Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Moonraker68
    Moonraker68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Went on a cruise for 3 nights! Drank like a fish. Back in the game now, no booze for 2 nights. Anyone want to try controlling themselves for first 3 weeks of December too?
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I drank too much on monday but most of it was at home.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Had four days of no alcohol - felt great. Last night had a huge glass of wine and got a headache. I think my body is way too sensitive for alcohol. This Friday will be tough; I'm going out with friends and they love to party . Feeling worried.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    Still no drinky drinky.......even after a day or two I'd normal would have.

Now I set the date I'm going to drink since I'll be at a weekend event but I'm at lost for taste for something to drink. However, I want a buzz then lol.

I havent drank since September but for NEw years eve I may have a few
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Getting closer to Friday and it'll be 3 weeks since I had a drink. Maybe it'll take less =)
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    No alcohol today, feeling good and well motivated
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I can't say I haven't been looking forward to a drink tomorrow but not as much as I thought I would. I don't really want it as much but I will drink to take the edge off and to relax among friends after working hard.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been missing from the thread...got the flu and life got a little out of control this month with trying to make up a LOT of work...here's my catch up post...overall did pretty good - had a couple of over 2 drink days, but also had some no drink days... All in all, not too bad for the month, I guess. Knowing I had to be accountable helped to keep me in check! Thanks for the challenge!
    6 Nov: No drinks, just a shot of Liquid Nyquill
    7 Nov: 1 drink
    8 Nov: 1 drink
    9 Nov: 1 drink
    10 Nov: 1 drink
    11 Nov: 3 drinks / missing my race due to being sick with flu + Veteran's Day...
    12 Nov: 1 drink
    13 Nov: No drinks, not even Nyquil (fever finally broke, though still sick)
    14 Nov: 1 drink, plus one hit of Nyquil
    15 Nov: 1 drink, plus one hit of Nyquil
    16 Nov: 2 drinks
    17 Nov: 2 drinks
    18 Nov: 1 drink
    19 Nov: 1 drink at Painting with a Twist
    20 Nov: No drinks
    21 Nov: No drinks
    22 Nov: No drinks
    23 Nov: 2 drinks, Happy Thanksgiving
    24 Nov: No drinks
    25 Nov: No drinks
    26 Nov: 2.5 drinks
    27 Nov: 1.25 drinks (small bottle of wine = ~6.5 oz)
    28 Nov: 2 drinks
    29 Nov: .5 drinks (1/2 glass of wine)
    30 Nov: 1.25 drinks (probably)
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    No alcohol, feeling Great!
    Is there a new thread for December??
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Friends - I just posted a thread called "Less alcohol - December 2017- one day at a time " on the Challenges link. Hope we can find each other again--and make our December one with less alcohol xo
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I just finished November on a high note of no alcohol last night and limited amount the other nights this week. Tonight I have a surprise b-day party to go to, so my goal is to keep it under control. If I am able to log everything I eat and drink when I get home, then that is a victory for me. Thanks @JulieAL1969 for starting the December thread. I will see you there!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Wrap up post for this challenge. Thank you every body for sharing your thoughts, feelings, motivations, frustrations, and !!! successes. For my part I achieved what I set out to do. Drink less. Probably close to half what I did the month prior.

I would encourage someone else to start the next challenge - keeps us all accountable.
    :)
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm still determined to start this again.... been really hard.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @IronDogJourney Hi, You can find our current thread under Challenges - look for Less alcohol- December 2017- one day at a time. We'll keep each other motivated.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Here's the direct link to the new/ December thread: (clickety here)

Less Alcohol December 2017 One Day at a Time