Interesting webpage... (for the ladies)

Options

Replies

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am "22.5% smaller" than I guessed. Also, I've always considered myself an "apple," but this website says I'm a "pear." I'm not so sure about that.... But we'll see how it goes as I get closer to where I want to be. :D
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Can't measure now.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am 10% smaller than I think I am!
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself 17.5% bigger than I am. Wow!
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I guessed my size 2 sizes too big. Thank you
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I find this website doesn't look at all the facts. First, I was expecting they would take height into their calculation. I am 5'0", and consider myself an apple shape. However, the website told me I had a curvy figure. My hips are narrow, but I have the additional inches in my kaboose, and I am small busted, but I have a wide upper back, which increases the inches as well. I'm more like a plank of wood, rectangular, and flat! :sad: :ohwell:

Oh, and what does your location have to do with this?
  • jmaxwell825
    jmaxwell825 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 17.5 % smaller than I thought. WOW, that's a big difference!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

Nope, me too. The funny thing is, I probably would've guessed the same body size when I was 40 lbs heavier. I always thought I carried my weight very well... until I saw my self from all angles in a gym class with mirrored walls. Yikes!
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    In the UK , our health and lifestyles are very clearly split depending on the location where we live and we have decades no actually centuries of data which supports this. For example people who live in the south of England have a longer life expectancy that those in the north. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, there always are but I assume this app is based on what they consider lifestyle likelihood to be.
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump...have to find my measuring tape!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself as the fourth lady from the left. Then did the measurements and I'm actually the first lady on the left. Talk about body image issues...

I'm 15% smaller than I think I am.

(edited to add percentage)
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I guessed 2 sizes bigger. A fun website :) Thanks OP.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - no tape measure @ the office!

OP - thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pear shape :mad:

However I was 12.5% smaller than I thought. Cool site!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great site for a reality check. I was 12.5% less (2 1/2 models off) from my self-perception. I wonder how many underestimate themselves...probably not many! Thanks for the interesting activity!
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Very neat. I guessed 12.5% bigger than I am. All I see is the same rolls and bumps I had 70 lbs. ago, just smaller. But I still see them and they still seem overwhelmingly overwhelming. Funny how it's so difficult to see in the mirror the progress I've made. Guess it's time to stick up a "before" picture on the mirror.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. I was off by four sizes. I thought I was much bigger. But that makes sense with how I see myself when I look in a mirror compared to what people tell me.

ETA: Apparently, I think I'm 20% larger than I am. *shakes head sadly* I gotta fix this self-image thing.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I guessed correctly as well, I am the perfect pear so it says LOL
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I guessed 15% bigger than I am. It says I am the perfect hourglass shape. I think not!! I have absolutely no waist at all, I go straight down so I am not sure how they got that result. I think it is just because my hips and bust are bigger than my waist. Oh well, still really neat, thanks for sharing. :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm apparently 7.5% smaller than i think i am. interesting :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!