Ideas for slipping my boyfriend more calories

Sylkwyrm
Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
Three things you need to know about my boyfriend:

1) He is one of those people who can eat just about anything and not gain weight

2) He is also one of those people who forgets to eat

3) He is not a very good cook

We live together and I'm currently trying to loose weight. When I make low calorie dinners at home I loose weight but he looses weight too, and he doesn't have much weight to spare. So far I've tried giving him granola bars, nuts, and Naked Juice to take to work with him and I've gone so far as to put a candy dish on his desk at home to try and encourage calorie intake. I realize that's not a terribly healthy way to encourage him.

Does anyone else have any tips or tricks for helping my BF eat more calories without sharing high calorie dinners?

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Why are you responsible for his caloric intake? I'm not being snarky, I'm just not sure why he can't fend for himself.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    It sounds like he's jealous of you.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Just break up.
  • Sarahlascelles
    Sarahlascelles Posts: 41 Member
    Larger portions?
    My husband and I eat the same cooked meals but he has a little more than me (except of veggies, I usually have more of those).
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    You got my attention with " Ideas for slipping my boyfriend...".
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Pie is calorie dense
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    :huh: why don't you talk to him about this?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Cant you just give him a bigger portion?
  • My husband is the exact same way. I always add a couple slices of whole wheat bread and butter to his meals, but not to mine. That in addition to larger portions seems to work well for us.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    If making sandwiches, I give BF healthy dose of mayo, and an extra serving of meat/cheese while giving mustard to myself. If we're both having steaks, porkchops, chicken breasts, he gets the larger one.

etcetc!
  • Sylkwyrm
    I send him to work with sandwiches like these already. Good idea!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    My husband is the exact same way. I always add a couple slices of whole wheat bread and butter to his meals, but not to mine. That in addition to larger portions seems to work well for us.
    I try the same thing with my husband he needs all the calorie, his daily calorie burn at work is what most eat in a days calorie intake or darn close .

He is heavy manual labor 12 hr shifts , I just make myself food and my daughters and then make him a meal with all the extra cheese, rice so on.

I try and make him lunch too with carbs, protein, dairy trying to make it balanced he works 3rd shift so his eating patterns are a bit off.
  • My girlfriend would never feel responsible for what I eat throughout the day-I'm the kind that needs to eat all day everyday to not lose weight. Protein shakes aren't hard to chug down, and for dinner I'll just have three times what she's cooking plus sides.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Dark chocolate covered nuts (like macadamia nuts), avocados, saute everything you make in a healthy oil (olive or coconut), bread chicken with crushed macadamia nuts and drizzle with coconut oil then bake, toast with butter and sneak a layer of coconut oil underneath the butter (I do this with my kids).
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Same in our household but with a son as well. They both have big bowls of ice cream for dessert. I can;t eat ice cream ( I can't even watch them as it gives me such severe stomach cramps) so I'm OK with this. I also make rounds of peanut butter and jam sandwiches before bed. Both of these help.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    tumblr_lijmr2GX8c1qbj931o1_500.gif
  • Sylkwyrm
    He's not a good cook. I am. And as I mentioned he will just forget to eat. I guess I could just sit idly by as he wastes away....
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Larger portions?
    My husband and I eat the same cooked meals but he has a little more than me (except of veggies, I usually have more of those).

I completely understand the need to do this- my fiance will forget to eat if I don't remind him. It's not about him fending for himself- he'll survive if he doesn't eat for a day. Eventually his stomach will remind him. It's about helping someone you love stay healthy :)
    I agree with bigger portion sizes.

This person was given a lot of suggestions for calorie dense food- check them out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1060465-all-the-food

Do try to make sure you're helping him get the proper nutrients as well!
  • rosatter
    rosatter Posts: 4 Member
    My husband needs to lose weight, too, but being a man who is slightly more active, he gets cranky on less than 1800 calories. So, when I make dinner, I usually give him more of the calorie dense foods. For example, if we are having pork chops, mushrooms, rice and broccoli, I'd give him the larger of the chops and more rice. It's kind of hard, though, to know what he's eating at work, so I still try and keep his intake at dinner between 400-600 calories.

You can try adding more calorie dense things to his meals, like a handful of nuts or a few slices of avocado.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    He's not a good cook. I am. And as I mentioned he will just forget to eat. I guess I could just sit idly by as he waists away....

ah haha, punny...

I hope, but funny nonetheless :)