8,000 calories a day?

Replies

• JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2017
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

I am so curious what you would eat to get 2200 calories by 9 am. I'm not even being snarky, I just wonder what that would be....

Lets see.... 3 egg omelet with bacon and cheese and onions, 1 Liter Grapefruit Juice, .5 liter coffee flavored sugar syrup. 4 slices toast with butter and cheese. Should get you pretty close. And I haven't even had my hash browns, large, scattered, smothered, and covered. with a side of gravy

Uh huh. All this plus any other meals and no working out at all, sitting behind a desk all day and totally healthy.

o6zraffx7x5t.gif
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    This is 100% possible and honestly, how is 6000 calories a day even a lot to you guys? I am a 5ft tall woman who weights around 115-120. I eat around 5000-8000 calories everyday. I'm not that active, have an office job and only workout once a day. No cardio either. I'm confused on WHY 6000 would be considered a lot of calories??!!

I know, right? I have 12,000 calories in my morning coffee, and I have robots lift it for me so I don't waste any energy.

That's Bulletproof taken to a whole new level. I can't believe they haven't thought of including robots in their advertising.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited November 2017
    nevermind
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

I am so curious what you would eat to get 2200 calories by 9 am. I'm not even being snarky, I just wonder what that would be....

Lets see.... 3 egg omelet with bacon and cheese and onions, 1 Liter Grapefruit Juice, .5 liter coffee flavored sugar syrup. 4 slices toast with butter and cheese. Should get you pretty close. And I haven't even had my hash browns, large, scattered, smothered, and covered. with a side of gravy

Uh huh. All this plus any other meals and no working out at all, sitting behind a desk all day and totally healthy.

o6zraffx7x5t.gif

Check your posters. Stanmann571 is not the woman claiming to be a sedentary furnace of caloric destruction.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

Check your posters. Stanmann571 is not the woman claiming to be a sedentary furnace of caloric destruction.

And I certainly wouldn't eat that way anymore... at least not every day.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is 100% possible and honestly, how is 6000 calories a day even a lot to you guys? I am a 5ft tall woman who weights around 115-120. I eat around 5000-8000 calories everyday. I'm not that active, have an office job and only workout once a day. No cardio either. I'm confused on WHY 6000 would be considered a lot of calories??!!

I just can't seem to fathom this is realistic. No cardio and 5-8000 calories a day and not gain a pound? Would love to see your food journal for a week straight. I had to google about anybody eating 8,000 calories a day and every website I looked at including bodybuilding websites, says if you eat 8,000 calories a day, you will gain weight unless you're burning a crap load of calories with cardio. Bradley Cooper ate 8,000 calories a day for a month to put 40 pounds on for the movie American Sniper. I just can't believe this is real especially no cardio and not gain a pound, but now the question is how much money does she spend a week on groceries?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    oilphins wrote: »

Geez and I thought Cole from survivor was full of crap. I just can't seem to fathom this is realistic. No cardio and 5-8000 calories a day and not gain a pound? Would love to see your food journal for a week straight. Is it possible her metabolism is that good? Maybe it's possible but now the question is how much money does she spend a week on groceries?

I was just fantasizing about what I could eat if I had 8000 calories a day to work with.

I could eat 32 Snickers.

Livin' the dream.

30 jelly donuts from Dunkin. Ah yiss!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    oilphins wrote: »

Geez and I thought Cole from survivor was full of crap. I just can't seem to fathom this is realistic. No cardio and 5-8000 calories a day and not gain a pound? Would love to see your food journal for a week straight. Is it possible her metabolism is that good? Maybe it's possible but now the question is how much money does she spend a week on groceries?

I was just fantasizing about what I could eat if I had 8000 calories a day to work with.

I could eat 32 Snickers.

Livin' the dream.

30 jelly donuts from Dunkin. Ah yiss!

An entire chocolate cake (I've built mine in the recipe builder and it is 6228 calories) plus milk to wash it down and I'd still have calories leftover.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2017
    jemhh wrote: »

o6zraffx7x5t.gif

Thanks, but I know who I was responding to. I was simply taking the idea of the breakfast posted and applying it to the original sedentary furnace of caloric destruction! :)

Maybe that 6k a day person is a shrew.....
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    I may have missed it but I don't recall Mrs 6000 calories a day saying she was losing weight... I CAN eat that many in a day but I damn sure wouldn't lose weight!
  • stanmann571
    edited November 2017
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I may have missed it but I don't recall Mrs 6000 calories a day saying she was losing weight... I CAN eat that many in a day but I damn sure wouldn't lose weight!

She said she's 115 lbs.

Maybe it's a tapeworm
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Forget the guys name but he worked out for basically 24 hours straight trying to burn 10k and only managed to burn like 7k calories? and he was a male athlete. Just saying
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member

Do you have some kind of underlying medical condition that accounts for this? Maybe that would be an important bit of information to share. I am confused, because, on one hand, you seem to understand that this is not normal, but at the same time you appear to be perplexed that not everybody can eat this way.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2017
    jessicapk wrote: »

She said she's 115 lbs.

I fluctuate in between 107-111 and my maintenance, with working out for about 45 minutes four days a week, is 1700 cals. I would 100% gain weight if I ate 6000 calories/day.

But, I'm nowhere near active enough to see if it would be possible for me to eat that and not gain weight.

I totally agree with you as I'm the same as yourself. I usually eat 1800-2000 a day and do a 10k run about 5 days a week which burns about 700 calories to stay at about 175 pounds. If I ate 6-8000 calories a day and did no cardio, I would gain a ton of weight and I think so would everyone else. Still waiting to hear back from her and show us her food journal for a week. Still don't buy it.
  • stanmann571
    lporter229 wrote: »

Do you have some kind of underlying medical condition that accounts for this? Maybe that would be an important bit of information to share. I am confused, because, on one hand, you seem to understand that this is not normal, but at the same time you appear to be perplexed that not everybody can eat this way.

It's either a tapeworm or a :trollface:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

This doesn't seem plausible to me. I am about 115 pounds, work an office job, do cardio once a day, and maintain on about 2,000-2,200 calories. Either something is off with how you measure your intake or something is off in how you're determining your activity.

Unless she bikes 10+ 100+ miles each way to work as her commute, there's absolutely no way.

Or her "once a day cardio" is a 3 hour 15 mile run.

Haha fixed it for you :p I weigh 110 lbs, and ride regularly. Even going full speed uphill for 20 miles I wouldn't burn more than 250 - 300 cals.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

This doesn't seem plausible to me. I am about 115 pounds, work an office job, do cardio once a day, and maintain on about 2,000-2,200 calories. Either something is off with how you measure your intake or something is off in how you're determining your activity.

Unless she bikes 10+ 100+ miles each way to work as her commute, there's absolutely no way.

Or her "once a day cardio" is a 3 hour 15 mile run.

Haha fixed it for you :p I weigh 110 lbs, and ride regularly. Even going full speed uphill for 20 miles I wouldn't burn more than 250 - 300 cals.

yup - my flat course half-ironman (56miles/3.5hrs) was just a tad over 1000cal (per my garmin)