Been eating less than 2,000 calories a day for a week and gained weight

Options

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For everyone who says I’m not getting the right nutrients from this I have been taking a men’s multi vitamin every day since I’ve started this.

So anyway last night I didn’t go to Wendy’s instead I ordered Chinese food, I ordered the combo special of boneless spareribs, pork fried rice, and an egg roll, but yeah today I weighed myself and I still didn’t lose any weight in fact I am the exact same weight as I was yesterday morning AND I went on a 6 mile walk yesterday in the cold.

I feel like my body is so used to me giving it crap food like chips and donuts when I eat something more substantial and healthy it’s fighting against me.

I still feel a lot better health wise like I said yesterday I have no hunger pangs my anxiety levels are reduced, no more pains and headaches.

But yeah I’m still not losing weight.
    To everyone who wants to know how much weight I’m up. About 5 pounds.

5 lbs in a week... on 2000 calorie a day IF.

Water weight.

Drink more water
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Why... why are the patties square? That's really messing with my sense of order...

According to a Business Insider article:

“Wendy's founder Dave Thomas "wanted to make sure that the patty sticks out of the bun so that everyone can see it, see the juiciness," Frank Vamos, director of brand communications for the company.”

Never bothered to inquire before. Hehe

Well, there you go! I just don't know if I'd have to eat it by first nibbling all the corners off to make it tidy....

I don't know why, but I've never been a fan of Wendy's and I strongly suspect it's because of the square patties. I've made my peace with my quirks.

I refused to eat at Wendy's for years because of those square burgers. Then I finally ate there. I love Wendy's. Not as much as OP but I was wrong to judge the squares.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    For everyone who says I’m not getting the right nutrients from this I have been taking a men’s multi vitamin every day since I’ve started this.

So anyway last night I didn’t go to Wendy’s instead I ordered Chinese food, I ordered the combo special of boneless spareribs, pork fried rice, and an egg roll, but yeah today I weighed myself and I still didn’t lose any weight in fact I am the exact same weight as I was yesterday morning AND I went on a 6 mile walk yesterday in the cold.

I feel like my body is so used to me giving it crap food like chips and donuts when I eat something more substantial and healthy it’s fighting against me.

I still feel a lot better health wise like I said yesterday I have no hunger pangs my anxiety levels are reduced, no more pains and headaches.

Have you tried buying groceries from a grocery store (lean meats, veggies, fruits, healthy fats, etc) and cook or prepare some delicious home meals and see how your body responds? And do this for say 4-6 weeks?

If not, would you be willing to try it?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    CindyWard2 wrote: »
    Fast food is crazy high in sodium.

This. Drink more water and add 20% to the calories they give you on their website. It doesn't take into account how much ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. they put on these things, nor can it possibly account for variances in bun size, the amount of toppings, etc. etc. Usually their nutrition guide will state how many grams their calculation is based on, have you ever tried weighing the food they give you on a food scale? For instance I frequently buy the same sub made the same way at Subway. Each time they put a different amount of meat, more or less vegies, and eyeball the sauces I ask for. The nutrition guide says it is 850 calories, but it also says that's for a 482g sandwich. I have NEVER seen this thing be less than 500g when I get it home and weigh it. Hell I've seen it hit almost 600g most days. The people that make it for me see me frequently and tend to give me extra meat and toppings. I'm sure that's not the case at Wendy's but I'd wager the food they are giving you is more calories than what is listed on their website. All fast food generally has between 100% and 200% the daily value of sodium in one. single. meal. That's going to mean water weight unless you drink a crap ton of water to counter balance it, and even then you're still going to retain some water while your body tries to flush it all out. Food for thought.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Have you tried buying groceries from a grocery store (lean meats, veggies, fruits, healthy fats, etc) and cook or prepare some delicious home meals and see how your body responds? And do this for say 4-6 weeks?

If not, would you be willing to try it?

Yeah I occasionally buy chicken breast at the store and have made salads before.

So why can't you forgo the fast food restaurant foods, and try this for a longer term?

You said your body is so used to you giving it crap food that you think healthy food is fighting against you? You realize this makes no sense? I bet if you do this for 4-6 weeks you would feel so much better and you would not have to monitor and constantly worry about excess sodium in your diet, and being unsure of calorie counts from fast food restaurants.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean two double stacks + a crispy chicken + your large chili, you're taking in over 3500mg of sodium a day. It's quite possible you're retaining water. And you're only getting 1430 mg of potassium. You should be taking in more potassium than sodium. If that's all you're eating and you're not at least taking a multivitamin, your micronutrients are crap. I wouldn't make that a longterm thing.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Sadly, this is the reality of people who eat junk. Everyone’s body rebels against healthier food when they switch. You aren’t going to make any progress the way you eat. Your body being used to junk food isn’t a good thing. Yes, you will feel terrible for a while if you try to get off of the junk, but it’ll pass. You’d feel a lot better after you get through the tough part. Your body would thank you. I’ve heard of people losing weight by eating McDonald’s, but not like you eat. If you want to change you are going to have to take the discomfort.

This actually goes both ways. My grand kids wanted McDonalds this weekend as a treat, so i took them. I had the calories so I had a salad and a double quarter pounder. I was sick from all the grease the rest of the weekend. Tasted good but a half hour later I was regretting it. Even at home I'll make burgers (that honestly taste better) from leaner beef or ground turkey and love them, but the greasy fatty burger they use at McDonads would kill me if I tried to eat it every day like I used to do.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I’ve been eating 1 meal a day every night for dinner for the past week and it’s the same meal every night at Wendy’s I calculated the meal based on the nutritional information on their website that I get 92 grams of protein and a little less than 1500 calories

I order 2 double cheeseburgers
    1 chicken sandwich
    And a large chili and I drink water

All stuff on the value menu

Why not cook at home? Fast food every day is not good for you. If I eat anything fast food I will consume too much sodium and it causes me to show a weight gain. I can do fast food maybe once a week but if I do it more than two days in a row I start to put on weight fast.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    This is not a healthy diet.

You should eat at least some of your meals at Burger King for a balanced diet.

:D:D
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So anyway last night I didn’t go to Wendy’s instead I ordered Chinese food,.

You certainly are a fan of salt. ;)

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Salt
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Damn OP, go buy some fruit and veggies! Don't get scurvy!

I think there's some vitamin C in the ketchup somewhere?

but this does indeed happen in college dorms where there is occasionally that picky kid that only eats plain burgers or ramen or... (most of the merely poor, but not picky, students at least had the good sense to widen their food variety by partaking in the occasional free slice of pizza which includes tomato sauce).