8,000 calories a day?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I eat 20,000 calories a day and I am 5% bodyfat.

• Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    She's Yuka Kinoshita! Oh, wait Kinoshita-san likely only eats this way like once a week max. Here is a video of her deep frying some Big Macs for a meal. Just in case you need to eat 6k calories and need more recipes. It's CCed in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCOeoES43UQ&index=19&list=PLSEFni51m3VLzkRfoxBweJZdVcT_LzxDg

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

I am so curious what you would eat to get 2200 calories by 9 am. I'm not even being snarky, I just wonder what that would be....

Lets see.... 3 egg omelet with bacon and cheese and onions, 1 Liter Grapefruit Juice, .5 liter coffee flavored sugar syrup. 4 slices toast with butter and cheese. Should get you pretty close. And I haven't even had my hash browns, large, scattered, smothered, and covered. with a side of gravy

Uh huh. All this plus any other meals and no working out at all, sitting behind a desk all day and totally healthy.

o6zraffx7x5t.gif

Check your posters. Stanmann571 is not the woman claiming to be a sedentary furnace of caloric destruction.

I'm claiming dibs on this for when I start a thrash metal band.

You know, normally, when I say "LOL" I'm not literally laughing out loud. Your comment was the exception. LOL!!!!!
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    It is. I weighed everything for months just to make sure. I also have a nutritionist. I am actually starving when I have only 6000-7000. I honestly don't understand it myself but only because other people (to me) eat way too little. For me, 2,200 calories would be what I eat by 9am. This will not fill me at all. Then at around 10am I eat another meal... it's usually something such as a 10oz piece of meat, another whole potato and a whole avocado. I'll still be really hungry after that and generally have some crackers, 2-3 bananas and some almond butter. Then lunch is around 12-1pm and that's usually a huge piece of fatty meat with veggies and carbs. My carbs are stuff like potatoes, fruit, etc. I also do a lot of fat just to make sure I stay satiated. So my fat grams will be around 300g per day.

How would a person be full with 2200 calories? Isn't that just one meal's worth??

Do you have some kind of underlying medical condition that accounts for this? Maybe that would be an important bit of information to share. I am confused, because, on one hand, you seem to understand that this is not normal, but at the same time you appear to be perplexed that not everybody can eat this way.

It's either a tapeworm or a :trollface:

037jzzuh17nt.jpg

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    This is 100% possible and honestly, how is 6000 calories a day even a lot to you guys? I am a 5ft tall woman who weights around 115-120. I eat around 5000-8000 calories everyday. I'm not that active, have an office job and only workout once a day. No cardio either. I'm confused on WHY 6000 would be considered a lot of calories??!!

Then you are the very, very extreme example of a statistical outlier, so different from a statistically normal person that there's no point in us more average people even interacting with you.

A typical very active, quite muscular woman of your height/weight would burn something in the 2000s. If you're healthy and maintaining your weight while eating 2-4 times the norm, you are out at the tiny distant tail of the bell curve, on the lucky end. But you have essentially nothing in common with the rest of us.

Nothing to talk about. Nice ta meetcha, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    #fakenews
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    When i was playing college baseball, I averaged about 9300 per day (I took a basic nutrition class and had to log everything for my class). I maintained at 210 lbs at that calorie content. I also was practicing 3 hours per day, in addition to a 3.75 mile run in 26 min or less twice a day. It wasn't unusual for me to eat 13-15 grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. 25 plus pieces of pizza at a setting. I was hungry all the time because I was burning so many calories. My nutrition professor thought i was calculating wrong until i explained my workouts and practice.