Options
124»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    fiona4879 wrote: »
    Sorry I’m new to posting. I sympathize regarding a hangover from only a couple of drinks. It is definitely getting worse as I get older (I’m 46). The thing that makes a major difference is what I drink. Expensive and organic wines are absolutely fine. No hangover. Cheap wine is a sure recipe for a sore head. Drinking water during the night helps.

The OP is 26!! Big difference. That hangovers are getting "worse" at that age, seems odd to me.

Seems odd to me, too. But IME young people are very imaginative.

OTOH, if I were OP, I'd be scanning the family tree for a history of worrisome liver, kidney, digestive-system, neurological and endocrine problems, especially early-ish ones, and - if I found them - thinking hard about lifestyle choices one can make at age 26. Maybe looking for some different sources of fun, and different loci for friendship.

I say that as a 61 y/o who enjoys a bit of social drinking . . . but who has pretty cast iron genetics.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel since I have the same problem. If I take my drinking night outs out of my life, I end up with pretty boring and pointless life honestly. I also feel like all the diet and exercise that I’ve been doing whole week deserves a celebration.

The bigger problem is what I eat when I hangover as you’ve stated. I recently realized most of the hunger and urge for heartly meal when hangover is caused by dehydration. Now when I wake up with daydreaming of a burger, i chug one litre of water and try to eat something quickly. That kills the urge.

To kill the guilt of drinking, I also force myself to treadmill in the evening even if it’s for half an hour. And next day get back into the diet and the exercise routine. Hope this will help you as much as it does to me.

Cheers.

Whoah. You might wanna try some counselling. That is a pretty disturbing view you have there.

Damn, dude.

Ditto on PP's comment. Also consider setting up fitness goals to work toward, so that you don't feel like your life and lifestyle changes are meaningless. We creates the meaning in our own lives.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont get hangovers.

i get plenty drunk, but no hangovers.

ditto for my fiance lol

i think youre drunking wrong. i dont know how to fix it.

seriously though, dude, this is on you. youre going to have to learn self control - whether in regards to the booze of the binging.
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't get hangovers but I get a headache from half a glass of wine. Maybe it's what you're drinking rather than how much?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I am someone who's frequently gotten hangovers after one or two drinks. I understand the feeling of wanting to eat allllll the crap the day after. And I usually do eat alllllll be crap. I've still lost 52 lbs though. So I think you may not be logging accurately the rest of the week or planning appropriately for your weekend binges. It takes planning but you can do it!

Also, I suggest drinking water before every drink and try to get a walk in the day afterwards. Exercise actually makes me feel better sometimes. When I can't exercise, I lose pounds because I'm so nauseous. :s
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had wine last night and a chocolate chip roll this morning. I'm not at all hungover, but my impulse control is lacking. I feel your feels.