Is eating 2 baked potatoes for one meal bad?

Options

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i routinely have 2-3 baked potatos a day, normally with some cream cheese (its hard to eat 400+g of carbs a day without potatos or rice) and I have no issues with insulin resistance etc
  • Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nixi3Knox wrote: »
    Wow. The true nature of MFP strikes again. I shouldn't be surprised. I hope the OP was able to get what ever was needed before all the trouble started.

Is this "woo" as in "WHOO HOO! :D " or "Woo" as In, "She is posting unproven quackery! :/ "

One should not assume. Asking for a friend! ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you reaching your calorie goals with your two potato meal? Then it’s all good. I also find my meal goes better with protein added as well.

Baked potatoes have all the fiber so that helps as well.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    if its bad im screwed a big majority of my diet is potatoes lol and iv lost 110 pounds and my bloodwork is all perfect. Not sure what id do if potatoes poofed overnight and no longer existed.

Side note of semi importance, I have PCOS and we supposedly do well on lower carb because of blood sugar issues. I wouldnt recommend it to everyone but for me potatoes dont set off those issues.
  • Nixi3Knox
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Its weird that people always refer to healthy debate on facts vrs fiction trouble and the people telling the facts are the trouble makers.

This is not myfantasypal people lol.. if everyone had to just support everything people say we would all be stuck with nothing but a limited amount of water per day..

You talkin' to me? Just in case you are, I did not point fingers at any side. I was referring to the general "innocent looking thread gets turned into a hot debate". Just to be clear. If you aren't referencing me then please disregard.

Well not really directed at YOU but the comment in general really since its a point made most often by a lot of people not just you. But i am glad threads turn into hot debate because it brings in points of views on the topic from many people lurkers can learn, OP can learn.. maybe some people who were misinformed can learn.

I can see that. However I tend to think debate should be left in the debate forum once it gets really hot. I don't know how much is ever really learned from such, because I tend to skip over as much as possible because it gets to be beating a dead horse at times.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    now Iv read this I want jacket spuds for dinner

I've got mine in.....and I've grated cheese.

I had 2 (yep thats right 2!) with tuna and I feel so much better for it lol
  • Nixi3Knox
    Options
    Its weird that people always refer to healthy debate on facts vrs fiction trouble and the people telling the facts are the trouble makers.

This is not myfantasypal people lol.. if everyone had to just support everything people say we would all be stuck with nothing but a limited amount of water per day..

You talkin' to me? Just in case you are, I did not point fingers at any side. I was referring to the general "innocent looking thread gets turned into a hot debate". Just to be clear. If you aren't referencing me then please disregard.

Well not really directed at YOU but the comment in general really since its a point made most often by a lot of people not just you. But i am glad threads turn into hot debate because it brings in points of views on the topic from many people lurkers can learn, OP can learn.. maybe some people who were misinformed can learn.

I can see that. However I tend to think debate should be left in the debate forum once it gets really hot. I don't know how much is ever really learned from such, because I tend to skip over as much as possible because it gets to be beating a dead horse at times.

There probably is a debate for this in the debate forums but a lot of OPs don't typically leave their own thread and thats if they even remember to come back at all.. leaving bad information here only to leave and go discuss it in the debate forum isn't helping the OP if they do return

At any rate, I was just pointing out the typical nature of the forums.