What Has Been Your Worst Binge Since Joining MFP ?

Options
13»

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have been an emotional binge eater for a long time. It's not even that I want the food, but I actually cannot stop myself from eating sometimes. I just get the idea in my head and it's done. I haven't had a binge in about 2 months and before that it was about 3 months. I am able to go about 2 or 3 months, and then they just happen. I struggle with dealing with certain emotions. I was in a very toxic and abusive relationship, which is actually when I started with the eating. I also have a very perfectionist mindset: I want to do something perfectly, or not at all.

Since I've started losing weight, here's some of my biggest binges

Episode 1 - McDonalds. This was after a day where I was feeling super lonely, like I didn't fit in and was completely on my own in the world.
    2 x Junior Chickens
    2 x McDoubles
    2 x Large Fries
    1 x 10 pack of chicken nuggets
    1 x quarter pounder with cheese
    1 x smartie mcflurry

Episode 2 - Pizza. This was after I failed running the 3KM distance I set out for myself.
    2 x Hot & Ready Pizzas from Little Caesars with 2 containers of the garlic dip
    2 x Crazy Bread from Little Caesars

Episode 3 - Subway
    3 x footlong BMT subs - with all the extras like cheese and mayo

Episode 4 - Great Canadian Bagel
    6 x Sourdough bagels with veggie cream cheese - ate this for breakfast and then went back to bed for the day

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Short term was eating a couple boxes of Kessler fudge sticks in as many days. Long term was from a fee days before Christmas till New Year, when I ate everything.
  • Tinkachu
    Tinkachu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually just made a thread because I ate an entire box of french toast crunch while watching a gaming livestream. xD Yummy!
  • Tinkachu
    Tinkachu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I've struggled with Binge Eating Disorder (BED) ever since a traumatic experience that happened 13 years ago. I just recently broke a 75-day streak of not-binging but had one yesterday. I still feel good about my progress though because it used to happen VERY often and sometimes for several days in a row. Now it's a rare thing, and they're not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Binge eating disorder here too. I previously did really well using MFP and moderating my food but over the last year my mental health spiralled drastically and the binges increased again. Started back on here January 1st and did great that first day but got up in the night and ate an entire block of cheese before realising what I was doing. It could have been way worse though.

Am currently working through a course of emotional coping skills therapy, to learn other ways of coping rather than the unhealthy mechanisms I have gotten used to and I think it will be really helpful. Overcoming the emotional eating and is undoubtedly my biggest hurdle to overcome for weightloss. But I am positive :smile:

I used to struggle a lot with binge eating, the only thing that has worked for me was taking appetite suppressants. Today was my first binge in a long time and I never felt out of control like I used to. I just really enjoyed the cereal and the livestream distracted me. I take appetite attack by Her Diet if you're curious. I hope you get it figured out, eating for emotional reasons can be tricky to overcome, I did it regularly for years until recently.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Tinkachu wrote: »
    I used to struggle a lot with binge eating, the only thing that has worked for me was taking appetite suppressants. Today was my first binge in a long time and I never felt out of control like I used to. I just really enjoyed the cereal and the livestream distracted me. I take appetite attack by Her Diet if you're curious. I hope you get it figured out, eating for emotional reasons can be tricky to overcome, I did it regularly for years until recently.

I have been drawn to the idea of appetite suppressants many times, but ultimately I feel I will only get past my binging problems by working through the reasons I do it, namely as a way of managing my emotions and also just habit. I need to replace this with better mechanisms. Taking something to suppress my appetite I imagine would only work short term for me and not deal with the underlying reasons, so I would probably relapse or perhaps end up feeling reliant on taking something.

I am glad you found something that worked for you though and happy to hear you're free of feeling out of control when binging as that is just the worst. Enjoying food guilt free is so important :smile: