Christmas music is bad for your mental health, British psychologist says?

Options

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    Ima weird 1....i enjoy christmas music

Christmas music is so awesome - love that Christmas spirit. My favorite holiday song is Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas. I had this playing last christmas and was singing along, drove right past my house, that's how good this song is to me haha :D

Good to know that you were paying attention whilst driving ;) I feel safer already
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    No one has taken this thread seriously. I'm disappointed. This was a scientific study.

I saw it as a challenge and an opportunity to share our favourite Christmas music........

https://youtu.be/921MqFzyquo
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If you have defined the holidays solely as a series of unpleasant "things [you] need to do" then sure, Christmas music will cause you stress.

However, if you view the holidays as a time to have fun with friends and family, take a break from work, eat and drink tasty things, watch a lot of sports, enjoy watching your kids open presents, etc., then holiday music likely will remind you of the positive aspects of the holidays and make you happy.

So if Christmas music stresses you out, maybe it is time to consider changing the way you celebrate the holidays.
  • GailK1967
    GailK1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hearing Michael Buble at any time makes me feel suicidal but when he warblers out Xmas bull I become a suicidal homicidal maniac. Cue the eye rolling and snorting.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Interesting. They sing Christmas music at my church (go figure).

Should I stop going?
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options