Replies

• ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It says I'm 5% smaller than I saw on here....not sure if that feels true though.
  • amyprzyby
    amyprzyby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guessed myself 15% too big.
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 10% smaller then what I saw....and a perfect hourglass
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I chose number 9...and I am number five, the "perfect hourglass". That is crazy...I didn't know my view of myself was so warped =/

17.5 smaller than I selected.
    HOLY ****.
  • kasiaj
    kasiaj Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOL...it said that I guessed my exact size too. I guess we are more aware of our bodies then we think. Although I always put that I was athletic body type, but now after baby it stated that I was pear shape (which I can totally see now that I look at myself closer).
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    i chose size 7, when in reality, I am supposedly a size 2, a perfect hourglass. Go figure
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I guessed 15% to big. But I already know I have a distorted image of myself.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was 30% smaller than I thought i was. It's interesting what you think of yourself versus what you really are.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    17.5 % too big! Wow
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

I'm right there with ya. Spot on.

Same here - I debated about two different ones and then decided on the one that had a little more waist definition, because I have noticed that weight loss has eliminated that top spare tire! :-D
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just did this and I am 15% smaller than I thought I was!
  • JoDixon73
    JoDixon73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 10% smaller than I thought I was! WOW. That's actually really interesting. I did some reading a while back on improving body image and self confidence and this graphically demonstrates just how wrong our thought processes can be. Thank you x
  • JoDixon73
    JoDixon73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

I was only 2.5% off. I clearly spend too much time obsessing about my body.

Also, calling me a "perfect pear" doesn't make it sound more appealing.

Me too - gotta remember though, pears are juicy :love:
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's interesting! I guessed myself 7.5% too big!

Me too! This is definitely a good wake-up call...
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I suggest all women check out http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

You enter in a size, weight, pant size - and it shows you pics of other women that size. This is very useful - as you will look at them and see them as they are. When we look at ourselves...we usually see ourselves as larger than we are. It helps to see others our size to put it in perspective...like looking at yourself through a stranger's eyes.
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is cool!
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, looks like I guessed myself 35% too big. Very neat way to put things into perspective, as woman we can be very harsh on ourselves.
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was spot on! and I was a perfect pear lol.. I did know that too :) Very interesting. Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!