Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ahh how the weekend went down the drain! Friday was 4 Gins, Saturday 2 Gins, 3 ciders and a glass of wine! no drinking this week o:)
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    1/2 bottle of wine with a curry yesterday but refused a comp. g and t beforehand and port afterwards... so not proud of myself but at least I said no to the extras...
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    5 days down here.
    Proud I made it through the weekend! Even had a friend over for dinner who shared a bottle of red with my hubby, but still didn't cave! Also turned down another friend's invitation to join her and some other friends for wine on her porch. Not ready for even trying on the weekends yet, or being in social situations. I tend to have an addictive personality and am not sure yet if I can just do one or two glasses every now and then or just on the weekends yet.
    Will see how a party next Saturday goes, but am trying to make it to Thanksgiving. Or beyond, even.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I drank this weekend. Getting back to not drinking this week. I'm gonna try to not have anything until thanksgiving. I keep going in reverse (weight wise).
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    11/1-2 oz rye whiskey
    11/2-15 oz Pinot Noir
    11/3- nothing
    11/4- too much wine
    11/5-nothing

There was good and bad this weekend. The good: Friday night I made a yummy dinner with which I normally would have had at least a half bottle of wine, but I resisted the wine. Saturday afternoon my husband and I went out for lunch and I drank water instead of wine. Sunday I did not drink (of course, that may have had something to do with Saturday evening). The bad: two words-pub crawl. Saturday night was our running group's pub crawl. We went to 5 different bars and I had a glass of wine at each place (two glasses at one of them). That pretty much put me off the mark for my goal last week. This week I got it though!

Congrats to all of those who are killing it. And still a big kudos to those who maybe haven't done as well as we hoped, but at least have not given up!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2-3 glasses of wine per evening and always had some on hand. When I started dieting it just didn't fit in any longer so quit buying it and quit drinking daily. I seem to do OK as long as it isn't in the house. My problem is when I get around others who are drinking like a party, I "have" to have a drink, then 2 or 3 and my day is shot. Right now I have tequila in the house that my daughter brought back from Mexico and seem to be fine with one drink per night (0 calorie lime juice, sparkling lime drink, salt).
  • jjjs5
    jjjs5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just seeing this!!! I'm in! Def drank way too much last Friday and last night. Only plan to drink on Thanksgiving and my friends bday. Need to get these daily calories down!!!
  • jenstackhousemoore
    Options
    I am late to the party but am all in. I am trying for a no alcohol November...and have not had a drink yet. Alcohol is a huge problem in my weight loss bc pretty much every time I drink I make a bad choice...either drink too much or eat pizza/candy/crap after drinking. Wine is my nemesis!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No alcohol break for me. Period end of story.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Girls weekend is over, and I did awful. Was the bartender and made rummers for my friends. I had a few every night and wine, too. Yes, then I ate potato chips. Sunday and today- no alcohol. I tried a water fast to rest my body ; just finished 24 hours of water only. Felt pretty good. I wont do a fast often, but just wanted to give my organs time to heal. Good luck this week everyone! Xoxo
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    No alcohol, lots of good exercise. Take that Monday!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Westschmies - no alcohol and lots of exercise! Take that MOnday.
    Now just have to make it through the rest of the week!

No alcohol till Friday - here we go.
  • Moonraker68
    Moonraker68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow it's 7th of November and I can't believe I haven't had a drink. Usually when I do these things I've cracked by now - but saying that I haven't been out on an evening this week. I'm off on a "girl's booze cruise" on 24th so I know it's going out of the window then. Very pleased that the weight has literally dropped off this week.
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am in for sure. I have wine everyday and this month I want to cut back to only on weekends. Lets do this!!!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wine the past few nights - in part while out to dinner celebrating my daughter's birthday. Overdue for a night off, especially since I have a *surprise* 5K practice with her this afternoon ("that's today???") and the kids have practice until 9 pm. Good night to get to bed early.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Another good day without aslcohol!!