Been eating less than 2,000 calories a day for a week and gained weight

Options
I’ve been eating 1 meal a day every night for dinner for the past week and it’s the same meal every night at Wendy’s I calculated the meal based on the nutritional information on their website that I get 92 grams of protein and a little less than 1500 calories

I order 2 double cheeseburgers
1 chicken sandwich
And a large chili and I drink water

All stuff on the value menu

I think I might have metabolic syndrome because I used to eat very little calories and very little protein but a lot of carbs

My question is why am I gaining weight when I’m eating 1500 or less calories a day, maybe the nutritional information on the website is inaccurate or maybe it’s all the meat... whatever it is it breaks my motivation that I’m not losing anymore weight and in fact am gaining

So tonight I will not be eating that meal again seeing as it’s making me gain weight the only other thing is, I feel a lot better I don’t have anymore headaches or hunger pangs, I sleep better at night and my anxiety levels are down. But to summarize I used to eat mostly junk like frozen food and carbs like chips and ice cream but I was losing weight but was getting very little protein. Now I’m eating a higher protein diet but from fast food but still around the same amount of calories and my weight has actually increased.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    One double cheeseburger at Wendy's is 800 calories. You only need this one to get 100% of your daily protein. So, two cheeseburgers equals 1600 calories. Add 380 calories from the chicken sandwich and you've eaten 1980 calories. Top it off with 310 calories of chili and you've eaten 2,290 calories. So you're eating more than your goal every day.

Eliminate one cheeseburger to bring it down to 1490, add in an apple and something leafy green.

Or ditch the chili and you've made it under 2000.

That to if its right hah i didnt bother with math. Seriously this sounds so unhealthy >.< Im glad you feel good OP But i am curious to see for how long you feel good
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    One double cheeseburger at Wendy's is 800 calories. You only need this one to get 100% of your daily protein. So, two cheeseburgers equals 1600 calories. Add 380 calories from the chicken sandwich and you've eaten 1980 calories. Top it off with 310 calories of chili and you've eaten 2,290 calories. So you're eating more than your goal every day.

Eliminate one cheeseburger to bring it down to 1490, add in an apple and something leafy green.

He said it was the value range sized ones.
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You need more time - you can't really tell much about what's going on with weight loss until you've tracked your weight for at least a month. It's the trend line over time that matters.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea. Why aren't you eating breakfast and lunch too? Once in a while fast food us okay but your only meal every day? Someone already showed you miscalculated.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You need to be consuming more protein in your diet, protein helps you maintain your muscle mass when you are in a calorie deficit.. The protein consumption is not what is causing the water weight gain in the least.

I can't find the Double Cheese burger on Wendy's value menu, I guess its possible your particular location has this on their menu or if are getting the Double Stack which is 390 calories. You are still getting plenty of carbs how much more I don't know. In either case, consuming larger amounts of sodium and if your carbs have increased from week prior these are likely the culprit of your scale weight increase.

• cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

He said it was the value range sized ones.

He also said it was a double cheeseburger which isn't a thing. The only double cheeseburger Wendy's has is the 800 calorie one.