Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Replies

• ali3boys
    ali3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Well... Saturday Didn't go exactly as I had planned; plans came up that was unexpected. So i volunteered to be DD which helped me when I was out; however when I came home some friends stopped by, again unexpected and we had some wine. Still tried to cut back, but still was more then I was planning. Today is football Sunday; and friends usually stop in. Good luck to you all on your goals !!! Any cut back is better then none :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I quit completely years ago. Much easier in every way than trying to drink "sometimes, but only a couple."
  • bbetebenner
    bbetebenner Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in!
  • jmischel90
    jmischel90 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm so in! Started a new job in a new state and happy hours to make friends is not helping me be healthy.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    ali3boys wrote: »
    So last night went okay; I made my "mini" goal weight today; but I can do better. So far I just been cautious of how much I'm drinking; but tonight I'm going to try and visualize before I even start what exactly I'm going to have and stick to it !!! any other ideas ?!? I think keeping my goal weight over the weekend will help. Hopefully... Lol

Day by day! My husband and I both love wine so we agree before hand - okay, only one bottle between us. that makes 375mls each. Also we use specific wine glasses and know the volume of each. When the bottle is done, it is done. Maybe you can figure something similar out?
    Goo luck, K
  • KareninLux
    I did awesome last night. Only one vodka and water. Tonight I bought a beautiful wine and shared with my dinner guests. I only had about 2
    5oz glasses. Getting better.

Great!!!
  • KareninLux
    The only control that counts in life is self control. Don't want to admit that I cannot exercise self control of alcohol along with the rest of a healthy diet.
    A day without wine is like a day without sunshine, which makes Wisconsin in November even more gloomy! LOL

Oh, la. you his the nail o the head with your second sentence.That is why I am here - to prove to my self that I can control this! And you can too!
  • KareninLux
    Okay! Monday is here. Back on track. I enjoyed some wine Fri, Sat and Sun as I had planned and now no wine until Friday.
    Anyone else joining me?
    :smiley:
  • Cassieabc
    Cassieabc Posts: 75 Member
    I'm in! Been thinking of doing alcohol free November all weekend. Like another poster it's not the wine but what I eat along with/after it!!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Absolutely in on this one! Working retail (especially before the Holidays and dreaded Black Friday) it is so easy to use a hard day as an excuse to have a couple cocktails after work to ease the stress. It's definitely time to slow it down a bit and start fresh. Good luck everyone!
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    OK I'm in for this one. I tried one of the earlier "challenges" and failed pretty much the day after I started! My own rules are no alcohol on work nights, and trying to stick to only one or two nights per month (Nov. 11 I already have a planned party) so we'll see how that goes!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Blew it over the weekend. Got together with friends and had a little too much. It's Monday. a clean slate to start all over. Lets see how good we can all be this week. Nothing til Friday!!!!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    dmarsh1018 wrote: »
    OK I'm in for this one. I tried one of the earlier "challenges" and failed pretty much the day after I started! My own rules are no alcohol on work nights, and trying to stick to only one or two nights per month (Nov. 11 I already have a planned party) so we'll see how that goes!

I'm taking a note from your rule book. The challenge begins today for me!