How many days do you hit the gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    6 days. I take Mondays off. Holidays don't get a pass either. I'll be in the gym Thanksgiving morning and Christmas morning.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    0. Im lazy i guess. I hate gyms XD I walk often and lift at work iv just never found the desire to lift / walk literally 10-12 hours a day and then run off to a gym like itl make much difference at that point.

Side note -story time

On a dating app recently some guy called me a lieing fat whale when i said im into fitness but dont go to a gym. At this point mind you i already learned the guy has a desk job and goes to the gym for 45 minutes twice a week.
    He then went on to blow up at me and rage at me calling me a stupid moron for calling my work (walking 20-30k steps -12ish miles a day while lifting huge bulky heavy furniture up and down stairs for 10-12 hour shifts) isnt exercise and im stupid for thinkign it is and unless i go to the gym im a weak idiot who cant be into fitness LOL.

again...10-12 hours a day lifting heavy on my feet...<...45 minutes twice a week after sitting on *kitten* all day....

Was pretty funny lol

Glad you can laugh at this. It would piss me off (but then I'm not dating).

:smiley:

yeah and people wonder why im single ;D I attract winners

You need to meet someone at the gym :)

Ill go with you ;)

Can we start with Sunday swim lessons? That way I get to see you in a swim suit STOP BEING CREEPY TW!

So, I do "something" 6 days a week. Saturday is 5K park run, Sunday is 45 mins swim lessons, Mon/Wed is 5K indoor bike and weights, Tues/Thurs is 5K run. Friday has become my day off but I'm thinking of doing weights as well. Swim lessons end in 2 weeks so I'll change my program then to add X-country skiing.
  • MikeinNOLA
    MikeinNOLA Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    CrossFit 6 days a week, run 3 days, rest on Sunday.
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym usually 4x a week but most days I do 2-3 workouts/classes about 6-7 hours/week, Water Aerobics, HIIT, Zumba and Spin just to name a few. I'm trying to pin down a new routine right now that gets me lifting and starting to run. I have a goal to run a 5k in May.
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5 days on, 2 days recovery for me. I have an hour of Step class on Saturday morning, an hour of Les Mills BodyCombat on Sunday afternoon, 1/2 an hour of Les Mills BodyPump at lunch on Monday and Wednesday and 45 minutes of Step class on Tuesday afternoon. Thursday and Friday are my recovery days, although I still take a mile walk in the morning as well as the afternoon on those recovery days.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. I find it easy to go before work. Sundays, I work it into my schedule.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I workout 4-5 days/wk.

I have a fully equipped weight lifting setup in my garage and my rower/spin bike are in the house.

I go to the gym that I belong to only 1x every week or 2 to use the StairMaster, trradmill and/or steamroom/sauna.

The only reason I belong to a gym is because it's free; paid for by my Medicare Plus coverage
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    6 days weights and cardio/ 1 day just cardio
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well my gym is in my house so technically I'm there everyday. I do resistance training 4x a week. Cardio 2x a week. 1 rest day, but I walk everyday just to stay active.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    As long as my schedule allows I go everyday. i may miss a day here and there, but my goal is everyday.
  • Aymounna
    Aymounna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    4 for maximum benefits. Recovery (big word) happens out of the gym
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Between working 40 hours a week and being at school in the evenings on Monday and Wednesday, I've found that 3 days is plenty. This past spring I was working 40 hours and had evening classes and was in the gym 5 days a week, which was way too much. Got smart and reduced the days in the gym.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Four times a week - power lifting. Recovery - as already mentioned - is a BIG part of getting stronger.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    0. Im lazy i guess. I hate gyms XD I walk often and lift at work iv just never found the desire to lift / walk literally 10-12 hours a day and then run off to a gym like itl make much difference at that point.

Side note -story time

On a dating app recently some guy called me a lieing fat whale when i said im into fitness but dont go to a gym. At this point mind you i already learned the guy has a desk job and goes to the gym for 45 minutes twice a week.
    He then went on to blow up at me and rage at me calling me a stupid moron for calling my work (walking 20-30k steps -12ish miles a day while lifting huge bulky heavy furniture up and down stairs for 10-12 hour shifts) isnt exercise and im stupid for thinkign it is and unless i go to the gym im a weak idiot who cant be into fitness LOL.

again...10-12 hours a day lifting heavy on my feet...<...45 minutes twice a week after sitting on *kitten* all day....

Was pretty funny lol

Glad you can laugh at this. It would piss me off (but then I'm not dating).

:smiley:

yeah and people wonder why im single ;D I attract winners

You need to meet someone at the gym :)

Ill go with you ;)

Can we start with Sunday swim lessons? That way I get to see you in a swim suit STOP BEING CREEPY TW!

So, I do "something" 6 days a week. Saturday is 5K park run, Sunday is 45 mins swim lessons, Mon/Wed is 5K indoor bike and weights, Tues/Thurs is 5K run. Friday has become my day off but I'm thinking of doing weights as well. Swim lessons end in 2 weeks so I'll change my program then to add X-country skiing.

@Tacklewasher ;)<3
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i like the 5, 5, 5, 6 TRAINING PROGRAM, here how it works 1 = back, biceps, forearms
    2 = legs
    3 = chest, shoulders, triceps
    R = rest day
    Here’s how the 5, 5, 5, 6 program repeats itself:
    CYCLE ONE – Train 3 days out of 5
    Mon – 1
    Tues – R
    Wed – 2
    Thurs – 3
    Fri – R
    ————–
    CYCLE TWO – Train 3 days out of 5
    Sat – 1
    Sun – R
    Mon – 2
    Tues – 3
    Wed – R
    —————-
    CYCLE THREE – Train 3 days out of 5
    Thurs – 1
    Fri – R
    Sat – 2
    Sun – 3
    Mon – R
    —————-
    CYCLE FOUR – Train 3 days out of 6
    Tues – 1
    Wed – R
    Thurs – 2
    Fri – R
    Sat – 3
    Sun – R
    REPEAT AGAIN STARTING AT CYCLE ONE ABOVE
    The cycle repeats itself exactly in the pattern every three weeks providing you don’t miss. So, every 3 weeks you train each workout 4 times, you have 9 rest days and 12 workout days.
    Notice you always have Fridays off. And you can always have the same day off depending on when you start the cycle. Start in on Monday and every Friday off. Start on Tuesday and get every Saturday off. Start it on Wednesday and get every Sunday off, etc.
    Of course, there are other ways to arrange your workouts in this three way split, but why do a three way split in the first place?
    1) Since you divide your body into three sections instead of two you can do more work for each section. You have longer to recuperate between each time you work a specific part of the body.
    2) It’s easier to tolerate only a small part of your body being sore from exercising instead of your entire body or entire upper body being wiped out.
    Footnote: Actually instead of training three days in a row and resting the fourth, I’d do the 5-5-4 day cycle, the 5-5-5-6 day cycle should produce more growth because there’s more rest so you’ll be stronger each workout and be able to train heavier.
  • kenthepainter1
    kenthepainter1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 days aweek, I spend 30 minutes doing PT for my hip problems (FAI) then chest, bicep, tricep, shoulders And Abs.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    tprq0gbtbaga.png
    I go 5 days a week. Alternating workouts