Interesting webpage... (for the ladies)

Options

Replies

• khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I seen myself as 7.5% bigger than I actually am. And it said I'm a perfect hourglass! Now that is news to me...lol I guess I see myself way different. I have a big problem with self confidence. I totally lack it. Something I need to work on.

Thanks for the site. :flowerforyou:
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm 17.5 smaller than I see myself,, I wish I believed that... maybe someday!
  • jazzii98
    jazzii98 Posts: 33
    Options
    12.5% too big! And I'm an hourglass. Now that's a confidence booster.
  • runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I saw myself as larger by 5%. So I guess I have a fairly close idea of my size. I am pear shaped and but always considered myself to be hourglass. So maybe that will change as I make progress? But hey, I'm in good company: Beyoncé & Katie Holmes are my pear shaped sisters! :wink:
  • ppotoch
    ppotoch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I knew that it was going to tell me that I was smaller than I really thought...
    I know mentally it's hard to visualize how we really look verses how we feel we look.

HOWEVER, I did manipulate the measurements a few times...

It stated I was hourglass all 3 times no matter the measurements.

So, sadly the site merely throws out shapes without taking in to account actual measurements.

To be a TRUE hourglass figure.. your hips and chest are the same size within 1 inch AND you waist MUST be at least 9 inches smaller than your hip and chest measurements.

Otherwise.. you're not an hourglass...

Seriously get disgusted with sites like these that tell you false information.

It told me that I'm pear shaped. And, I am. Unfortunately.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am 7.5% smaller than I think I am, wow! I thought I was being brutally honest but I was being rude to myself. The cute little statement about me being an hourglass was lovely too, thanks for sharing, women need to be reminded about their skewed view of body more often!! :heart:
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was bang on with my guess.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My guess was on the complete opposite side of the scale 0_0
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    I guessed myself 7.5% bigger.
  • starartist
    starartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I guessed I was 2.5% smaller than I really am! Woops! Well I guess I'm a little over confident. :S
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great site thanks for the link

'you are 7.5% smaller than you think you are...'

was my report, yet none of the pics looked like me so was so hard to guess.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself 1 size too big. It said I was a pear which I am not. I am definitely an hourglass. I have both huge boobs and hips!
  • lmcaneny94
    Options
    Wow, im 27.5% smaller than I thought! Although it doesnt really take into consideration your height, and is that not a big thing when it comes to size?
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

Nope, I did. But then I'm smaller than all of them, lol
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    well according to this im 35% small than i think i am but its a load of trash because there is no way in hell im as skinny as its making out i am. if im that small how come when i go to buy clothes and look at online size guides its telling me im a size 20uk
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself 10% too big!
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself almost right on!
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it said I was off like 2.5%. I was in between sizes
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    woo am 27.5% smaller than what i thought i was :3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, let me ask this:

If it says we're ____ (in my case 20%) smaller than we think (which meant I guessed 4 sizes LARGER--but the sliding scale shows I'm smaller than I think I am) VS larger than someone thinks they are...

I'm kinda confused now. If I would have guess that I'm LARGER than I think I am, wouldn't that be not so good, and smaller better? It picked me as a perfect rectangle figure and I am that shape.

But when I think about it--guessing yourself "larger" than you think you are can sound not so good AND guessing yourself smaller can sound not so good (but the results look/feel good)--but it's kinda tricky to me. Because when I guessed smaller, I was a LOT of sizes smaller--4 sizes smaller (which looking at the model--I AM actually the smaller sized silhouette they picked/showed me--my actual size 100%). It's confusing to me, because somehow guessing larger than you think you are sounds good and so does smaller. Can someone help me understand why guessing you're LARGER than you think you are is good. It actually sounds like a bummer to guess your exact size, but when you think about it--that's the best. It's kinda sounding shady/tricky to me now...I dunno now:indifferent: :huh: :indifferent:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!