Been eating less than 2,000 calories a day for a week and gained weight

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You need to be consuming more protein in your diet, protein helps you maintain your muscle mass when you are in a calorie deficit.. The protein consumption is not what is causing the water weight gain in the least.

I can't find the Double Cheese burger on Wendy's value menu, I guess its possible your particular location has this on their menu or if are getting the Double Stack which is 390 calories. In either case, consuming larger amounts of sodium on top of what the frozen meals/chips etc you were consuming prior to a week ago is most likely the culprit of your scale weight increase.

Yeah correct the double stack is what I order, to be more specific I order 2 double stacks 1 crispy chicken blt and 1 large chili

I updated my post to include also more carbs along side the extra sodium will cause scale weight increases. With out seeing what you were eating before I cannot say for sure.

I agree that you should consider getting in a better balance of nutrition, this sounds quite unsustainable for long period of time, hopefully you will choose to make some wiser food choices in the future, I will ask do you plan to eat like this well into maintaining?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    cmh308 wrote: »
    One double cheeseburger at Wendy's is 800 calories. You only need this one to get 100% of your daily protein. So, two cheeseburgers equals 1600 calories. Add 380 calories from the chicken sandwich and you've eaten 1980 calories. Top it off with 310 calories of chili and you've eaten 2,290 calories. So you're eating more than your goal every day.

Eliminate one cheeseburger to bring it down to 1490, add in an apple and something leafy green.

Or ditch the chili and you've made it under 2000.

He said it was the value range sized ones.

He also said it was a double cheeseburger which isn't a thing. The only double cheeseburger Wendy's has is the 800 calorie one.

This is what he's eating, it must not be available in Canada. https://menu.wendys.com/en_US/product/double-stack/

OP, it's only been a week and you've likely increased your sodium intake by eating only fast food.
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    One double cheeseburger at Wendy's is 800 calories. You only need this one to get 100% of your daily protein. So, two cheeseburgers equals 1600 calories. Add 380 calories from the chicken sandwich and you've eaten 1980 calories. Top it off with 310 calories of chili and you've eaten 2,290 calories. So you're eating more than your goal every day.

Eliminate one cheeseburger to bring it down to 1490, add in an apple and something leafy green.

He also said it was a double cheeseburger which isn't a thing. The only double cheeseburger Wendy's has is the 800 calorie one.

And he said it was off the Value Menu. This is on the Value Menu:

ih5b9p6554uo.jpg

I was looking at the Canadian website. My bad. Still a *kitten* ton of sodium.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

ih5b9p6554uo.jpg

Looks like a double cheeseburger to me.

Looks more than 390 calories to me. Surely the bun alone must be 200 ? Not even accounting for those two patties, the cheese and the extra stuff.

Wendys patties are hella thin
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

ih5b9p6554uo.jpg

Looks like a double cheeseburger to me.

Looks more than 390 calories to me. Surely the bun alone must be 200 ? Not even accounting for those two patties, the cheese and the extra stuff.

It's listed as a “Junior Sized” item on the website, so I'm guessing it's not the same diameter as an average burger.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Why... why are the patties square? That's really messing with my sense of order...

According to a Business Insider article:

“Wendy's founder Dave Thomas "wanted to make sure that the patty sticks out of the bun so that everyone can see it, see the juiciness," Frank Vamos, director of brand communications for the company.”

Never bothered to inquire before. Hehe

Well, there you go! I just don't know if I'd have to eat it by first nibbling all the corners off to make it tidy....

The corner bits are the yummiest part
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

The double stack is a double cheeseburger I said everything was on the value menu if you took the time to read what I wrote....

I did. And if you read what I wrote you would see that I was looking at the Canadian website where it isn't a thing. So, miscommunication.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating 1 meal a day every night for dinner for the past week and it’s the same meal every night at Wendy’s I calculated the meal based on the nutritional information on their website that I get 92 grams of protein and a little less than 1500 calories

I order 2 double cheeseburgers
    1 chicken sandwich
    And a large chili and I drink water

All stuff on the value menu

I think I might have metabolic syndrome because I used to eat very little calories and very little protein but a lot of carbs

My question is why am I gaining weight when I’m eating 1500 or less calories a day, maybe the nutritional information on the website is inaccurate or maybe it’s all the meat... whatever it is it breaks my motivation that I’m not losing anymore weight and in fact am gaining

So tonight I will not be eating that meal again seeing as it’s making me gain weight the only other thing is, I feel a lot better I don’t have anymore headaches or hunger pangs, I sleep better at night and my anxiety levels are down. But to summarize I used to eat mostly junk like frozen food and carbs like chips and ice cream but I was losing weight but was getting very little protein. Now I’m eating a higher protein diet but from fast food but still around the same amount of calories and my weight has actually increased.

I would strongly suspect the increased sodium and carb intake causing some water retention.