Been eating less than 2,000 calories a day for a week and gained weight

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm very curious about OP's background - not that he has to share. But eating fast food at every meal is pretty unusual to me.

Do you have any desire to learn to cook real meals, OP? It's something that every adult should learn. There are so many websites with great recipes and Youtube tutorials for beginners. Taking small steps towards learning to cook would be a great thing to do.

So much sodium from fast food won't do your body good in the long run. A varied diet with at least a few servings of fruit and vegetables will keep you healthy. Not to mention, your wallet will thank you.

If you got yourself a slow-cooker, you could make a big pot of chili that would last you a whole week for a fraction of the cost of your daily Wendy's chili.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Why... why are the patties square? That's really messing with my sense of order...

According to a Business Insider article:

“Wendy's founder Dave Thomas "wanted to make sure that the patty sticks out of the bun so that everyone can see it, see the juiciness," Frank Vamos, director of brand communications for the company.”

Never bothered to inquire before. Hehe

Well, there you go! I just don't know if I'd have to eat it by first nibbling all the corners off to make it tidy....

I don't know why, but I've never been a fan of Wendy's and I strongly suspect it's because of the square patties. I've made my peace with my quirks.

I refused to eat at Wendy's for years because of those square burgers. Then I finally ate there. I love Wendy's. Not as much as OP but I was wrong to judge the squares.

I may give it a go next month. I'm almost out of food money this month, which means lots of home cooking :bigsmile:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I'm very curious about OP's background - not that he has to share. But eating fast food at every meal is pretty unusual to me.

Do you have any desire to learn to cook real meals, OP? It's something that every adult should learn. There are so many websites with great recipes and Youtube tutorials for beginners. Taking small steps towards learning to cook would be a great thing to do.

So much sodium from fast food won't do your body good in the long run. A varied diet with at least a few servings of fruit and vegetables will keep you healthy. Not to mention, your wallet will thank you.

If you got yourself a slow-cooker, you could make a big pot of chili that would last you a whole week for a fraction of the cost of your daily Wendy's chili.

Search his screen name. There have been several posts similar to this.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Search his screen name. There have been several posts similar to this.

I saw someone posted some links to previous posts, I just glanced at them. I just wonder if the fast food fixation has something to do with his upbringing, or a depression issue, or something... anyhoo, I don't want to be an armchair psychologist about it, but I can't help but be curious! I was learning to cook by the time I was 6 or 7 years old.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tyrindor wrote: »
    You can't just eat 1 big meal a day. It's terrible for you, especially a insanely high sodium meal. You want 3-5 small meals a day to keep the metabolism running, and you want them to be healthy. Lots of fruits, veggies, very little processed foods, etc.

Sorry but this isn't true. Meal timing has very little effect on metabolism and weight loss.

Many people practice intermittent fasting / OMAD (one-meal-a-day, also called the Warrior Diet) with success. I personally have 2 meals a day and it works wonderfully for me.

I eat light snacks 100-300 calories periodically throughout the day and a large dinner(1600 calories) and as long as I don't give in to honey buns(craving not hunger) or donuts or other desert pastries... too often, It works great.

And when I say great, I mean I went from a high of almost 265 last year down to 232. I slacked off for almost 8 months and I'm back just above 240.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Everyone keeps talking sodium, sodium, sodium. Some people can eat a weeks worth of salt in a day and not gain water weight. It varies by the individual. The OP is probably gaining weight because he is not being honest with his diet descriptions, or is being exceedingly inaccurate with his calorie values.

That is probably a part of it, however I think a vast majority of people do gain water weight from high sodium meals.