Is eating 2 baked potatoes for one meal bad?

Options
Normally one does not seem enough for me so I normally have two standard size ones.

I'm just thinking of GI index and in the long term diabetes.

Would eating 2 on a regular basis be bad in the long run or is it more to genetics and being overweight that contributes to diabetes.

I tend to pair the potatoes with a good amount of protein too.

Thanks

Replies

• Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The best place to get this information (aside from your medical doctor whom you trust) is the American Diabetes Association. Assuming of course they aren't "full of woo" as it were.
    diabetes.org/are-you-at-risk/diabetes-risk-test/
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I'll have two loaded baked potatoes (cheddar cheese, bacon, and sour cream) as meal, and I haven't had any problems. I make sure to hit my macros and nutrients with my other meals, and it fits into my calories. It does tend to kick me into a higher-than-normal carb intake for the day, but it hasn't been a problem. I tend to have it as dinner, so I've eaten enough during the day that the carbs don't make me want to overeat and if I feel tired, I can just go to bed.

If you are getting adequate exercise that is a big part of maintaining good health. We tend to think that because we are well today that we will be well tomorrow. Damage is accumulated. Which is why we tend to see certain consequences from abusing our bodies at an older age more often than at a younger age. If you are getting regular yearly check-ups, and you do not feel physically off then you should be fine. Listen to your body and if in doubt ask your doctor for advice.

I never said I had any concerns about my health.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat two baked potatoes topped with shredded chicken or tuna (a green curry flavour or something similar is nice), melted cheese, and sometimes some salad. :)

We have this once or twice a month.