I gained 12 pounds???? Help!!

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sarellynn wrote: »
    AlexKerr12 wrote: »
    This may sound stupid but are you weighing yourself at the start of the day? before any food/liquid intake? and are you weighing yourself with the same items of clothes on (or naked)? I can pick up a few pounds during but by the next day I am back to what I was the previous morning.

I wore my shoes this time and did it at about 4:15pm . Does it make that big of a difference?

Yes. Yes it does.
  • jbaghdadi01
    jbaghdadi01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It might be water weight. Not fat. Thats my best guess.
  • Sarellynn
    Sarellynn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    12lbs in a week sounds very odd! What was your diet like this past week? How much did you eat? Are your scales possibly broken?

I used a scale at my moms house. It works as far as I know.. :/ I know I didn't eat amazingly but I stayed within my calorie limits (always under the goal, avg of around 1300 calories) and even started drinking water daily. I used to never drink anything really (I was and still am highly dehydrated) and just started so I assumed itd flush extra weight off?

You're still dehydrated, that's why

But why would that make me gain weight?? Am I drinking too much water?

No, your body is retaining water because you're still not drinking enough.

But I feel like Ive been drinking a ton ): I already had 20 oz today

You said yourself you're still dehydrated...

Yes but I feel like Im doing better. I dont see why id be gaining weight

Because you're still dehydrated...

That doesnt explain why im gaining weight

It already has been explained.

You were very dehydrated, this is not how the body wants to be, the body needs water.
    You weighed in as a dehydrated weight.
    You have taken on drinking more water, the body is now taking in this water because you didn't have enough in the first place, like pouring water on a dried up sponge. You can ring some of the water out of that sponge (Like going pee) but the sponge is still going to hold on to some of that water. Just like your body, your weight will be what it is once you are finally hydrated to where you should be. But again, its not fat, its water, you need it, stop putting so much emphasis on the scale..

Think of it this way..

Lets say i am very dehydrated and i weigh in at 150 pounds.

I lose 15 pounds and am now 135, but i find out i am super dehydrated so i start drinking more water now.
    I go up 12 pounds. So now i am 147.

I didn't gain fat and since my starting weight of 150 was a dehydrated weight, My starting weight if i was properly hydrated at the time, probably was 162 not 150. So all the hard work i put in is still there its just reflected with different numbers because i wasn't hydrating myself up until now. The scale is just information, its not a reflection of your work and who you are, you need to take measurements for that and go by how your clothes fit and how you feel because the scale is going to go up and down chronically from fluid retention from various reasons.

So Im actually like 250 pounds? D: But if I lost weight, would it get replaced with water? Or. I dont understand