Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Replies

• carlysue32
    carlysue32 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm so in! I definitely need to cut down on the wine intake during the week, both for the empty calories and to just use my free time in a more productive manner. I just rejoined MFP yesterday. I have an old account that I used to be really active on but it's been months and months and I've been actively gaining weight for quite some time
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    I need to try this...
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Love all the motivation in these threads!!
    No wine tonight... no wine tonight... no wine tonight.
    :)

• JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    I was joking with a friend that I need to buy stock in tea companies, because that is my go-to instead of wine now! :D
  • cmrose23
    cmrose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Day 2 successfully finished with no alcohol, although my evening turned into poop, I’m going sans alcohol!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Day 2 - alcohol free tonight as well. Had a lot of hot tea. Went to pour a glass of wine but bottle wasn't open and I thought that was a good thing. Kept busy otherwise. Feeling pretty good today:)
  • AmandaPoole2
    AmandaPoole2 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm definitely doing better even with the stress of being away from my home in Puerto Rico for over a month. Today I poured a glass of wine and decided to make myself go for a quick run before drinking it. Self control...it was tough. Good luck everyone.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    I went over today. I had about three and a half glasses. Two at work, and then I found out that my recently evicted tenants tore up my rental house, and I kept sipping wine as I talked to my property manager. :neutral:
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Yea! Talked myself into a cup of tea instead of wine last night. Would have slept well if my doggo wasn't so excited by the full moon lol
  • sabal20
    sabal20 Posts: 39 Member
    4 beers and a tequila last night. Justified it by saying it was for the departed / all souls day. Going out and not drinking is much harder than staying in... go figure...
  • mmccool719
    mmccool719 Posts: 28 Member
    2 glasses cab last night. But I exercised 30 minutes and hydrated well all day. Down 1/2 pound today. Goal is to stay sober this weekend since I indulged last night. It’s comforting to see there are other women out there in my situation. Thank you.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    11/1-2 oz rye whiskey
    11/2-15 oz Pinot Noir

I didn't fare so well last night. My husband was drinking cocktails when I returned from my run. I knew I should not have opened that bottle of wine, but I really wanted a glass with my pork chops. Ended up having 3. Oh well, today is another day.

My goal for today is to have one glass of wine with dinner. I am making salmon chowder and flat bread pizzas with fig and goat cheese, so a glass of chardonnay is definitely in order. I am pretty sure I will be able to stick with that because I am meeting my running group for a long run early in the morning. However, tomorrow evening our running group is doing a pub crawl. Gonna try my best with that one...