I gained 12 pounds???? Help!!

Options
I used to eat way more than I have this week and I weighed myself just now and it says I weigh 12 pounds more than I was last week??! I just started drinking water daily and assumed it would help me lose weight, but I am gaining weight even though Im eating less?? Help????

Replies

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    12lbs in a week sounds very odd! What was your diet like this past week? How much did you eat? Are your scales possibly broken?
  • Sarellynn
    Sarellynn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    12lbs in a week sounds very odd! What was your diet like this past week? How much did you eat? Are your scales possibly broken?

I used a scale at my moms house. It works as far as I know.. :/ I know I didn't eat amazingly but I stayed within my calorie limits (always under the goal, avg of around 1300 calories) and even started drinking water daily. I used to never drink anything really (I was and still am highly dehydrated) and just started so I assumed itd flush extra weight off?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sarellynn wrote: »

I used a scale at my moms house. It works as far as I know.. :/ I know I didn't eat amazingly but I stayed within my calorie limits (always under the goal, avg of around 1300 calories) and even started drinking water daily. I used to never drink anything really (I was and still am highly dehydrated) and just started so I assumed itd flush extra weight off?

You're still dehydrated, that's why
  • Sarellynn
    Options

But why would that make me gain weight?? Am I drinking too much water?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No, your body is retaining water because you're still not drinking enough.

But I feel like Ive been drinking a ton ): I already had 20 oz today

You said yourself you're still dehydrated...
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It will take a while for your fluid levels to return to normal and you might be near your time of the month. Aside from the scale how do you feel? Do you feel bloated or bigger?
  • Sarellynn
    Options

You said yourself you're still dehydrated...

Yes but I feel like Im doing better. I dont see why id be gaining weight
  • flabby2fit2018
    flabby2fit2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This may sound stupid but are you weighing yourself at the start of the day? before any food/liquid intake? and are you weighing yourself with the same items of clothes on (or naked)? I can pick up a few pounds during but by the next day I am back to what I was the previous morning.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

In your other thread, I said that yes, this was a side effect of finally starting to drink more. It'll even out eventually, but not overnight -- and likely, more than a month. Your body doesn't think it's going to keep getting more, so it's going to retain as much as it can.
  • Sarellynn
    Options
    AlexKerr12 wrote: »
    This may sound stupid but are you weighing yourself at the start of the day? before any food/liquid intake? and are you weighing yourself with the same items of clothes on (or naked)? I can pick up a few pounds during but by the next day I am back to what I was the previous morning.

I wore my shoes this time and did it at about 4:15pm . Does it make that big of a difference?