

For me this is not about NO alcohol. It is just about less. So don't beat yourself up. We give it a try day by day. I am down to about half the consumption rate as in previous months but there are some days - er, like Sunday - when my husband and I have some bubbly and then some wine. But that has only happened once in the last 2.5 weeks. For me it is just about 'less'.
    :)

Agree. Don't beat yourself up and set some realistic goals. I don't know how much you drink but just scale back if you can.

For me, too, it is about "less." I just happen to be 13 days without so far. My goal is to get to Thanksgiving.

I just need to put some space between me and wine. It isn't all booze I have problems with. I can have one or two beers here and there. But wine is my kryptonite. I can't just have one. And I love it so. My long-term goal is to be able to only have 1-3 glasses on Saturdays and Sundays and for special occasions. But for now, I think it is best for me to just abstain altogether.

My daily drinking was making me fat, bloated and brain foggy. Not to mention my check liver light was probably on! Ain't gonna lie, I'm 44 and getting vain in my middle age and don't want to look older or worse than I have to and the wine was not doing me any favors!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It finally happened - I fell asleep with a glass of wine in my hand. Red wine. Fortunately, the glass didn't break but the wine made a helluva mess. Clearly, I'm exhausted at night and don't need any more help relaxing!

(Do I get any points for not actually drinking the wine? ;) )
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ljockimo wrote: »
    It finally happened - I fell asleep with a glass of wine in my hand. Red wine. Fortunately, the glass didn't break but the wine made a helluva mess. Clearly, I'm exhausted at night and don't need any more help relaxing!

(Do I get any points for not actually drinking the wine? ;) )

Totally! :D

I did that once, with white, thankfully. My sofa reeked!
  • Rooski4622
    Rooski4622 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Rooski4622
    Rooski4622 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please all that are in the Challenge, please send me a friend request! Would love to start doing the challenge with you, and carrying it into December! Look forward to meeting you all, reducing the booze, and dropping the body fat %.
  • ashnamba
    ashnamba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has been one of my biggest struggles with weight loss. I really love wine and beer! it is my stress-relief after work and when baby goes to bed. When I first started my weight-loss journey 3 weeks ago I didn't drink for 8 days and felt great, then my birthday came and I indulged and have been a few times a week BUT I've been just drinking a vodka and water with lemon.. definitely not as tasty as some red wine or a good beer!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    IN! I challenged myself to stay sober all November and have made it all 14 days. Random cravings but I've overcome though.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    On a two day streak - yay!
    Wow - we all made it to the middle of the month!!!!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was crazy busy from 5 am til almost 10 pm, but I chose to spend my last hour awake enjoying 2 small glasses of good wine while watching a relaxing BBC documentary. One of my wee weasels fell asleep in my arms, another on the couch next to us.

Big win for me because I chose the quality of the wine, the measured, restrained size of the pour, and to go to bed on time, rather than "needing" a glass of wine because I'm so stressed out. Thanks to this thread & challenge for encouraging me to value my wind-down more!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Meal and show out with a girlfriend last night. The pre-show meal deal included one small glass of white wine. Which I really enjoyed... but I limited myself to that and am proud of it. Hubby cooking tonight so might have a problem as he tries to pour the stuff down both of us...
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'll make a promise I will not drink until Dec 1st when I go to an annual convention I attend every year. Also then I will consume limited amounts and continue no alcohol through the week.