Life’s lessons/rules and helpful hints

Replies

• This content has been removed.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    If you ever come across someone that can fold a fitted sheet, run.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Be your own best friend.
    Don't give others power over your own happiness.
    Floss your teeth.
    Don't procrastinate things that will only take 10 minutes or less to accomplish.
    Be a good person.
    Pay it forward.
    Never underestimate the healing power of music and fresh air.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    If you ever come across someone that can fold a fitted sheet, run.

Aaaaah. Can't run away from myself. Sorry
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Take tons of photos! Your family loves you no matter what, and those in the future generations will want to know you.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    when you go to mcdonalds drive thru check your order coz they always screw it up.

too true, I ordered an egg and cheese mcmuffin and I got a cheese mcmuffin.........that's not even on the friggin menu.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Never say you're too busy to your kids. someday they may stop asking and as a father of a 17 yr old junior in HS, the time flies faster than you could ever imagine.

Teachable moments aren't created, they are experienced in the everyday moments in life. There are a million firsts in your child's life, be a part of every single one if its within your power to do so.

Work to live, don't live to work.

Thank a veteran every chance you get.

Its OK to be your kids friends. Some day you will want that friendship when you no longer call the shots. How better to build a foundation of friendship that to do it while they grow under your wings.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    when you go to mcdonalds drive thru check your order coz they always screw it up.

I keep ordering an invasion of Canada.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2017
    This content has been removed.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Id like to teach them to not go looking for things to be offended by, live life with humor, look for the joy in things.
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »
    Objects are just things, its ok to let them go, you'll always have your memories.

On a more serious note...FFS plan on having extra cream puffs and make sure your garage is well lit and warm.

When did you come back?!

I'm not sure if I am yet, its so different. Kevin was never found, banana dude is mia.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Id like to teach them to not go looking for things to be offended by, live life with humor, look for the joy in things.
    Objects are just things, its ok to let them go, you'll always have your memories.

On a more serious note...FFS plan on having extra cream puffs and make sure your garage is well lit and warm.

When did you come back?!

I'm not sure if I am yet, its so different. Kevin was never found, banana dude is mia.

Sam is still missing too.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Why has no one trolled this thread yet??
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited November 2017

When did you come back?!

I'm ashamed to admit I forgot about Sam, but then again, he's no Kevin. They are probably all three together somewhere, enjoying a 2 liter and a banana hotdog, which I'm doubly confused as to where it falls on the sandwich/not sandwich scale.

v6eu0gsnfl95.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

When did you come back?!

I'm ashamed to admit I forgot about Sam, but then again, he's no Kevin. They are probably all three together somewhere, enjoying a 2 liter and a banana hotdog, which I'm doubly confused as to where it falls on the sandwich/not sandwich scale.

v6eu0gsnfl95.jpg

Why does this even exist??? Btw, I will be trying this while in my BMW at the Walmart parking lot.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Why has no one trolled this thread yet??

Because it’s a nice thread and I’ll get angry if someone does. WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!!

Life lesson: we can't have nice things.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Always save 10% from every paycheck for a rainy day, plus save for retirement. Learn to live on that amount of cash, don't live on every dime you make. needing every dime you make to live on is a baaaad idea. a very bad idea.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Expect the best be prepared for the worst.
  • eastside87
    eastside87 Posts: 62 Member
    Be kind, everday.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Don't slam your computer or your phone against the floor when something doesn't load fast enough. Trust me you'll regret if you have to purchase new ones over a fit of rage. :laugh:
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 470 Member
    Never trust a big butt and a smile
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Drunken words are sober thoughts, listen carefully.

So true! I get scared when I'm drunk LOL
  • Just_J_Now
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

So true! I get scared when I'm drunk LOL

Same girl. No filters. :#
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2017

In vino veritas, In wine there is truth. :) Hard to listen when I'm drunk too though hahaha hmmm on the other hand maybe I should keep my mouth shut
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member

This ^^^^
  • Just_J_Now
    Vodka can be mixed with anything, including more vodka. :noway:

okay that's not a good one. How about...

You need your liver, be good to it.