Life’s lessons/rules and helpful hints

beingmore1
beingmore1 Posts: 3,131 Member
Let’s just face it. Life should be easy, right? We just need to keep breathing. However, we all know that’s not the case. There are expectations, responsibilities, Social pressures, unspoken rules, traditions, bills, debts, stress, health, depression, disappointments, heartbreak, heart ache and so on and so forth. As wonderful and amazing as Lofe can be......well sometimes it can suck. Life can be pretty damn hard sometimes. What gets you through? What lessons are you going to teach your kids? What lessons have you learned? Any helpful hints to help make those hard times in life easier? Do you have any words of wisdom you feel everyone would be better off knowing? Share them here.

Replies

• BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    @TicoCortez your quotes you shared made me think of this thread

giphy.gif

Then I suppose I'll repost them here:

"Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is." ~Jim Morrison

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    ~Albert Camus

I want to teach my kids to be unashamedly free, and to hold freedom, beauty, truth, and love above all other qualities and virtues.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    One lie spoils a thousand truths

A man that always tells the truth never has to remember a word that he says

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member

"Secrets have a cost, they're not for free. Not now, not ever."
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Spend time outdoors everyday.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    Sometimes a person may hurt you, emotionally. To truly forgive is difficult but it’s the only way to give yourself emotional freedom from that pain. Forgive someone for yourself and not for them. That person doesn’t need to be a part of your life anymore so make sure you let go of any emotional holds they have on you.

This is so very true.

Forgive not because they necessarily deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace.
  • Just_J_Now
    Timshel_ wrote: »

This is also true.

But sometimes it's better to take that secret to your grave instead of hurting so many by revealing it. The cost might hurt you only.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Always flush the toilet before taking a selfie. And please clean your mirror.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    When people are rude to you, offend you or hurt your feelings, it is not ok but remember it's not always about you.
    Who knows what is going on in their life to make them behave that way.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

This is also true.

But sometimes it's better to take that secret to your grave instead of hurting so many by revealing it. The cost might hurt you only.

Very few ever make it that far.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

This is also true.

Very few ever make it that far.

They will with me. I'll never tell.