8,000 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    One Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Creme donut is 320 calories so just eat 25 of them everyday.

v5r4k6680zs3.png

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    One Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Creme donut is 320 calories so just eat 25 of them everyday.

v5r4k6680zs3.png

You gotta get protein if you wanna get swolled.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had a Friend who was 6' about 190-200# and 5% BF. When he traveled on business oversees he had to take two suitcases. One with clothes, one with food. He learned that after losing 10 pounds in a two week Japan trip.
    He used to joke that he wounded out so hard because he loved to eat. And he could eat.
    Totally ripped. His wife had to tailer his pants for him. But to fit around his quads and glutes, the cut in the waist to fit.
    He defined the athletic cut suit.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    When I was training for an ironman triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run) I was eating more than that.

8000 a day while training? i call shenanigans - i'm an ironman and even on race day (15hrs) - my calorie burn was 9000 - my longest training day was probably close to 6000 and i didn't eat that many

My best time was 10:51 and in order to do that well I had to train a tremendous amount. 300+ miles per week on the bike, 50 miles running per week, and 15-20,000 yards swimming
    Here’s what I looked like then.arupwrl4w9tr.jpeg

i doubt any of the pros eat that - look at someone like Lionel Sanders, Andy Potts, Jan Frodeno etc - its their job to only train
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is 100% possible and honestly, how is 6000 calories a day even a lot to you guys? I am a 5ft tall woman who weights around 115-120. I eat around 5000-8000 calories everyday. I'm not that active, have an office job and only workout once a day. No cardio either. I'm confused on WHY 6000 would be considered a lot of calories??!!

open your diary please....

I'm active and I maintain on 2600 a day
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This is 100% possible and honestly, how is 6000 calories a day even a lot to you guys? I am a 5ft tall woman who weights around 115-120. I eat around 5000-8000 calories everyday. I'm not that active, have an office job and only workout once a day. No cardio either. I'm confused on WHY 6000 would be considered a lot of calories??!!

This doesn't seem plausible to me. I am about 115 pounds, work an office job, do cardio once a day, and maintain on about 2,000-2,200 calories. Either something is off with how you measure your intake or something is off in how you're determining your activity.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    highly likely full of crap - but he could easily take in 4000cal a day - many people who work with the same nutrition folks that I do (eat to perform) avg 3-4000 and are either weight stable or losing slightly (people of all shapes, sizes, gender and age)

Maybe the majority of his calories come from the crap he's full of! :D
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

I am so curious what you would eat to get 2200 calories by 9 am. I'm not even being snarky, I just wonder what that would be....
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Imagine getting to eat 8k a day though.....mmmm...Id be eating literally non stop to try and hit it lol is like 5x what i eat now and im already eating pretty constant lol. Bring on the peanutbutter
  • stanmann571
    edited November 2017
    Options

This doesn't seem plausible to me. I am about 115 pounds, work an office job, do cardio once a day, and maintain on about 2,000-2,200 calories. Either something is off with how you measure your intake or something is off in how you're determining your activity.

Unless she bikes 10+ miles each way to work as her commute, there's absolutely no way.

Or her "once a day cardio" is a 3 hour 15 mile run.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not possible. I once caught a fish the size of a whale. You can't disprove that. Unless he's doing Tour de France or something, that's a highly exaggerated claim.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    Options

Unless she bikes 10+ miles each way to work as her commute, there's absolutely no way.

ya no theres no way im 24, 5 ft 3 125 pounds im a mover as a job i walk around 12 miles average a day up and down steep stairs and carrying hundreds of pounds worth of stuff pretty consistently through about 15k of my 25kish steps a day. And my maintenance is around 2300-2500. I work 10-14 hour days.

Theres simply no way someone that much smaller thn me burns that much more in little time doing *kitten* all

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

She wrote above that she didn't even *do* cardio so I am struggling to accept that she is burning 8,000 calories a day on the regular with her office job.
  • stanmann571
    Options
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

I am so curious what you would eat to get 2200 calories by 9 am. I'm not even being snarky, I just wonder what that would be....

Lets see.... 3 egg omelet with bacon and cheese and onions, 1 Liter Grapefruit Juice, .5 liter coffee flavored sugar syrup. 4 slices toast with butter and cheese. Should get you pretty close. And I haven't even had my hash browns, large, scattered, smothered, and covered. with a side of gravy
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

Lets see.... 3 egg omelet with bacon and cheese and onions, 1 Liter Grapefruit Juice, .5 liter coffee flavored sugar syrup. 4 slices toast with butter and cheese. Should get you pretty close. And I haven't even had my hash browns, large, scattered, smothered, and covered. with a side of gravy

Well arent you a special snowflake. Side note mmmm hashbrowns
  • stanmann571
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Well arent you a special snowflake. Side note mmmm hashbrowns

I read once that Michael Phelps eats around 6000 calories/day when he is training. That's Michael Phelps though...

i thought he got up to 12,000?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/2563451/Michael-Phelps-the-extraordinary-12000-calorie-diet-that-fuels-greatest-ever-Olympian-Beijing-Olympics-2008.html

If your training load supports and requires that level of feeding, then it's No big deal, unless you're not getting what you need.

If your training load doesn't support that level of feeding then you'll blow up.

Between 18-22, I got between 4-6k calories a day, and maintained at around 150. I also walked 10-12 miles a day for transportation and worked 6-10 hours a night on my feet at a fast food restaurant.

When I transitioned to a more sedentary lifestyle(car/desk job) around 25, I started getting bigger fairly quickly and had to cut back on my eating.

It's how I ate when I was young and thin.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Are you sure you aren't confusing kj and calories?

Edit: never mind. She actually means calories. No comment.