Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I will use half of the wine and fill the rest of the glass up with seltzer water. It’s not my favorite, but it really helps me to keep it slow.

I’ll also use my wine glass for water, between, or after, drinks. I obviously love drinking from it so much more than my water glass lol.

I never do shots.

I sometimes sip an oz of dry sherry. It’s satisfying and so sweet that I just sip it slowly.
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am in! I have started going through bottles of prosecco, ciders, vodka on weekends in at home which I want to stop, I've never been a big drinker but when im at my O/H's he wants a drink.

I have one event on the 4th November where i expect to do some light drinking but that should be it!

I think I will check in weekly with updates :)
  • sdogg626
    sdogg626 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So in! I woke up thinking of trying no alcohol November so I sought out this board. I want to do it for a number of reasons but mainly to see how it is REALLY affecting my health and fitness goals. I live in a state of denial and self indulgence. I drew a line on my favorite wine glass (5 oz) to learn proper portions. Well, if no one is there to see (care) if I pour past the line, then did it really even happen?! Lol. Or if there is ice in the glass, well then I pour more cuz ice takes up space! :D

Also, I have made it to 36 without being a drunk eater. Now, I crave fried foods, ranch and grilled cheese sandwiches when drinking, this leads to ending my day WAY over my calorie budget!

Drinking also interferes with my workouts. I try to commit myself to 3 times at the gym per week (at least). During the weekdays, I can mostly handle this. I have always wanted to be someone who starts their weekend/Saturday with a workout. My gym has a class on Saturday morning at 10:30 (so not too early) that I LOVE and have literally only made it to 3 times in a year.

Eventually, I aim to have a couple glasses of wine or a couple beers from time to time but I think if I completely abstain for 1 month, it will be a good reality check!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    @Sunnybrooke99 Halloween party last night at my house. I'm the same as you- after the second glass, what's one more? Hopefully today will have an alcohol free day!
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm in. I really need to reduce, as this is how I have sabotaged my weight loss.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I am so in for this! I've been drinking way too much lately. I need to get back on track with limiting myself. I don't plan to drink until thanksgiving. Even then I need to have some sort of limit.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! Plan on having a glass of wine (and maybe one of champagne, lets be honest) at a friend's wedding over Veteran's Day weekend, and another glass or two for Thanksgiving, but I'm going to hold myself to that. I have clothes I want to feel good in at both of those functions :lol:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No thanks.
  • ekfulton
    ekfulton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • cmrose23
    cmrose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m on board! I tried to limit on October and did amazing! We went on vacation however, for a week and had a few. Other than that I did amazing. I’m hoping that’s what contributed to me losing 5 lbs! So, I’d like to not drink AT ALL this month! Day one ✅!
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo here for this! I have two RL friends who are doing this, too, so hopefully the accountability keeps me on track.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    not such a success yesterday - went out with a friend's family and planned just a single drink. They were having cocktails so I thought I'd have that as my drink and water after, but then there was a wine announcement, so I ended up having a couple of glasses of wine as well.

We didn't finish the bottle, which was a really weird feeling for me, walking away from it, as it felt wasteful but at the same time, I didn't actually NEED any more.

At least you didn’t finish the bottle. :smile: wasting it, or turning down free wine, is hard.