Ideas for slipping my boyfriend more calories

Options

Replies

• kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    He's not a good cook. I am. And as I mentioned he will just forget to eat. I guess I could just sit idly by as he waists away....

if he's gotten this far in life without waisting [sic] away, i'm sure he will survive.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Recent studies* have proven that frequent sex (2-3 times a day) generally results in caloric intake increases over maintenance level. So you could try that.

You're welcome, Sylkwyrm's Boyfriend.

*that I've just made up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Beer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Larger portions?
    My husband and I eat the same cooked meals but he has a little more than me (except of veggies, I usually have more of those).

This. I usually eat double of what my wife is having.
  • KristinD1977
    KristinD1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have a similar situation at home as in, I have to watch my weight like a hawk or I balloon and my guy is 6-3 and annoyingly fit with no effort outside of the physical labor he performs at work and doing things to maintain our home/yard (the jerk even gets up in the middle of the night for ice cream, lol). When we eat meals together I make something that fits my needs and portion about 40% on my plate and 60% on his then add a side that I'm not tempted by (garlic bread, rice, etc) and he always goes for whole milk while I drink water with my meals. He is always full and happy so it works out very well.
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My husband and kids are the same way. If I cook all great healthy low calorie foods, they will eat it all (even more portions) and loose more weight b/c overall their metabolisms are higher, and my husband's job is very hard work and he burns probably several thousand calories a day. I usually give them all more food, portion size wise. Also, I give them snacks and treats that aren't my favorites, and that helps keep me from wanting to binge on their food too. I spoon out my veggies first, and then put real butter and etc in their food. Oils help too. I give my husband a couple of cans of soup extra for lunch, and make sure to use full fat dressings and etc on his stuff. I just keep the lower cal/fat options for myself. I do agree when the main cook in the house is trying to loose weight it can effect everyone else as well. I keep soda for him that's not calorie free, etc etc. Make sure there's Gatorade and things like that around that I won't drink b/c of the cal content. I don't 'slip' him foods b/c he knows it there lol, but I do make sure to have options around for him so that he isn't going hungry as well lol.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same and he doesn't seem to have any idea of his body - he is disembodied!:laugh: In January he was sooooo thin and losing all his body mass. I started feeding him CAKE every day - home made, that I froze in portions and got out every day. It is very calorie dense. I always put butter on his veg and load him with carbs. Beer helps too and I buy him tarts and vanilla slices from a good cake shop. Since Jan, with a lot of feeding up, he has put on about 5 lbs and looks loads better. He is still barely into normal BMI, but I can see he is feeling good now.
    Annoying isn't it.:laugh: :sad:
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Load him up on oily fish, red meats (fattier beef is easier to cook too), fattier cheese and dairy, oils and butter on salads and in recipes, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Smother everything he eats either in molasses, olive oil, or peanut butter
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't finish reading this without laughing.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Give him bigger meals. Poor man
  • melindafritz
    Options
    Pasta
  • melindafritz
    Options
    Mac and cheese
  • melindafritz
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't finish reading this without laughing.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have to make sure my 6'3" husband eats enough to keep his weight above 140, so I understand.

I like to make him protein shakes, and I add in high-calorie extras like yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, etc.

At mealtimes, I give him much larger portions than I serve myself. If the meal has a separate carb component, like rice or pasta, he gets a big serving of that and I get a small serving and a big serving of salad or veggies.

I also make sure we always have easy-to-grab snacks like granola bars on hand.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Can you give him some of your loosed weight? Just strap those babies on him like saddle bags and BAM! Problem solved.
  • melindafritz
    Options
    eat some pizza and fast food
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream

Winner!
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    I give him larger portions, and add ingredients to his plate.

I give him twice the amount of rice I eat for example etc.

Works fine