The sad truth about pasta

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    You guys should try Miracle Noodles. Tastes like nothing except whatever sauce you out over it, virtually calorie free plant based product.

Those things are sad...and as texture goes, nothing like pasta.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love real pasta if course but these are a good substitute for me when trying to cut calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Pasta was one of the few things I was really off on by eyeballing. But I was consistently under estimating rather than over. It was one of the few things I continued to weigh until I realized that I simply didn't want as much pasta as the box thought I should.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash
    Black bean pasta
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    celiah909 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    It always makes me sad how people go through high school, college / university and then cant follow or understand the simple label on a box of, in the example, pasta.

While this might be true, calling someone out on a mistake they already feel silly about is something most of us learn is kind of a not nice thing to do when we're in kindergarten.

Couldn’t agree more.

Nope, no leniency. No one is allowed to have a brain-fart, ever. Nup.

I wonder what this dude would have thought of my double-degree, post-graduate qualificationed self a few months ago when I spent 5 minutes trying to peel the cutter off the old box of cling wrap to stick on the new one, when I could have just put the new roll of cling in the old box. He'd have been horrified. Lost all faith in humanity.

In his defense I’m sure living life being surrounded by people who makes mistakes is very difficult to those who never do

I, on the other hand, could fill a book with my brain farts.

I am also happy that I posted this and learned I️ can eat more than 8 noodles haha

Hey, own it with pride. I have those moments too. Nothing wrong with admitting you're human.

Glad it ended well for you (extra pasta tonight).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It always makes me sad how people go through high school, college / university and then cant follow or understand the simple label on a box of, in the example, pasta.

While this might be true, calling someone out on a mistake they already feel silly about is something most of us learn is kind of a not nice thing to do when we're in kindergarten.

Couldn’t agree more.

I wonder what this dude would have thought of my double-degree, post-graduate qualificationed self a few months ago when I spent 5 minutes trying to peel the cutter off the old box of cling wrap to stick on the new one, when I could have just put the new roll of cling in the old box. He'd have been horrified. Lost all faith in humanity.

Now I'm confused. Did the new roll come in a box with no cutter? I've never seen that kind.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Couldn’t agree more.

Now I'm confused. Did the new roll come in a box with no cutter? I've never seen that kind.

Nah the new box had the sharp metal teeth cutter but the old one had a nifty sliding cutter that i liked better
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    One of the coolest google searches I ever did was for "How much water is in cooked pasta". You can use that to fix your log entry when you oopsie your sequencing of cooking and weighing.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Another good substitute that is incredibly low in calories is spaghetti squash. Bake it, scoop out the insides with a fork and enjoy with some marinara or meat sauce and some parmesan cheese.